3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Anri Svetlyy 29.06.20 02:06 pm

Talk about religion (Medieval 2: Total War)

Today at the office. website, was published part 1 of the review, govoriaschaja about religion. Here is something I translated:

Even though there was a lot more faiths and denominations that could be included in Medivel 2 Total War, we decided on five: Catholicism, Orthodox Christianity, Islam, Paganism and Heresy. Two of the Christian faith and Islam represent the primary religions of the game, with Paganism, with its bursts coming to a gradual extinction in the Middle ages, and Heresy, which is not religion, as the total opposition a major organized religions. For this reason, Heresy is the enemy of all other religions in Medivel 2 Total War.

Well, it's basically so clear.

I read that the Pope will have a huge impact, much more than the Senate in Rome: Total War. And it will be possible to elect, and probably will be able to put his dad's puppet.

44 Comments
Sort by:
G
GrinBlat 29.06.20

Catholicism, Christianity - and in them there is a difference? In my opinion, Christianity is composed of three groups: Catholics, Protestants and Orthodox.

G
Griirf 29.06.20

By the way, I captured Rome and the Pope no longer on the sat!!!

G
Griirf 29.06.20

I myself am an atheist and I don't care what religion to play.

C
CepbIuBoJIK 29.06.20

And I hate religion... the Pope says: take the city even if it is in my plans unfold I... Here tomorrow I'm going to destroy the Pope, then it will be easier.

D
DEaD aka FURER 29.06.20

2CepbIuBoJIK
+1
Hate the Church, particularly the Vatican. Although I believe in God.

C
CepbIuBoJIK 29.06.20

DEaD aka FUDER +1
identity believe in God... I just hate how at the time it was used

G
Griirf 29.06.20

I said that in Rome, the Pope no longer sat, but he was!!!

v
viper_ku 29.06.20

Apparently, the presence of the Pope is provided by the gameplay. Although in the middle ages was a period when for 20-30 years dad do in Rome appeared just the kings of France closed them in Avignon that was at hand all the time. I'm interested in here is this question: How to influence the election of a Pope? And then with my curve localization did not understand.
If the Pope, cardinals choose a certain faction, it favors her? I didn't notice, something can not so did....

S
SpellBinder 29.06.20

That really a random process... it is Necessary that the relationship was improved (improved) to the awesome (perfect). How to do it? Grandmother give, trade rights or something. But no guarantees... Diplomats need to shake, to send back to friends struggling. I still did not go to affect the election.

v
viper_ku 29.06.20

The SpellBinder - thank you, have pokazalsya himself. A sugar daddy for the second time in a row choose of my cardinals (pumped, which is typical for the destruction of heretics). Now even 3 cardinals - my...

D
Delf2 29.06.20

It is actually not so difficult and confusing...

The elections are affected by several factors, the relationship with the previous Pope (indirectly), the amount of your Cardinals at the Meeting (the vote gives one point), and the choice is between three of the most "Divine".

B
B_holder 29.06.20

In principle, in order to promote their cardinal on the Pope to send his assassins to the cardinals that are above your rating divinity to find the enemy of the cardinal, just click on its face in the scroll of the rating of cardinals - the white square on the map will show his location. But you need to have very advanced killers to remove advanced cardinal. With the first 10 :) times may or may not work. The General principle is this - we cut all the cardinals who are above our list waiting for when dad dies, or to help him in this :). Just a question: why is all this necessary? And the Mongols knock at the door if you get involved in the promotion of his dad.

A
Armin 29.06.20

Religion in my opinion is not modified. It seems to me rather strange when at the absolute respect of the Pope of my nation inquisitors in 1 turn destroy 2 of my diplomats and the 1st General. Then my authority from the Pope (my) drops significantly.
Moreover, it is not very clear excommunication. There was a case on me (English) was attacked by the poles(allies). I gathered 2 huge armies and sent them to March on the traitors - however, after I peresel the border from the Pope received a message that I spent 3 moves to cease hostilities or I will be excommunicated from the Church. I, as a true Christian, dared to disobey the Pope (even for her), and lifted the blockade of the ports, removed from the boundaries of the army (which completely ate my more than modest budget). But the poles with the next turn attacked me. I, in full confidence that the vile traitors the Pope excommunicated wanted to attack the poles. Received a notice of excommunication from the Church. The poles were all OK. No one is excommunicated.
After that, I gave up on this religion and these churches. Was the truth worse than public order, but stopped tormenting inquisitors.
The history of the Inquisition resemble the children's game the wolves-rabbits. Is the Inquisitor to appear in my realm, like having to hide all the cities, so that accidents do not become a victim of the voracious inquisitors

V
Vyho 29.06.20

:) There is much unfinished... that's why on the main lines I have are well pumped killer that the population of all reduced to zero...

A
Armin 29.06.20

While the killer of a pimp, a victim of old age she will go to the other world. IMHO the PTB assassins was quicker and appeared with little experience.

V
Vyho 29.06.20

Swinging fairly well ( I agree that is worse than in RTW); really, for starters, the best trainer. My 100th move and look like inquisitors, I almost forgot... Plus the unwanted Dad cut all the time... Here's a good Venice turned out.

g
gor80 29.06.20

guys, what kind of thing is a crusade, it needs only a leader to participate?
and I the common soldiers enslaved the city - and all kind of crap dad wrote - that's canceled.

in General, for fun and for Dad to play with - gave you 5 pieces of investorov and you scratch Heretics to expose )))))

in General, there are less - I'm your Inquisition, denounced the Mongols, - all strange - they are by default, heretics, and by and large, as inquisitory dads can be in their camp.
they play well and did not know what that defect is .

E
ERHater 29.06.20

1)How to organize a crusade?When it will be announced, to bring the army in the open field, open scroll information about the army and look for the small button join crusade" or something like that. As soon as they become crusaders, you'll be able to hire directly in the army special units - the pilgrims, the lancers of the crusaders, etc. (penny units with the same characteristics), the speed of the army grows twice, but if you strongly deviate from the route, or split the army, you will begin mass desertion.
2)the Mongols professed the Nestorian branch of Christianity (though not all), so with the inquisitors it is possible. Although when I played for Russia in the Affairs of the Orthodox Church they did not climb. True by default, to play for Dad it is impossible, so the game with bugs is provided.

P
Pirate_89 29.06.20

Here also I Europe Obagi and my Dad was always sapecial inquisitia...
so I did and it intimidated has become my wassalam and no longer bachel...
I good thing did city rebuilt defended by the little taxes and they are on me... a HERETIC... and then all of Europe was populaties !!! I went into a revenge attack after the war, even all the Mongol yoke could not compete with my military might... the important thing is that Dad is no longer ignorant that as a Yes because of Rome constantly hung out killer and I had 5 cardinals and after each selection + was at least half

U
Ustinian 29.06.20

I dad moved to Cuba,let the Indians to Catholicism draws),and Rome took myself (played for Byzantium). Cuban dad)))))