3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Pyanyy chay 14.06.20 10:04 pm

1060 and motherboard

Going to buy ASUS DUAL-GTX1060-6G but there was always the fear with the motherboard, normally it will work with my motherboard MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate. CPU i5 4670K overclocked to 3.6.
20 Comments
Sort by:
p
pochtipushkin 14.06.20

Drunk tea
Rак recently studied the issue of motherboard compatibility and came to the conclusion that the main parameters of the not so much:

1) of Course the socket (where the CPU is already installed, this option disappears).
2) the Number of slots of RAM.
2.1), its type (DDR3 or ДДР4)
2.2) its frequency
3) the Number of PCI-e slots
3.1) Type PCI-e 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0
3.2) the Speed of PCI-e(4X, 8X or 16x)
4) Built-in audio (the quality that the gamer is not particularly important)
5) Other (number САТА2, САТА3, USB2, USB3, etc.)
6) overclocking (you need the multiplier or not)
7) Opportunities Turboboost and Hyper Trading.

For myself, I realized that the motherboard could have any chipset - main to:
1) was a normal one (unless you plan SLI) PCI-e 3.0 bus (16x)
2) at least 2 slots for RAM ДДР4
3) at least one SATA3
4) at least one USB3.0.
5) Turboboost
6) Hyper trading

The rest (all of these chipsets, the amount of extra slots (which are idle)) - it's all marketing and a waste of money.

Could be wrong, but to me, in this case, very soon will correct =)

R
Ryazancev 14.06.20

Drunk tea
Don't worry, everything will work fine.

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 14.06.20

Drunk tea
Yes, and why not. PCI-Express x16 version 3.0 is available, this connector is universal, no matter which stick, the main thing for the case and nothing more. Take it and don't think. You can do quite stupid. I like how MSI implemented the update with motherboard driver you update utility and a graphics card, if I take the same MSI. And from ASUS, just their software, else, it is the job of drivers.
Meanwhile, I have TWO(!) ASUS-and worked for MSI, and gigabyte Board.
PS plus myself Accidentally soldered (podliznul sucks now), turned in the negative (better), and it is ignored anyway, well, okay, cool.

T
Timur Asailov 14.06.20

pochtipushkin
Here I could not resist :
1. The fastest SSD is connected via pci express .
2. Audio card -as if stuck there too.

3. I have a Wi Fi adapter too, through pci express works.
That is, is not stupid marketingowy move.

And I want to add about the chipset, often allows you to overclock the CPU. (adds support for new processors on the same socket ( as with kaby lake for example).

a
airstorm 14.06.20

Drunk tea
Will work, only the card capacity is higher than the chipset of the motherboard. that way about 190 GB/sec (if you take VRAM) vs. 48GB/s chipset Intel Z87. Of course the memory communicates with the GPU and chipset and CPU to cope with the flow channel pci express. The difference in FPS if you install the video card say the ASUS Z97-DELUXE (chipset Z97 have this figure somewhere in 2-2,5 times above) , is visible only to heavy games unscrewed to the maximum settings, but in this case, braking will begin percents i5. To squeeze it to the limit and is a resource that can be put to a i7 4790... but that is very different from Opera, where you should buy new motherboard with CPU and relevant RAM, Yes newer.
Coming back to the point: Yes, will work without problems. The main check will be enough for your PSU to pull this load. The real power of this card is 200 watts (Doom 2016 peak throws to 211 watts). In Witcher 3, at maximum settings, she ate a maximum of 193 watts (from 47 FPS to 60, if you're interested).

p
pochtipushkin 14.06.20

Timur Akilov
Here I could not resist :
1. The fastest SSD is connected via pci express .
2. Audio card -as if stuck there too.
3. I have a Wi Fi adapter too, through pci express works.
That is, is not stupid marketingowy move.

I merely said that the number of slots you need to choose based on their needs, not be carried out on the continuous updating of the models. Type model 2016 is better than the 2014 model. Although, in fact, you can have just a couple of inputs/outputs more that you can be, and to use you never will.

By the way, I have now Asrock x58 extreme3 released back in 2010, bought in far 2013. I don't even know what she is not, what would I need, even when upgrading a PC? (except for the socket, it's possible to operate the multiplier for overclocking).

b
bloomm 14.06.20

Drunk tea wrote:
CPU i5 4670K overclocked to 3.6.
How did you do that ? he works in TB 3.8 Ghz you ago broke up or what ? =))) And about the nurse, everything will go without problems.

T
Timur Asailov 14.06.20

pochtipushkin
Yes, I was just by the way.... All right you figured out, and most importantly, resourceful and intelligibly described.

P
Pyanyy chay 14.06.20

bloomm
He has a base of 3.4

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 14.06.20

Drunk tea
Specification i5 4670K has a base frequency of 3400 MHz. Maximum clock frequency with Turbo Boost technology is 3800 MHz. (see screenshot 1. For reference there is my i7-4790k, will appear in the shots below). To activate this mode you have to put in the power Supply high-performance, and in setting up the scheme the minimum and maximum processor state - 100% complete. By default, it is noted that it is included.
wiki - Boost Turbo Boost определениеTurbo (eng. Turbo Boost — literally. pens. turbo upgrade (turbo acceleration turbo acceleration) technology from Intel to automatically increase the CPU clock more than nominal if it does not exceed the capacity limit, temperature and current composition design power (TDP). This leads to increased performance of both single and multithreaded applications. In fact, this technology "samarangana" processor.
Availability of technology Turbo Boost does not depend on the number of active nuclei, however, depends on the presence of one or more cores running at a capacity lower than estimated. The system in Turbo mode depends on workload, operating environment and platform construction.
The Intel® Turbo Boost technology is usually enabled by default in one of the BIOS menu.
How to know what is included. Just download the app HWiNFO64, install, run and see the illuminated inscription Turbo (see screenshot 2).
Скриншот_1
Скриншот_2
So, this is not overclocking, you only raised the minimum.

V
Vinni-Pukh 14.06.20

VOVAN WOLF
Turbo boost at 4670К it
1 core multiplier x38
2 core x37
3 core x36
and all 4 cores already X35 , i.e. 3500 MHz. When he plays the game, or encode video to 4 cores, it does not have any 3.8 GHz, and a total of 3500 MHz. So the nurse could put fixed to 3600 MHz on each core

V
Vinni-Pukh 14.06.20

airstorm
airstorm wrote:
Will work, only the card capacity is higher than the chipset of the motherboard. that way about 190 GB/sec (if you take VRAM) vs. 48GB/s chipset Intel Z87.
The chipset specifications such as bandwidth are not present.

airstorm wrote:
Of course the memory communicates with the GPU and chipset and CPU to cope with the flow channel pci express.
PCI Express line is taken by card only on the CPU, the chipset it touches. And the limitation of the performance of the GPU is only the PCI 3.0 which is 8 GB/s in one direction and 8 GB/s to another.

airstorm wrote:
will be visible only on the heavy games unscrewed to the maximum settings
It will be noticeable when the lack of VRAM , and the graphics card will pull memory from the RAM , but the RAM and so slow, and its still 4 times will limit the PCI 3.0 and will friezes.
airstorm wrote:
but this is very different from Opera, where you should buy new motherboard with CPU and relevant RAM, Yes newer.
Stupidity, not more 1888 MHz for DDR3 and DDR4 for 2400-2666.
airstorm wrote:
Coming back to the point: Yes, will work without problems. The main check will be enough for your PSU to pull this load. The real power of this card is 200 watts (Doom 2016 peak throws to 211 watts). In Witcher 3, at maximum settings, she ate a maximum of 193 watts (from 47 FPS to 60, if you're interested).
there'll be 450 watts. I velocoty 6 percent nuclear and 1080 Jetix just games eats no more than 400 watts

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 14.06.20

Vinni-Pukh
Neither tenuate cost to write friend under the name bloomm, he started a note about TB. I know all this, I don't need. I just picked up the issue and thus wanted to state again to maintain the above-mentioned person that 3600, it's not really overclocking, the CPU can do more and better. And as you pointed out the nurse could have fixed to put 3600 MHz - why not.
I understand one can't, I threw the above is a screenshot, I have the 4400 i.e. the software put this value + is the settings in MSI Command Center, while all cores, duck is TB and a constant frequency, meanwhile I can change here and now on any and AIDA64 shows the multiplier 44, or is a constant acceleration, load TB, or 4400, it's not his job (Turbo Boost), and it will add already to 4400. Specification processor notes .what 4400 is Turbo Boost.
AIDA 64

V
Vinni-Pukh 14.06.20

VOVAN WOLF
When the iron is dispersed. The BIOS does not allow disable turboboost. You can have a CPU on each core to expose at least X49. but it will be shown that turboboost included.
Aida shows the maximum multiplier. You can 1 to put the kernel X50, and the other 3 X30, and X50 Aida show

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 14.06.20

Vinni-Pukh
Spoilertv something did not finish. I'm not Turbo Boost played a role, and all the usual overclocking from software.
Raised to 4500
That's stock, and all 4 cores has a second frequency - 4400.
Standard - nominal mode
On the last screen Uncore 4000, it would be necessary to Google what it is.

D
DozoRRR 14.06.20

airstorm
The main check will be enough for your PSU to pull this load. The real power of this card is 200 watts (Doom 2016 peak throws to 211 watts). In Witcher 3, at maximum settings, she ate a maximum of 193 watts (from 47 FPS to 60, if you're interested).
What 200 watts at 1060, where are the numbers?! 150-160 max watts and it is very heavy loading and overclocking+raising voltage from 8pin. My system eats all of 230-280 watts.

e
eger1 14.06.20

pochtipushkin
Whether your Board is at least 9999 of connectors and slots, if there is no normal heat sink, and she lomanogo not worth a penny. No fee is 10K cheaper will not drive the card and the CPU without interruptions and failures

p
pochtipushkin 14.06.20

егерь1
Whether your Board is at least 9999 of connectors and slots, if there is no normal heat sink, and she lomanogo not worth a penny. No fee is 10K cheaper will not drive the card and the CPU without interruptions and failures

I agree with the first part but the second. . . My old lady even a separate cooling system is on the North bridge - with a cooler. So what about a low 10K I do not agree.

b
bloomm 14.06.20

Drunk tea
I know =) that his base is 3.4 but it is 3.8 Tb what is Tb read off the website.

c
callmegod 14.06.20

Z87 awesome chip, I don't see any problems. PCI E 3.0 is the nurse and is supported by the CPU. Everything is perfect.