3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kosolapyi1 18.10.19 01:41 pm

The political outcome of the war (spoilers) (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

How do you like the variety of endings in terms of policy ? To me, all three/four options was not satisfied, apparently the authors did from the category choose the lesser evil.
1) the Victory of the North led by Radovica. Before release I decided to support the North, and of the kings of Radovid - he was the only more or less adequate king. About the fate Henselta I couldn't know, but the second part of this mu**it pissed me off so that I'd sent him... Plus Radova remained anais. Immediately he was turned into a schizophrenic, though a good strategist. Under his rule I'm sure will be hell for friends of Geralt (Zoltan, tune, Triss, Yennefer etc). And not the fact that he does not unleash a new war.
2) the Victory of the North led Dextroy. This is the person I thought would be the most sensible choice, if not one but ... well, I could not donate Roche and Thaler, well, nothing. Moreover, Roche and Bianca had helped in the kaer Morhen.
3) Victory Nilfgaard headed Amhara. If you look from the point of view of stability, economy, law and order, it is likely that this is also a good option. And Temeria does not disappear from the world map. I am confident, under their leadership would be in order. But the point is that in previous games I have become attached to the North. Yes, and I would not want to in the world was unipolar politics Nilfgaard. And they would be 100% attacked Skellige, on Kovir, etc.
4) Victory Nilfgaard headed CRIS. Then CRIS gets to a place where, in principle, it is entitled to be. And most likely marry the General Voorhis, for the books he became the next Emperor. But I have this version not to his liking, because as I have already described, I did not want a unipolar world.
In the end, I passed the game 2 times, where in the first chose Radovid, and the second Engira. Well, was dissatisfied, and would have stayed in any of the other options )
It is not like that with the victory of the North, Emhyr dies, but this is my personal problem.
Which option you chose and why ? Is the content ?
18 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kiol20 18.10.19

Kosolapyi1
Nilfgaard very similar to the Roman Empire, and probably it will have the same mistakes. And should not think about unipolarity, it will be current in the area. Skellige and Saracennia still completely free, as well as a small Principality in the North. So I think Nelfy the best option and 3 are available. But who will rule Imgur or CRIS doesn't matter much.

S
StarKillerNazar92 18.10.19

Kosolapyi1
You answered your own question in the beginning), the authors made from the category choose the lesser evil
This is the world of Sapkowski, there are no absolutely correct solutions and a happy ending for all.
My suggestion was to give Dykstra North(Roshe of course it was a pity).

K
Kosolapyi1 18.10.19

Kiol20
With the victory of Ilfov, the seizure of Skellige, of Kovir and other countries a matter of time. Nelfi will have Novigrad, its economy and its Navy. There is the world on any will become unipolar. Even when CRIS I think the power will be in Amhara.

M
Maxonior 18.10.19

Kosolapyi1
I didn't have enough endings, believe it or not) I am for the plan of the Lodge of sorceresses. As for me, it is perfect.
CRIS goes to the Box, but the rights of a leader. Absolutely independent. Married Prince Tancred dynasty Disendow that the right of Kovir. Preferably without any coercion. Becoming a Queen. It brings together the entire North under the command of Kovir and creates an Empire of the North, Nilfgaard throws for Yaruha. Returns and revives Zintro. Enlists the help of the Jarl of Skellige, Bracelona, Mahakama and elves of Dollars Blatancy. Stop the persecution of nonhumans.
Thus creating a balance of forces on the continent.

The bed in the book wanted to implement this plan. And he would have succeeded most likely. If Geralt was some kind of bum on the fork are not planted in Rivia during a pogrom)

U
Uruz 18.10.19

Kosolapyi1
It depends on who you Skellige potentates did! I'm sure if you put a damsel in it and Amhara would have agreed. Wouldn't black still on Skellige attack, and so they are very large losses(be it a lesson for the future).
And Radovid in play full mood*K, it must be to blame in any case or he all the bad people will burn alive, and then just all objectionable. His paranoia. I chose to fill up Radovid,piled Dijkstra on Stelline put the young Queen Chose Jenifer(Oh how I was torn), CRIS became vedmochka, and black hastily piled up.
I think this is the best ending. Well, even you CRIS to put on the throne, but what to do. When the game was anything about the ending not watched and not read. So it's my only choice as I saw the situation.

K
Kosolapyi1 18.10.19

Uruz
With the resources of the North, in particular with a fleet of Novigrad, they would take Skellige.

U
Uruz 18.10.19

Kosolapyi1
And why should he. And what makes you think that there are a lot of resources(only Novigrad fleet in fact to help). Temeria essentially independent, United Skellige beloved Queen and with experienced fighters(the Navy again). He would not unleash a war. Themselves their Empire in something like unity kept( and it was there many against Amhara and smertushka wanted) and the war in the Empire were all tired.

K
Kosolapyi1 18.10.19

Uruz
Temeria not independent, because the vassal. Temeria will follow orders Amhara as another vassal Francesca Findabair at the time.
A resource of the same radius is so huge that no one dared to attack him. It is clear that Skellige sweet is not necessary.
And from the internal problems of Imgur disposed with a 100% guarantee. So no he did not argue. And Skellige on the Nilfgaard attack, even if to rule caris. Hjalmar about it he said that he's attacking nilsky ships. Amharu well, it does not have to like it.
The only thing that would have saved Skellige - vassalage.

U
Uruz 18.10.19

Kosolapyi1
You're a hard-nosed)) All you have described is possible, even very much, but a dozen(maybe a little earlier) years and not before. From war Empire tired, this was discussed in the game. Only one riot Emhyr stopped and now a new war? Yes, and 100% what you say, it's the world of the Witcher, there are no such things. There are always people against it! North poor, looted, unhappy, disease, monsters. If black immediately will press North and push them to a new war, do you think that is? He will not dig his grave, and the Empire. And Skellige on will temper your ardor to be the new Queen. But in 10 years, just maybe some of what you say. But that's another story.

K
Kosolapyi1 18.10.19

Uruz
So I wrote question time. Imgur not yet an old man can bear a couple of years. But all this would go.
And tired of it to tolerate the pirate attacks of the islanders.

n
nikolashenka 18.10.19

It would be better done as always : elves vs humans , and even with the war all the endings cheesy

c
creator of world 18.10.19

in my still or radovid or Dijkstra since liria and rivia, Dole blathanna, redania of aedirn and kaedven with small knyajestva become a land nilvaida with this power emhyr could capture the whole world and in terms of the economy, will be one of Boko but I am sure that in the future there is someone who wants to return to the land of the North but even that is not a fact but in terms of Canon Geralt and not stalbo to get into politics so everyone should rule radovid how would it not deplorable, it was in the books Geralt is quite good for this wouldn't leave svoyh friends that nilfgaard either barbaric or mad redania radowid will kill only non-humans and wizards(I know it's bad) and imgur all who will be he does not like so radovid

S
Sibirtius 18.10.19

After Toussant even Novigrad seems gloomy hole. Skellige so all trash. Passed all Amharu. Nilfgaard just have not made a mistake the Roman Empire did not touch Quinoa. Quinoa has died like a fool, not as a Martyr it will be easier to shift the cult. Now let the dragon kakahu pray.

M
MunchkiN 616 18.10.19

as PA I cool koncovka would be if the Witcher has sold all the loot I would hire an army of skellige narubi all the kings then have a ride all the jarls seligi. ciri postil to the throne, or he sat and witches made their maids then began to rule the planet would have done mutantov army and began to organize raids on the neighboring dimension of cyberpunk 2077 and steal everything from there and create interdimensional, intergalactic cyber Empire
how do you like the ending guys?

R
ReXSniper 18.10.19

MunchkiN 616
Riprap and me...)))

j
jigadloff 18.10.19

MunchkiN 616

N
Nikita Alekseich 24.12.20

I believe that whatever the ending, the north always has a chance. Even if the Nilfs capture Redania, will refugees from all over the north flee to where? That's right, in the still independent Kovir and Skellige. Kovir has a huge economic potential, since he did not fight with Nilfgaard, but traded, as well as the extraction of gold and other minerals. The only negative is the climate. According to many characters from books and games, Kovir is the northernmost kingdom that does not have the climate needed to grow crops. Consequently, because of this population there is not much, but refugees from at least Redania, Kaedwen, Temeria and Aedirn will greatly replenish the population of Kovir. Kovir, based on the large amount of gold, and the population, the following scenarios can be considered:
1) Having no other choice, he will increase the army and deliver a preemptive blow to Nilfgaard. Thus, and at the expense of wealth and the number of troops, as well as a narrow front, he will throw the Nilfs, according to the most pisimistic scenario, to the Pontar, and maybe even to the Yaruga, thereby creating a very strong Kovir Empire in the north.
2) Can sponsor wars, and secretly allocate huge funds to guerrilla movements for the purchase of all the necessary equipment, food, salaries for soldiers, etc. Thus, he will secretly liberate most of the northern kingdoms, and maybe all. This is also in the interests of Kovir, such thoughts entered the mind of the book Esterad Thyssen.
3) Adopts a strategy of total defense. He will call the troops, but will not attack first and thereby save resources as much as possible and break off the teeth of the Nilfgaardian cavalry and infantry armies, building a defensive line along the entire border (a kind of Kovir Maginot line). Having saved even more resources, he will start scenarios 1.
4) It will merge very stupidly, as it was with Temeria and Foltest, as well as with Radovid and Redania.

D
DavidKa228 25.12.20

It seems to me that given the future development of events, it would be more profitable to give the victory to the Nilfs. Since the world of the witcher has not been fully studied, there are many options for events, plus you can add here that if, as mentioned above, Kovir will be threatened, and so most likely it will be, as Kovir guesses, then they can sponsor the study of lands with aim to find more states, with the help of the Skellige fleet. And given the losses of Nilfgaard, he will not attack soon, so there will be time to explore the world. After finding the state (s), Kovir can establish communication with him, thereby ensuring a good relationship. But of course, it is not excluded that the state will be barbaric. In short, a double-edged sword, but in a good outcome, the war will end, and independent states will remain.