3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Dizelist 18.06.20 05:21 pm

The actual size of the card. (Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars)

Thought here about this idea: let's say there's a map on 8 places and 4 places, while playing noticed that the actual distance between players on that 8 that 4 places the same!
Question: has anyone actually done a comparison of the playing field,i.e. the 4-th place on the size of the field is the same as that on the 8-th places, then the meaning to play on these big map...
On the other hand: if the cards being here VERY large, but 2 seats to reach the enemy would actually be longer.
What do you think?
11 Comments
Sort by:
n
nonakukifu 18.06.20

Motorman
too bad that the game core 32 bit, I have in the skirmish very often a game falls out with an error "out of memory" when playing against 4 or more opponents and on the card is the fruit of dozens of units, I think the size of the card didn't do great from this, but not only, the fact that this is not the time, not the time tiberian sun and red alert2 , in part 3 the emphasis and strategy of being a Blizzard, and there are almost all the maps are symmetrical, that is, in the second part of c&c was a card with promiscuous places to respawn, then the third part is already all simultaneously, no one needs big size, in principle, why waste time on overcoming of empty area, and why this big empty area just to take up space in memory, and as I said the being is under Blizzard, tobish eSports, and there is unnecessary, on the contrary, the map needs to be smaller and without excess.
I myself do not like it myself because of the small variety of cards rarely play C&C3 , the Cup TS play there cards are good, and the editor of cool, himself a card made and in the editor 3 pieces and did not understand, there is some W..PA..

n
nonakukifu 18.06.20

Motorman
you can try to create in the editor a huge map (of course if you look in the editor), but most likely the editor will complain and warn about possible problems, but I think will work, and how much it would be to work steadily, it's really unknown.

more torrents roll custom packs of cards, there are a lot of them, more than 1000 pieces, but almost all stupid and small, but I chose 10 pieces of yourself for more, there's decently large.

D
Dizelist 18.06.20

DeLaKoren
the fact of the matter is that I'm not fumble in the map editor. The time will try to do a map - most will do :)
About the land of free - in the sense that different areas of ambush to do, outposts, REM. base...the aircraft that flew, not flied up and sat.

A custom map I rocked - they have something small for 8 places, and the size as for 2 - well Sanchez word...incomprehensible logic.

n
nonakukifu 18.06.20

Motorman
Yes, a small map, I agree, so the game is made, the relative size and area of location let's say from the early part of c&c is huge.
I when for TS editor created maps of a large size, I got a warning about the problems in the game, did the maximum size is 200x200, it is very much the biggest map in single 140х120, you can do more, but such a map I drew over a month.

D
Dizelist 18.06.20

DeLaKoren
can you throw a link to this map editor (or whatever to call it) , and if there is something you like to work in it.
I read somewhere that the max. size 255*255 (or 225*225).

n
nonakukifu 18.06.20

Motorman
you mean which editor, for 2 parts or Tiberium Wars?
Спойлерhttps://yadi.sk/d/9_myBL6omtbjA
but I have no idea whether it will consistently work, as for part 3 I create a card did not try, there are 2 files one for the original, and the second to complement the rage of Kane.

D
Dizelist 18.06.20

DeLaKoren
I'm talking about the editor for Tiberium Wars. Is there anything to make maps for this game.

n
nonakukifu 18.06.20

Motorman
I threw a link under the spoiler

D
Dizelist 18.06.20

DeLaKoren
rocked, thank you. I'll figure it out, sounds easy enough.

D
Dizelist 18.06.20

So all the same-what is the maximum card size to put in the editor?

and yet - why Editor requires a licensed game?

K
Kaylet 18.06.20

Motorman
I have the latest version of the game, even the pirates, and the editor is fine with her friends... and the size can put what you want... I always put in more, so it was more difficult to each other to get close, and more objects to put, and indeed I don't like maps where players from point blank range to each other are... in the standard cards do not play...