3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
j
jibicbiu 18.10.19 12:06 pm

Happy Birthday, friends! (Diablo 2)

In 1996 Blizzard released Diablo. The author is game designer David Brevik originally wanted to make a turn-based RPG, using plasticine animation, but the publishers felt that the time for such games has passed.

Then the developers decided to simplify the gameplay to make it more dynamic. Thus Blizzard almost changed the industry, giving rise to a huge number of imitators, which for a long time was referred to as "Diablo clones".

June 26, 2000 in North America, the company released a sequel (June 30 in Europe), which became bigger than the original in all respects. The game was originally planned to end in just two years, but development was delayed for three.

According to project Manager Eric Shafer, due to the fact that Diablo II never had a proper design document is just a rough plan. The authors just wanted the sequel was all more of the original four cities instead of one of five character classes instead of three and so on.

Due to the fact that the team of 24 people (which, however, has grown to 40 by the end of development) already had all the necessary tools and streamlined mechanics, the Studio managed to make the game, "which was four times larger than the original spent only two times more powerful." Even so, the last year of work developers had to crunchity.

Ironic that at a time like the first Diablo tried harder to distance themselves from the traditional RPG, its sequel sold complete with "nastolki" Dungeons & Dragons: Diablo. For the first two weeks of Diablo II has sold over a million copies around the world and ended up in the "Guinness Book of world records" as the fastest game.

Critics and players were warmly greeted her, but almost exactly a year after release — June 27, 2001 — Blizzard has released a Supplement Lord of Destruction, without which to imagine Diablo II is now virtually impossible.

In honor of the birthday of the cult action-RPG tell me about his acquaintance with her and share memories about the times when Deckard Cain was still alive, and the secret level it was inhabited by cows.

Stolen from DTF.ru
14 Comments
Sort by:
C
CoolStoryBob 18.10.19

Stole it back

[
[_JENKA_] 18.10.19

bought D3, walked 1 times and the second time is not now. and no matter what is in D2. passed 300 times, 300 times and will go again

m
mazzilavbane 18.10.19

in D2 there are alir and all his fucking policies, so in the furnace D2

j
jibicbiu 18.10.19

mazzilavbane
Ya nup. Don't know who alir and what his policies. Play your pleasure.
The outrage is not involved.

a
aaaaaSHKA 18.10.19

[_JENKA_] wrote:
you know what you should do

[
[_JENKA_] 18.10.19

aaaaaSHKA
when I wrote that figure , I knew that I would write about him, so you're predictable

I
Immense 18.10.19

jibicbiu
jibicbiu wrote:tell me about his acquaintance with her
October 2004.... In those days, even the air smelled differently. In a year met her online version. It was something. The sound of rain and music from the first act - probably will never forget.

Q
QverRating 18.10.19

2007-8, once on vacation I found in the attic Pentium-2 cousin. Among other things, there was brud-var, worms Armageddon and classic Diablo 2. Where six characters in the right place, and the selected character is to the left of the fire. Was playing sometimes. Here.

j
jibicbiu 18.10.19

My history is long enough. First was Diablo 1. We played offline, and sometimes the Telnet like. In those wonderful days when the Internet was a phone, with cards mtu intell.
To play by the Telnet was just the two of us dozvanivayas to the other directly and entering the telephone mode is employed(for that was pogrebeno from the nurse many times).
Year do not remember. Bearded. Then we came to the area of mesh dedicated channel (Degunino.no, if people say that, absorbed in consequence of netbynet'om).
Direct of Diablo 2 in 2000 was odious, I remember the cheers of classmates and guys from the network, but my thoughts then were completely absorbed in аое2 in which we conducted 4na4 fights almost every night. For 6 and even 8 hours)
Diablo2 came into my life by accident. Single. With the filing of a friend. We periodically played over tcp/ip without knowing the guides and completely Obskoy pumping.
From what I remember, it's the other paladin was swinging in the singles 1ппл in the first act, up to 22 levels)))

Then came the Institute. And the first course, which I flew on a paid specifically for Diablo, because we went to see a friend play D2 at a time, and dragged the Persians on the diskettes. Remember these monstrous characters...))
Then had to undertake the study, then I discovered batlnet server in our regional grid. There is in my life the first time it happened soj from nm falena on in the 1st act)
Which Novosti turned to ik-set ))
There I learned about the first builds and how at least approximately it is necessary to swing the barbarian)))
Then I found out about MF and Sorka. Andi and MEF wounds.
Returning to soju, he was in my life and the last one)
Then a server bent on completely. And I was looking for alternatives. Came across Abaddon mod. Drove out for a year not very active. Here and there, and in the 11th year, it seems stumbled on PG.
Zaregalsya, and began to play. Both my account exist but password is not remember , and the administration is behaving like the administration...))
Then I played on ng no more than six months. Then the opportunity to play is gone.
Then a colleague raised at work a server. But we played there 2 cripples, and the more I am. Well, in the fall of the 18th I returned to PG.
Played. In January threw. In may came back to see if a reset.
Reset was not, but I'm back in the game. Though not so active already.

All told))

l
lait_one 18.10.19

It happened in 2000. Saw D2 in the hostel of the Institute. The guys raced in the single course in the classics, where there was only stones, it seemed to me interesting, but confusing, since before that I played in D1 and helper. However, I liked it their, it is not surprising now sounds, graphics and having 5 characters. Then so in the year 2005-2006 has already downloaded the Lod and played the single. Learned about AI in the year 2007-2008 and from specifically set down. Dragged wigs, gathered vultures, Infini, etc. until one time I fell sur with the Countess and I didn't buy any. That's when I sat down even more and grew to animasola and made 99 LVL that was 2012-2013. After reset, 2014 I captured the whirl of life, became less to play, learned of the existence of other servers, played on them because annoyed drop a mule and a lack of innovation. Sometimes people in the chat to see what breathing PG. Now sitting only on the forum. Maybe when it will be reset again burst for a while.
That's about it. Actually I want to say that D2 is for me the game is worth playing, if you have free time and desire to think (for more less comfortable game, not to collect builds of gracewood). For me D2 is identified with my youth, a carefree period in my life, so I play it from time to time. Nostalgia.

U
Uncle Fred 18.10.19

These puddles the lower basin of the Firka feet colds!

[
[_JENKA_] 18.10.19

jibicbiu
in the end consumed ))

[
[_JENKA_] 18.10.19

well, now it's my turn.
my friends and I mostly played games on plasticin ( mortal, etc.) . the computer I had. and here I got it in 2006 . Yes, Yes, so late. a friend advised to try D2. I tried and liked it. as I understand it then, I played the classics )) played a paladin, because I thought that nigger is cool. plus I'm a huge fan of the rapper Tupac )
so for the paladin , raskatannogo using ZIL + fire I reached act 3-4 normal, then began to pump Holy freeze . in total for about 2 hours I went to the chaos sanctuary and kill Diablo the first time in my life ! we went with a friend on the street - to smoke - to discuss this topic, and he told me the news - that there are 2 difficulty. and almost fell down then))
came home , turned on knightmare and I [censored] simple fallen )))
after a while he learned about the opportunity to play in the Internet. it was a PG. here we are together for the first time saw the maximum LVL in the game - LVL 48 assasino, she has come back to normal and got rid of the ticking _)

j
jibicbiu 18.10.19

[_JENKA_]
?