3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
BogdanGrizzzly 15.06.20 04:55 pm

Please help me with m.2 ssd.

I want to find M. 2 SSD for your PC. And here I was faced with a completely new theme. When trying to understand how to connect SSD, I came across inconsistencies - namely, I can't understand what is the PCI-E 3.0x4, how he's connected to the motherboard and the M. 2 slot on it. In the specifications of the motherboard I actually could not really find something similar: only the specified Number of slots PCI-E x16, PCI-E x8, PCI-E x4 Quantity PCI-E x1 slot, and is it connected at all? Please don't scold much, I'm just trying to understand. I am interested in this topic. I would also like to make sure that the motherboard MSI GAMING B360 PLUS will fit an M. 2 SSD drive Samsung EVO Plus 970-namely, that the speed of read and write will be the one certified by the manufacturer. I beg you help me to understand this topic. Thanks in advance)
4 Comments
Sort by:
B
BogdanGrizzzly 15.06.20

And I forgot to write: if M. 2 SSD is connected to the special socket on the motherboard, then what is specified interfaces ( like PCI-E 3.0x4) or that any alternative connection?

G
Georgiy Timoshin 15.06.20

This is with of.site
1 x M. 2 slots (Key M)
Support up to PCIe 3.0 x4 and SATA 6Gb/s
Supports 2242/ 2260 /2280/ 22110 storage devices
Supports Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready2
You have a modern motherboard and SSD will go for it any

p
puumar 15.06.20

BogdanGrizzzly wrote:
only indicates the Number of PCI-E x16, PCI-E x8, PCI-E x4 Quantity PCI-E x1 slot, and is it connected at all?
Well, actually related to the old SSD connected via these connectors. And now there are special adapters that you can connect the SSD M2 connector in the PCI slots:
Spoiler
This is for the old Mat.boards which do not have a connector M2.
BogdanGrizzzly wrote:
what does the PCI-E 3.0x4
It means, interface which runs on the SSD. There are PCI-E 2.0 x4, PCI-E 3.0 x2.
PCI-E 3.0x4 for today the latest. The following needs to be PCI-E 4.0. With connectors it is not connected. )
Again it is written Supports 2242/ 2260 /2280/ 22110 may be it is not clear what the numbers are, it's the size of the SSD circuit Board for M2.
Spoiler
The optimal size of 2280, the characteristics of the SSD to the sizes specified.

B
BogdanGrizzzly 15.06.20

Thank you)