3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Lady of Mysteries 14.06.20 10:27 pm

The game hangs tightly (Pillars of Eternity)

After some time after the game (completely randomly, though minute, at least half an hour) the game hangs perfectly still (treated only by reboot), and the speakers crackled. And the thing is this:
- if you play on normal resolution (1920x1080, 60hz), without vertical sync, the game will crash faster than at the same resolution, but with a plane;
- if you play on the lower resolution, the game will go longer, but still will crash (the same applies to windowed mode).
Question: what is the problem and how to solve it?
5 Comments
Sort by:
N
Nikel2 14.06.20

Lady of Mysteries
I just a game or the whole computer may not have enough paging file and when the computer runs out of RAM can happen such problems may be overheating

L
Lady of Mysteries 14.06.20

Nikel2
Heck the whole computer. The paging file 8130 MB. Overheating seems to be gone too.
The same problem appeared in Fable 3, although a few months ago everything was fine. But games like Witcher 3 or DA:I is perfectly working.

N
Nikel2 14.06.20

Lady of Mysteries
The problem may be related to memory, you first need to check it is desirable memtest86+ ,I was like just during the game, randomly fell off the second channel of RAM,memtest passed through time, and vis firmly without any errors.As I later found out the memory was fine just percent suddenly stopped being friends with dual channel DDR2,I had to buy a motherboard with DDR3 until all the rules,and the old mother working perfectly with the same memory with a different processor.And even if the slats 2 of RAM try to remove one and look at what the game will be put to a different channel and see how it behaves

N
Nikel2 14.06.20

Lady of Mysteries
And at the expense of overheating,it is desirable to have some sort of program like HWInfo pomonitorit

L
Lady of Mysteries 14.06.20

Nikel2
Thank you very much!