3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Left4LifebyLight-Layt 19.06.20 09:02 pm

Technical problems, part 5 (The Sims 3)

Here to discuss problems of a technical nature. Questions about gameplay ask in another topic!
Theproblem part1
forums.playground.ru/sims_3/561342/
Theproblem part2
forums.playground.ru/sims_3/575845/
Theproblem part3
forums.playground.ru/sims_3/597276/
Theproblem часть4
http://forums.playground.ru/sims_3/619272/

Recommendations for improving game performance
1) the lower the quality of textures and detail of the characters, the better;
2) Reflections in water and mirrors take away precious performance. You can even disable the reflection, so it will be better;
3) a Minimum of mods (those that with the expansion .package);
4) Post the stations in the city so that there is frequent accumulations of Sims in one place, to put away lots;
5) as little As possible to use the third speed. She's even on steep slow computers;
6) the smaller the family character, the easier it is to play. One person generally tale;
7) as little As possible to put bar counters, kiosks and other mutoten, which employ urban (PS);
8) If the town is overloaded with ornaments that can be deleted in Change mode of the town-remove anything that can;
9) the Game is a lot fresher going into towns that are built on small maps (Tiny, Small English) and middle (medium) size;
10) the Abundance of skyscrapers (not manually created high-rise buildings, namely high-rises, which appeared in the Bridgeport with the expansion pack Late Night) diminishes the performance of the game.

Information on errors

Dear simovody after game updates and/or install the add-on could cause the following problems:

-the inability to save the game (error message No. 16)

-disappearance of cities / families / characters / skills / attitudes etc.

All this is treated by vosstanovleniem previous save.
You should go to the folder with the save game: \My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves\MySave.sims3\ and find the file named MySave.sims3.legacy. This file is your unspoiled preserve. Move the files and folders MySave.sims3, MySave.sims3.bad and Mysave.sims3.backup folder with the save and rename the file MySave.sims3.legacy, removing the extension .legacy. Restart The Sims 3 or the expansion. Your saved game is now restored.

!Be careful. We strongly recommend to make a backup of the game data (saves) before any manipulation.
So. You have a powerful computer, but little RAM (1 to 1.5 GB)? The game crashes after half hour or an hour?
Read.
In addition to RAM and ROM have Windows provided such a thing as Virtual memory. It just did and kept the course of your game. Overflow virtual memory the game can just fly and fly with BSOD (blue screen of death).
How to fix?
Windows Vista: start - control Panel - System - advanced system settings - Advanced Tab - Performance - Settings - Advanced - Virtual memory - Change
watch скрин-pix.playground.ru/654963/15937/307624/
Windows XP: start - control Panel - Performance and maintenance - System - System Performance - Change

Please note that the source size must be equal to the amount of RAM multiplied by 1.5. Maximum size at least 2-4 more RAM.
Remember that 1 GB = 1024 MB
If when you start the game you are faced with messages like :

“Discovered emulation drives.”
or
“Verify that the installation of the game disc in the drive.”
or
“Failed to run a required security module.”

In this case, deactivate emulation\virtual drives and disable itself emulation program, then deactivate all programs that instalirate along with software for recording CDs (eg Alcohol 120%, CloneCD, CloneDVD, Nero Burning Rom, etc.) :

1. Open the start menu, then Run (if this button does not appear at the bottom of the screen at the level of the start menu, click on the task bar, right-click and select Properties in the window Properties of the taskbar and start menu click on the start Menu, select classic start menu, click on apply and OK.)

2. A window will appear in the programs to Run - enter msconfig and click OK this opens the system configuration utility window, click on the tab startup, a startup Items
find the unwanted programs and remove them with checkboxes (they usually have the same name as the programs for burning discs ElbyCheck.exe, NeroCheck.exe) in the lower part of the window click on Apply and Close, then click Reload.

3. After restarting again open the system configuration utility window, check the option “When you restart don't show this message or launch the system configuration.”

If the problem still remains, open My computer, check as indicated, all physical disks and disk drives, click start/Run (if this button does not appear at the bottom of the screen at the level of the start menu, click on the task bar, right-click and select Properties in the window Properties of the taskbar and start menu click on the start Menu, select classic start menu, click on apply and OK.), enter the command regedit and confirm with OK. Open the registry editor, in the left part of the window, open the folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices, right will appear the list of records at the bottom of all the entries, type \DosDevices\ marked, delete all entries \DosDevices\ which do not refer all physical disks and drives.
I had a problem installing the latest patch for The Sims 3, what do I do?

There are several causes for this problem:
You do not have Administrator rights on the computer right, or was installed incorrectly.
You have installed an unofficial complement or fashion
You have installed The Sims 3 in the directory other than the default installation path.

To resolve this problem, You will need:
To run the game with Administrator rights.
Just right click the icon that launches The Sims 3 and select Run... — in Windows XP, or Run as administrator in Windows Vista.
Remove all unofficial add-ons and fashion.
Then fully uninstall and reinstall the Sims 3. (A complete uninstall of the Sims 3 game from the computer)

Unfortunately, at the moment, this problem cannot be solved if You installed the Sims 3 in the directory other than the default installation path.
We recommend you completely remove the game from the computer, and then install it in the standard directory.
When you run the game it worksSims3Launcher has encountered a problem
The procedure for reinstalling the following:

0. Save (\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3) saves (\Saves) and the downloaded objects (\Downloads)
1. Remove the game through add/remove programs (to uninstall you can use Revo Uninstaller for 32-bit OSes — free, and then you can skip item 2 is the program will clean the registry)
2. cleaning the registry (you can use the free program CCleaner)
3. install the base game Sims 3;
4. update base game to latest version Sims3_1.12.70.006002_from_1.0.631.00002 (136.29 MB)
5. install the add-on adventure;
6. update additions Sims3_2.7.7.006002_from_2.0.86.002002 (38.65 MB)
7. installation directory Luxury;
8. update catalog Sims3_33.11.006001_from_3.0.38.004001 (22.27 MB).
At startup an error has occurred. More detailed information can be found in the log
1. make sure you have installed all programs from Disc the Sims 3 (base game) from the Support folder:
To start the game must be installed:
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 and above
Microsoft C++2005 Resdistributable
Windows Installer 3.1
DirectX 9.0 c
2. update the drivers on the PC (video, sound);
3. scan your system disk for errors
(left click on drive -> properties -> tools -> perform validation -> check all items -> Run... need to restart the comp).;
4. try to disable antivirus.
How to manually uninstall the Sims 3
If You have any problems with the game and to get rid of errors, You want to manually completely remove the game from the computer, use the following steps:
Create a backup of the game save in Windows XP:
1. Click start and select My documents.
2. Go to the folder Electronic Arts.
3. Then right-click the The Sims 3 folder and select Cut.
4. Right-click the mouse on the desktop and select Paste.
5. To restore your Sims 3 save after reinstalling the game, move this folder back into the Electronic Arts folder.
Create a backup of the game saves on Windows Vista:
1. Click start and select Documents.
2. Go to the folder Electronic Arts.
3. Then right-click the The Sims 3 folder and select Cut.
4. Right-click the mouse on the desktop and select Paste.
5. To restore your Sims 3 save after reinstalling the game, move this folder back into the Electronic Arts folder.
Delete game files (installed in the default folder):
1. Click start and select My computer.
2. Select Local disk (C.
3. Go to the Program Files folder.
4. Go to the folder Electronic Arts.
5. Then right click the folder The Sims 3 and select Delete.

Backup the registry:

1. Hold down the Windows key then press R (or click start > Run).
2. Type regedit (without the quotes) and click OK.
3. Click File, then Export ...
4. Select a location and file name - this will be Your backup registry files.
5. Click on the Save button.

Remove registry keys:

1. Expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder.
2. Expand the SOFTWARE folder.
3. Expand the folder Electronic Arts.
4. Expand the Sims folder.
5. Then right-click the Sims 3 folder and select Delete.
6. Collapse the folder Electronic Arts.
7. Expand the Sims folder.
8. Then right-click the Sims 3 folder and select Delete.
9. Collapse the folder Sims.
10. Expand the Microsoft folder.
11. Expand the Windows folder.
12. Expand the CurrentVersion folder.
13. Expand the Uninstall folder.
14. Delete the following folder if present:
• {C05D8CDB-417D-4335-A38C-A0659EDFD6B8}
15. Collapse the Microsoft folder.
16. Expand the Classes folder.
17. Delete the following folders if they exist:
• .Sims3
• .Sims3Pack
• Sims3
• Sims3Pack
Delete hidden files:
1. Click on the start button and click My computer.
2. Select Local disk (C.
3. Open the Program Files folder.
4. In the toolbar click tools, then folder options, then View. Select Show hidden files and folders. Click OK.
5. Open the InstallShield Installation Information folder.
6. Delete the following folder if present:
• {C05D8CDB-417D-4335-A38C-A0659EDFD6B8}

Now the Sims 3 completely removed from Your system.
..........................................................................................
Before the game,make sure that Your computer is of files that slow down the game.
In order to remove these unwanted files, perform the following steps to install the update:
If You are setting the object "Girl Doll Dressed" in the "Downloaded materials" in the run menu, please remove it.
To delete an object 0x038a68fe04da61a6aa65f939d77fbc37.package – go to DCBackup folder (C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCBackup) and remove it.
If this object is in the folder:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCBackup he can attach to the files that You load into the game. If You discovered this file and You have recently downloaded content in the launcher menu, then this content must be removed from the start menu and folders with downloadable content.
114 Comments
Sort by:
L
LK9T9akaSEKTOR 19.06.20

Such a problem: in the new game, chose the town of Sunlit tides, the city is loaded, but instead the city and the landscape there's just a blue blur, what to do with it?

L
Left4LifebyLight-Layt 19.06.20

Download other city and see the same situation or not. In any case it is better to reinstall your town, if you have installed it separately. But if the Repack where everything is shoved in a Repack failed.

V
VaNkeloff 19.06.20

The game runs perfectly, but when moving the camera lag. Tell me what's the problem? Iron is good.

M
MrSeven 19.06.20

How to put in the game the 1280x720 resolution through the config tried to enter but it resets to 1024x768 even if the attribute is read-only.

B
BLVCK BEVRD 19.06.20

at first, nothing slows down... but then after an hour or 1.5 of the game... seems like the cold... 3 seconds work and freezes for a minute( how to be?

L

SUMMERSET
A very common problem. Perhaps someone from Sims stuck.
Open the console (hold Shift and Ctrl and hold, then press C), the top window opens. In it, type ResetSim *, the asterisk must! All Sims will be reset.
If nothing helps, go to mode edit town and click home, check what is the name of the family of the city. If the name of a kind of nonsense instead of the normal name, change the name to normal).

B
BLVCK BEVRD 19.06.20

Left4LifebyLight[Abbreviated to just the light]
thank you very much;) SIM reset helped;)

R
RedGoggles_ 19.06.20

I have a long-standing problem with Sims, and I don't know what to do. With the newly downloaded torrent version of them could not be avoided.
First, at startup, the screen was black, and in its centre hung the ring download, which is converted in the mouse. After a minute of this hovering would pop up the message:
http://s07.radikal.ru/i180/1301/0f/5eb92d983bfc.png
It gets better.
The launcher successfully started, but did not installed the files, stopping the work of the same message. When he asked for updates, I did it, but the update to fail are unable.
When I tried then to open it or the game again, the computer answered me with the phrase: you Cannot start the Supplement. Install the base version of the game. Base the Sims 3 is in place in the folder with all the additions.
I'm getting angry and freaking out.
Thank you.

L

RedGoggles
Try completely carry the game. Remove it, then clean the registry. How to do it, you can easily find on the Internet. After that, it is advisable to get the torrent version from another person, they often write from whom a release. Disable antivirus and firewall, then just put the game. If that doesn't help, don't know. The idea is that the registry cleaning and the torrent from another user needs to make his case. And antivirusnik and firewall will not eat those files which can eat.
And one more thing: much easier to install version of the game with patches fresher than You previously was. Because if You try after the game, for example, 10 to install a version of the eighth, for example, it would be so fabriciusa.
And do not rush to install additional materials, especially of the PACKAGE format.

R
RedGoggles_ 19.06.20

Thanks, the advice helped me.
But not for long.
First, in the game, for some strange reason, there are no standard families. That is, there is no possibility to choose to play characters that already live in the city.
Secondly, the game crashes with the same s07.radikal.ru/i180/1301/0f/5eb92d983bfc.png after about half an hour of the game. The departure happened when I created the character. Light hang during boot clothing catalogs blamed on a large number of this clothing.
I guess the flights will continue during the game. This was already a Repack from the other person.
What to do now?

Q
Queen of Geass 19.06.20

RedGoggles_
Departures may be from the fact that the computer is low on RAM,now the game requires at least 6Gb of RAM if memory is less than required,the game will crash because of insufficient memory.

R
RedGoggles_ 19.06.20

Lady Deadpool
How to know balance of RAM, sorry for a stupid question?

Q
Queen of Geass 19.06.20

RedGoggles_
Include My computerthen system Properties in string Installed memory(RAM) and show the amount of RAM.

R
RedGoggles_ 19.06.20

Lady Deadpool
Like, set the memory more, however, the game crashes anyawy shamelessly. Usually, this happens in create a SIM.

L

RedGoggles_
Hmm..Check your computer for viruses at the game, unplug antivirusnik. Maybe it'll help.

R
RedGoggles_ 19.06.20

Clear. And how to disable AVG antivirus? Before that was Kaspersky, it is possible to cut down click the exit. This is so not roll.

L

RedGoggles
Polazte in the settings of virus scan. Button Exit is not the best option. Kaspersky I've climbed to the point Settings and removed the tick from Enable protection. As for Your virus scan don't know anything, alas.

R
RedGoggles_ 19.06.20

Disabling the antivirus settings: 404 Not Found.
It flies strictly in the moment when the character editor is loaded my big clothing catalog. Maybe it's the number of downloaded stuff?

D
Darth Aleks 19.06.20

Does anyone know the system requirements for the game at the moment? How many resources you need for all the extras and Store items at once?

L

RedGoggles_
Probably too many things (in this case, most likely, clothing) is set in the format .package. The less they the better. Game performance decreases dramatically if a lot of them.
Darth Aleks
Usually this information is not written. But I can tell you one thing: you need a LOT of RAM, graphics card more powerful, as powerful, and the processor is sickly. Because the game eats a lot of RAM. Look in my profile configuration. While I set the average level of quality, sometimes even low, have almost no package-add-ons and the game still manages to slow down.