3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Toxa95 14.06.20 09:47 pm

Books, games, movies, similar in spirit to Dark Souls (Dark Souls 3)

Before diving into the murky world of Dark souls I want to jump on a similar dark worlds in order to train the imagination and to arouse further interest for research in the world of the game.
Aimless wandering back and forth and hopelessness, the Lord. These are the feelings that I have experienced in the search for such content. But because turn here. Maybe the loyal fans who share my desire to get out of the depths of the abyss a part of the gloom that permeated the Dark Souls.
29 Comments
Sort by:
00 Otvazhnyy moryachok 14.06.20

The games are similar or what are looking for?
Spoiler eaten bloodborn on utube )))

g
gudbaidulin 14.06.20

try the game tormentum - dark sorrow

G
Gutsz 14.06.20

Berserker (Berserk) - anime, game and manga. All were drawn from there.

D
Dat_game_industry 14.06.20

Shadowcrypt
Quite a hardcore platformer, it's really hard to find on torrents (on rutrekere only 1 led in my sitting).

T
Toxa95 14.06.20

Gutsz
0000Ptasha
Rather books.
Bloodborn did not like. All because of the endless spawning the same mobs. The second Dark Souls in this respect was better. And the medieval setting more to their liking. Well, lore in Dark Souls is not as freaky.
Anime about Berserk I watched. Liked. Wanted those comics to read, but couldn't shake up ossified brain and get it to read images from right to left and not Vice versa.

V
VaRRkan2258 14.06.20

Read recommend Kostin Sergei 4th book of the series Warren called Toy for the Emperor the atmosphere is very reminiscent of the Souls series. But only for the atmosphere. Well, the classic Glen cook Black squad, Michael Moorcock the Saga about Alice from Melnibone,

S
StalkerVirys 14.06.20

the game is lords of the fallen. of course, Dark Souls, she makes only graphics, but the game is entertaining and very similar.

z
zZhekAa21 14.06.20

Darkest Dungeon is similar in style and atmosphere.

K
Kyle_Katarn 14.06.20

Not exactly, but play Dark Messiah Might and Magic on the highest difficulty, using merely autocoherence will get a similar gameplay experience.

1.Despair full last hours in pots srpg game Planescape: Torment.
2. Bleakness and despair enough in the world-the horror of Silent Hill 2,3.
3. Banging my head against the wall of despair will make the ending horror adventure Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs.
4. Very grim gorgeous puzzle platformer Limbo.
5. Something similar to the atmosphere slips into action movie The Suffering: Prison is Hell .
6. In desperation and despair drowning in a domestic indie Knock-Knock.

Of the books here so immediately I remember only the story I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream by Harlan Ellison. Well, even Franz Kafka is certainly worth reading, especially the novel the Transformation.

T
Toxa95 14.06.20

Kyle_Katarn
Oh, Dark Souls is easier than Dark Messiah Might and Magic on the ultra difficulty and without sohranenok. There's all the beating of the baby, only the baby is a player. In Solso, at least, can be careful and avoid hundreds of pitfalls, and the Messiah to fight back from a pair of Cyclops - it's incredible.
And from books are not looking for something with the concentrated despair, for this is the Road and to Old men, but rather the atmosphere of a dead medieval world populated by scary creatures.

K
Kyle_Katarn 14.06.20

Toxa95
Oh, Dark Souls is easier than Dark Messiah Might and Magic on the ultra difficulty and without sohranenok. There's all the beating of the baby, only the baby is a player. In Solso, at least, can be careful and avoid hundreds of pitfalls, and the Messiah to fight back from a pair of Cyclops - it's incredible. - well, you're exaggerating a little bit. The main thing to remember about kick - benefit chasms and simply fires, surfaces with spikes in the game with plenty of it.... Just as important, at least that is pumped in magic. Well, the Cyclops, in General, do not remember already, but there was some sort of shit that makes it one or two times to fall on my knees (like the spell lightning when hit in the eye).... and then the main thing is not to blunt, run up and stab the sword in the eye.

the atmosphere of a dead medieval world populated by scary creatures - Pfff, well, you have requirements.)

A
AT_Sagor 14.06.20

Toxa95
Try to read the Wizard of Earthsea Ursula Le GUIN. There is enough of a gloomy mood, and the degree of despair is constantly growing; however there are many magical beasts, they are there, to maintain the desired background.
We would also recommend the Legend of the Seeker Terry Goodkind. There is also enough of the hopelessness, too, but the main character provides a great contrast to the situation in which it turned out he and his entourage, which slightly spoils the atmosphere. Here is a magical beast enough, but reasonably.

K
Kyle_Katarn 14.06.20

Toxa95
but rather the atmosphere of a dead medieval world populated by scary creatures. - the books are not remembered, but remembered a great series of slashers fall under this definition - Legacy of Kain.
Well, a bit like AV found the book of the great cycles of Alexei Pehowa - the Chronicles of SIAL, and the spark and the Wind. World there is not dead, but at times the characters fall into place and the area, perfectly matching your description.

d
drag_in 14.06.20

Games:
in Gsovsky circles constantly remember:
Severance: Blade of Darkness (old, 2001) but gorat very cool (although can b can tell you what I was.),
Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen (2016)
Ni-Oh this year supposed to come, with a mind like..

A
AT_Sagor 14.06.20

Good old tomb raider, Yes... perhaps she was a pioneer in the same genre of dark fantasy and, moreover, very complicated. I remember this hulking dwarf, so right any difficulty of Dark Souls begins to look significant.

C
COHF 14.06.20

Joe The Circle Of The Earth

s
snayper2013 14.06.20

Toxa95
In vain, speaking of which I did not read the manga Berserker, you make yourself, then dragged, by the ears will not drag, I guarantee it.

H
Hawkwind 14.06.20

I agree about Abercrombie, not only the cycle the circle of the Earth, and all his books are good.

g
gloccc 14.06.20

Game severance blade of darkness , the book house of leaves , though it is only in English available

s
super_gamer68 14.06.20

Think of Skyrim the game close in spirit