3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kado_Higa 19.06.20 09:01 pm

\"Modders, Listen Up!\" Programs and converters for teksturkami (Fallout 4)

Dear mododely )) please Help me with teksturkami. Photoshop and CrazyBump refuse to properly maintain teksturki and they(textures) in the game look pink evil ))
That's one of the models for the Project Military:

I hope for your support =)
15 Comments
Sort by:
Y
Yura Ismailov 19.06.20

what is the format of the texture and what settings do you save them? (screen)

g
gmh4589 19.06.20

XnVeiw, can convert, edit a bit and save images in 500+ formats. The texture can be done in Photoshop, save (preferably in PNG or PSD) and then open in XnVeiw, and save in the desired game format (in DDS). Download the app from the official website at this link: http://www.xnview.com/en/xnviewmp/
You can still put the DDS plugin for Photoshop, and then it will be possible directly from photoshop, save the texture in DDS.
And, by the way, the pink texture in the game seem not due to the fact that PS keeps not right, but because of the fact that the game cannot find the texture. Most likely you have not correctly specified the path to the texture.

K
Kado_Higa 19.06.20

Jura Ismailov

gmh4589
I am 100% sure that the path to the textures is correct, yet not new to building mods. ))
As for the link thank you

g
gmh4589 19.06.20

Kado_Higa
He, too, has long been doing fashion, save the textures in photoshop to DDS using the nVidia plugin, or convert with XnVeiw that (pink texture) appeared only once, and it turned out that I am one letter wrong in the path to the texture. Therefore, I advise you to recheck.
And, by the way, Skyrim understands not only the textures to DDS, it supports still PNG, TGA, JPEG, and maybe something else. About Fallout 4 not sure but most likely him as well. Try to save the texture in a different format, change the format in the file path and look at the result in the game.

Y
Yura Ismailov 19.06.20

Kado_Higa
try it in DXT5 but not in DXT1

m
merkury-1 19.06.20

Dear modders I have a question for you - is there a possibility in the game to change material properties? for example there is a mod for glass objects (Glass Craftable Stuffs) at home from this mod are just amazing! but unfortunately there is this fashion's huge negative - the walls and ceiling do not keep atmospheric phenomenon. ie if the rain on the street in rain, wind, radiation, plus everything else through the walls are all kinds of undesirable characters! I understand that the mod is likely not completed yet, so I wondered - is there any possibility of glass objects from this mod to give the properties of wood, metal or concrete..?

K
Kado_Higa 19.06.20

gmh4589
Thanks for the advice )
But the letters rechecked several times... I'll try in another format to save.

K
Kado_Higa 19.06.20

Jura Ismailov
DXT5 doesn't help either (

K
Kado_Higa 19.06.20

merkury-1
If you want to try to do this, but success is not guaranteed

g
gmh4589 19.06.20

Kado_Higa
Else can offer to try the same model with the same texture imported into another game on the same engine (Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Oblivion), perhaps it is due to some innovations in engine texture don't appears.

g
gmh4589 19.06.20

merkury-1
You need this material in the editor mods install conflicts. Only here editor for F4 yet(
You can try to change the version of the file in TESSnip, then edit it in Creation Kit for Skyrim, and change the version back.

m
merkury-1 19.06.20

gmh4589
thanks for the advice, but I'm far from that :) just very nice mod. has built a luxury pent house, but first went, the rain started as the three little pigs
Spoiler

K
Kado_Higa 19.06.20

gmh4589
In F3, FNV works perfectly. Don't even know why F4 does not work... will Have to re-model according to 3D editors to drive...

g
gmh4589 19.06.20

Kado_Higa
It's because of some new feature of the engine, most likely something new added to the NIF format models
But fashion models are already there, so this problem should be solved somehow

A
AlexAvP 19.06.20

Good day. Please tell me someone how to make your start menu( where the original is a demonstration workshop,power armor, etc.)