3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
Chuck_Norris_ 11.06.20 09:45 pm

6gb vs gtx 1060. 1060 gtx 3gb ?

Hi guys ) I'm here thinking about whether to buy a gtx 1060 at 6gb or 3gb will do if the quality of textures to reduce in game settings? Well, like how Raiden is the last I will configure the same but the 3gb version will lower texture quality, fps wakes up the same? Well in other for example, re-entering just lower quality textures that would be enough VRAM and fps wakes up the same ideas into what 6gb to 3gb, is that right?
9 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 11.06.20

if there is more memory than can ultimately eat the game then Yes.
otherwise it will increase the load on the memory controller vidio card from what not fully occupied the time of the chip never. then voschem by the throughput of the processor of the braking.
if in absentia to run the game which is not eating for 3 petabyte (e.g. assassin 4 eats more than 2GB in a full CD under any circumstances) that fps should be directly proportional to the frequency, the characteristics of the memory on any graphics card.

C
Chuck_Norris_ 11.06.20

MunchkiN 616
You seem hip to this ) there may be easier please ) So as I understand if you turn down settings cator guzzle the memory that the game wanted to use no more than 3gb they will give almost equal fps as 6gb gtx1060 has more iron )

G
GG4 11.06.20

19lexa19
The difference in price is 160 rubles, is it really critical?

l
lookaway 11.06.20

19lexa19
if Dalar is, it is better to pay the 4-5K and take 6GB. but it will cut tile, shadow and so on. why bother to take 1060 in this case.
the same zhta 2015 eats more than 3 GB at max settings (no extra)

M
MunchkiN 616 11.06.20

eaten mostly texture and smoothing
so if you take GTA to piety to put everything ultra max but with low textures and cool without emeaa smoothing - Yes fps if you had both cards most likely differed within the error but on ultra Paradiso where the need is already sensitive for 4гибуба fps to vary and podprygivaya likely.
so at the min the situation is similar. Minh 2 gibabyte but the map is probably the most powerful with 2 gibabyte. the resolution is not full BH in Minya performance, you can tell the car to play but the soap is not very nice. from with moderately powerful chip than booolshoy of videoplate the better. and for multi GPU systems this is clearly the case.
so there is absolutely greedy with 3 gibabytes feces I think it is not worth it. at least in modern pitch should be 4 gibabyte and level of performance like a Radeon 290х and max peck-peck it almost does not exist.

D
DozoRRR 11.06.20

MunchkiN 616
But what about the shadows? They guzzle moment of not less Sparky

N
Nehalim 11.06.20

The question itself is stupid, because 6 GB is better than 3 , especially in today's day better even 8GB , that was a reserve for the future.

M
MunchkiN 616 11.06.20

DozoRRR
and you can count peck-peck's arithmetic. monochrome hardware can be expanded to a single color channel. let's say 4K shadows on the shade level and extremely a lot of items edokov 1000. AZM edokov something out from 300MB to 2.5 GB but these separate shadows in the pitch don't exist. they are usually extremely a lot of eating to half a Gigabyte. to peck and peck. if 4K and something like hide a is from 2.5-3 glubyte cards without deferred lighting and all auxiliary.
shadows devour more than the performance of the GPU for that matter and are not usually to the screen resolution.

C
Chuck_Norris_ 11.06.20

MunchkiN 616
Thanks for all the advice and clarification ) may think so well explain all these nuances in detail )