3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Reverrius 12.07.20 08:46 pm

Impressions of the game (Desperados 3)

The topic of impressions of the game.
5 Comments
Sort by:
R
Reverrius 12.07.20

Took recently. What can I say?

The third part of the forgotten old school "cowboy" hit 2001. German Studio Mimimi Games, responsible for the successful "samurai" project Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun, did not invent "wheel", and used the working mechanics of his last project, honed and polished it to perfection. Meet Desperados III. The triumphant return of the series!

At the outset it should be noted that despite the Roman figure "III" in the title, the new Desperados is a prequel to the Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive. The story originates in his youth the protagonist of the series John Cooper, who together with the father tracks down a dangerous bandit named Frank, hiding in the "Devil's Canyon". Overall, the plot is made in the spirit of classic "cowboy" stories, where the intertwined themes of revenge, friendship and honour. The solution with the "prequel" played the game only benefit. Having missed this series in mind, I'd love to get to know the "backstory" of the main characters in Desperados III. A "get acquainted" do you have someone. Here and dark mercenary McCoy (who is a doctor/scientist part-time), and a charming adventuress Kate O'Hara, and the big one-"trapper" Hector... and Isabelle Moreau, wielding the magic of voodoo! Each character has their own distinctive abilities and weapons.

Desperados III is a mixture of stealth and tactics in real time. There are "active pause", allowing to plan the actions of player-controlled characters. And here we come to the main advantage of Desperados III. Is the gameplay. Exciting, changeable, fascinating. Last time I "force myself to break away from the gameplay" I had during the passage of the great Divinity: Original Sin 2. The second advantage Desperados III is a memorable location with a very clever design. Variety enough. Is the location of "towns" in which our heroes are not "touched" until they "put their nose where it doesn't belong", there are locations with dirt or sand, on which there are traces (which in turn have a significant impact on the tactical and "stellify" component of the game), there is a location where you always ride the train (with all the ensuing consequences)... Also, the player chooses to kill or stun (and then associate) enemies. Each location gives plenty of opportunities to use the abilities of our characters.

And Desperados III looks quite nice and sounds cool! Separately, you can praise the interface and everything is very convenient and simple. In General, it is difficult to find at least one significant drawback of the game. Except that the story could be not so "little cowboy" straight. And the game itself could be a little longer, at least for a few missions.

So, in the end? Desperados III is a real revival of the genre of stealth tactics, a great project in the setting of the "Wild West" and just one of the best games of 2020.

9/10

B
Boudika 25.10.20

While I haven't played, I've just installed and started.

The game starts, which is already - well.

The keys are tuned.

There is no way to create a character. That is, it is another quest, adventure, no matter how they are otherwise called. (Strategy! haha!)

Another walk with a pre-known outcome.

But - the possibility of saving at any moment - is a plus.

Wasteland is not on you.

I'm bored from the beginning. There is no sense of freedom. Freedom of action for the player.

On the amateur

s
santey88 24.12.20

Does anyone have a save?

s
sergverg72 30.12.20

Fine. In the old traditions!

J
Jama81 06.03.21

discard the save, I got lost when windows reinstalled