3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
GIBAY 15.07.20 10:20 pm

Whether to remove the plastic backplate?

Today I bought a hand GTX 960 in the computer for my wife.
Temperature a horse, but in the analysis I see that the thermal pads came out, I'll replace them.
Also on the card there is plastic to the touch backplate. Whether to clean it up? Can improve the temperature? Still plastic not metal
9 Comments
Sort by:
R
Ryazancev 15.07.20

GIBAY
To improve, but not much (and with metal not so clear). But it is better to change pads on brand. Not silicone with Ali. With Chinese even hotter than without them. Branded and are not humane.

G
GIBAY 15.07.20

Ryazancev
Going to take GP Gelid Extreme strip.
And now in furmark video card up to 80 degrees progrevaetsya clearly not the norm.

w
william1992 15.07.20

GIBAY
If you live under fiercely peak loads of 80 degrees, then it's not so bad

R
Ryazancev 15.07.20

GIBAY
If 960 second is one spinner on the aluminum bar. Even replacing the thermal paste on top of the thermal interface will not help.

G
GIBAY 15.07.20

Ryazancev
Version from Apple as the screen

Spoiler
Tomorrow I will try to play with the cooling curve in MSI AB, and the thermal pads buy a new one. Kraynyak will make downclock

R
Ryazancev 15.07.20

GIBAY
For this card 80 is the norm. 2 heat pipes only. Here is the test I looked and realized that for her all the rules. http://www.thg.ru/graphic/obzor_zotac_geforce_gtx_960_amp/
ASUS Strix true 20 degrees below :)

G
GIBAY 15.07.20

Ryazancev
Mega nasty temperature of course) Well, in which case take then something else for my wife, and she for so many years sitting on the insertions from Intel)
Thank you all for the answers :)

O
OkGo 25.10.20

GIBAY
Only if you were not given a card for nothing, it would be better to take something newer than gtx 960.
Not so long ago, the second-in-the-market was simply swamped: gtx1066, gtx1063, rx470/570 for 4gb for little money.

G
GIBAY 25.10.20

OkGo
I've been thinking about it. But she had a monitor with vGA, needed a map with DVI-I to plug the adapter, because the budget for the new monitor was not enough