3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
f
firkax 14.06.20 10:14 pm

ATTENTION! The danger of patch 1.26 (Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos)

Thanks to one of the adherents of the old patch in this thread revealed the critical danger of the game to patch 1.26 and below.
Namely, authors can run on your computer any program, once you startanete the game on their map. In this case you will not be issued any warnings/issues/notifications, just launched who knows what without your knowledge and rights as the game client (and many start the game from the administrator - that is, rights are very large).
Of course, most of the authors of maps such nonsense are not engaged, but here you go in some sort of game, download card - how do you check that it is not sutrayana? No way! So the only option is to not download any new maps at all unless you don't trust PERSONALLY to their author and are not sure that the downloaded map is not fake (and you can check it when downloading through the game again, impossible). The vulnerability is (SIC) was corrected in a 1.27 b.
Robatel have already switched to the patch where this is fixed, but many still play on the old patch in other ways, and consider it necessary to warn them.
8 Comments
Sort by:
s
street_vaiper 14.06.20

balabol

B
Bober V Zakone 14.06.20

Not a windmill,he says. Due to the fact that the map size has increased significantly,there may be a risk of embedded virus in the map.
The program like Warcraft is just a stream of bytes. That sees it and sings. The whole point of applied language jass, running cards like DotA, in writing some of the user actions, i.e., the lyrics. Not to frighten beginners, and not to increase development time, Blizzard left only a basic set of notes. Roughly speaking, the left on the piano, and the rest disappeared over the wall "virtual machine".
Memcheck (memory hack, hacking, memory) destroys the wall and opens up full access to the entire tool. The only disadvantage of technology — to take advantage of this gap can be in any order, from the expansion of the game and its features (as we did) to the total enslavement of the player's computer through built-in virus that will run with the same rights as Warcraft (most users — admin). That it is not necessary to download cards with the "left" sources, where they could edit anyone, mentioned.
http://blog.d1stats.ru/blog/corp/294.html

PS Admins don't delete the link pliz.

B
Bober V Zakone 14.06.20

I'm sorry.Due to the fact that sleepy,I read about the danger of patch 1.27. Actually my previous post dedicated to the 1.27 patch.

f
firkax 14.06.20

Well I wrote - it is fixed in 1.27 b. That is 1.27 and too dangerous but about him there is almost no one knows anyway.

k
killerbot 14.06.20

sufferers BL. the game 15 years, no you do not need a gift

B
Bober V Zakone 14.06.20

1.27 b memory hack is not working ?

f
firkax 14.06.20

so, what's different it adept in the subject on my link http://www.rubattle.net/forums/warcraft_3_reign_of_chaos/tech/patch_1_26_luchshe-926279/

f
firkax 14.06.20

he believes that the memory hack is a cool opportunity for karadelev, and the fact that there at the same time is possible and Trojans to do so is to not care, and offended that its fixed