3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alecs1995 20.10.19 10:43 am

Ssd m.2

Good evening. I very much hope on your help. Bought today HP Pavilion 15-bc404ur SSD 120GB m.2 WD Green [WDS120G2G0B]. Removed the cover, found the laptop saw it. Then downloaded Acronis True Image to migrate system from HDD to ssd. Did everything according to the instructions in the BIOS made a priority on the ssd and all, when starting windows a black screen appears and a cursor and nothing else happens. If you switch in the BIOS the priority is on the old hard drive, then there is all the same.
Already all head broke, but to solve the problem and could not. Very hope for your help.
16 Comments
Sort by:
S
SS44 20.10.19

My years of experience of using progressive type of Akronis TrueImage\Norton GOST, etc. says that a 100% guarantee transfer system! And if you do not leave this Makar to solve the issue , it is necessary to solve the other. Namely, to put the program type fbackup\comodo backup and backup ALL you need. And then to put new Windows and need to restore all of the backups.
PS... And another SSD that you chose is very budget. I just recently did the same as you , but still picked up the plextor m2 and moved the Acronis system image without any problems)))
Though , probably , it is not a brand... That thought about their similar stories and I want to say that I system bekapy Hz. how many years and still do not have a working recipe always. Some randomness here is the same in all plays a role...

A
Alecs1995 20.10.19

SS44
Thanks for the reply. And then I can change this to another ssd? It seems there is a guarantee 14 days I can exchange the item or return the money.

R
Ryazancev 20.10.19

Alecs1995
Yes, most likely it is not in the SSD.
Right you Komrad wrote above.
A 100% method. Put Windows from scratch and fill in all the data that was.
I also did not ride transfer Windows in the year the error when copying issued.
And now also it is necessary to move the Windows SSD on M2. And figs it knows will be the lucky one?

W
WOR4UN 20.10.19

Automatic this only happens on Windows 10.

v
vitalik76 20.10.19

Alecs1995 wrote:
And then I can change this to another ssd? It seems there is a guarantee 14 days I can exchange the item or return the money.
You can only change the goods of improper quality. i.e. if you detect that the drive is faulty. Non-defective merchandise cannot be changed. Well, except for the good will of the seller. Some stores change. Try to barter at any price, I would not - your laptop will obviously wear out sooner than break the disc.

With bekapa laptop can be a problem - there is in fact disk probably not one, but several sections, and certainly there is a hidden partition. Not the fact that Akronis could all this be copied correctly. But it is not clear why the laptop does not boot, if you return the old drive in place. Everything is possible you did something wrong.

W
WanRoi 20.10.19

Alecs1995 wrote:
Thanks for the reply. And then I can change this to another ssd? It seems there is a guarantee 14 days I can exchange the item or return the money.
Need a good reason: the seller or maybe supervisor of stupid to refuse, due to the fact that the memory cell was subjected to operation. But you can drag the story periodically the BIOS does not see the thing. And this leads to the fact that the goods sent to the service center. Like 2 weeks or so.
In such a situation, to recommend, no idea. You either say the real reason of the exchange(in store) or resort to check for serviceability.

A
Alecs1995 20.10.19

The laptop to work somehow miraculously with the old drive. It turns out that together they do not work and a new ssd separately is not working, and the old hard earned without a new. Now I understand it will be difficult to return the ssd. It turns out I need to try to install a clean Windows on the old hard?

v
vitalik76 20.10.19

Why old what to put, if you have not washed? The program disk cloning overwrites the old to the new drive, and everything remains on the old (of course if in settings you have not set deletion of data from the old drive, but it is too bold and risky for the first time). You should at least check whether the SSD in principle. Just connect the second drive (but booting into the BIOS with it not put). It is advisable to check the disk for full computer, laptops are usually more complicated. If it turns out that the drive does not work even as a second (not bootable), then it will be a justified reason to communicate with the seller legally.

PS the Drive is detected in BIOS and disk running a different concept. It is necessary to load the Windows Explorer to this drive appeared and it was possible here and there to write files. Only in this case we can say that the drive works.

W
WanRoi 20.10.19

vitalik76 wrote:
PS the Drive is detected in BIOS and disk running a different concept.
So, Yes. Just if the BIOS sees the ssd connected and the OS does not see, then it is a driver problem.

v
vitalik76 20.10.19

If the author of the SSD connected as a conventional rigid disk on the SATA connector, then no special driver is not necessary. If Windows sees a normal hard disk and SSD need to see.

A
Alecs1995 20.10.19

All thanks for the help. Could not answer you all,was on a business trip,so couldn't check. It turns out that if you put in the BIOS to boot from the ssd( with the old hard also is inserted) that stupid black screen appears and the cursor. If you boot from the old hard drive( ssd inserted), the place download Windows download system restore. If you turn on the computer with just the hard drive(no ssd) all is loaded without problems. Now I have a question,what to do?

A
Alecs1995 20.10.19

Of course initially it was a mistake for such a cheap ssd, but have nothing to do,and therefore wants to finish off the ssd. Unfortunately there is no opportunity to test the ssd on another computer. So we really need your help.

v
vitalik76 20.10.19

Well, insert both drives, wait for recovery, and loading Windows, and then see Windows sees the SSD and if it works, I mean can the files to burn on-to wash? If it turns out that disk as a second working means by the drive all right. If the drive does not work even as a second, then, but to take it to the shop under warranty more advise nothing.

PS Judging by the fact that there is a black screen and cursor, it is normal for the disk to which the OS is installed. In the end, try it without boast, is stupid to take of and put Windows on the SSD from scratch, without migrating from your old drive. Download from Microsoft a bootable USB drive of Windows 10, copy image on a flash drive, boot from it and install Windows on the SSD (old hard drive it should be disabled). But all this only after making sure that the SSD itself is working as a second disk.

A
Alecs1995 20.10.19

vitalik76
Here is a joke and that after system restore, the laptop rebooted and repeated all over again. Tonight I will try to install on ssd Windows clean, see what happens.

v
vitalik76 20.10.19

It's weird. Then you first need to check myself SSD. It will have to connect its second disk to another computer. Other options to check I don't know.

A
Alecs1995 20.10.19

Guys, thanks for all the help. I still won in this war) Pulled hard, put in the ssd and wrote on her clean Windows. Then put a hard, formatted it, and it worked. Apparently when you transfer Windows to the ssd all the same where I went wrong here and get such problems, but now everything is fine. So once again thank you all for the help.