3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
l
lookaway 20.10.19 10:47 am

Adding a third strap to the two existing RAM

I want to add the strap on 4 GB.

Poshukayte on the Internet, smoked forums, even asked here, but not found a clear answer - is it possible to add a third bar to the two existing and not losing dual channel mode (1 and 3 straps). Someone says that dual channel mode will be saved, someone that is not.
If dual-channel mode will cease to work, is there any sense in adding volume or makes things worse?
If dual-channel mode will remain, and the new strap will work in single channel, how will this affect system performance?
28 Comments
Sort by:
S
Shadowarm 20.10.19

Dual channel mode will not give you a tangible performance

l
lookaway 20.10.19

Shadowarm
someone wrote that to 30% gives

G
GG4 20.10.19

lookaway
If the motherboard only supports dual-channel mode, you need to put strap or 2 or 4 and nothing else. Now there are motherboards that support 3 channel, and 4. That is such a motherboard, you can put as many straps but not less than 2.

l
lookaway 20.10.19

GG4
dual channel(

A
An__ei 20.10.19

lookaway
The question is not entirely clear, it is clear that only need to increase the memory capacity . This is done so-if dual-channel motherboard with four memory slots already used one channel for example 4x2 ie 8 gigs and need 12, then inserted into a free slot the bar at 4 gig, you will need to fulfill the conditions -boards should be a single firm with the same parameters and the same year .If the Assembly is old, then one option, take for example the laptop and to the store where probyvat all the strips in a row, maybe something will fit.

l
lookaway 20.10.19

An__ei
the question is what mode will continue to operate the RAM. about the manufacturer, the timings and the frequency is clear

A
An__ei 20.10.19

It was 8 gigs will be 12 everywhere 12 shows that suit and the mode in which I'm not interested because the goal is reached.

l
lookaway 20.10.19

An__ei
from wiki:

The theoretical increase in memory bandwidth 2 times, tests[1] show that in practice the gain is about 5-10% in games, and from 20% to 70 % (chart[2]) in heavy graphics applications that use RAM and process graphics at high resolutions (Photoshop, CorelDRAW and other programs).

A
An__ei 20.10.19

lookaway
In practice, with 8 gb. the game and this says in black and white that memory is not enough, here or quality reduce or increase memory capacity .

l
lookaway 20.10.19

An__ei
turn on the swap file, will not throw out

C
Computer-MAN 20.10.19

lookaway
2-channel mode just saved, checked on personal experience. Gigabyte Ga-Z77-DS3H, Kingston hyperX was old 2012 adata 1600 and 1600 (4+4), worked in 1866, bought the Kingston HyperX Fury 1866, put the same timings. Two planks and worked in Dual.

A
An__ei 20.10.19

lookaway
Anything but the swap file, I have windows 10 eats disk With 64 gb is not enough. With 12 gb. operatic problem with the dumping is gone. Moved the paging file to drive D so the volume of the disc suddenly decreased by the amount of RAM set by default.

l
lookaway 20.10.19

Computer-MAN
Here I'm talking about. 2 people said the word dual about to go to sleep, you write, that will remain. Anyway, while I did not try, certainly not learn, it seems)

An__ei
With 64 GB is certainly not enough. I have 46 GB free on 150 From

L
Listoman 20.10.19

lookaway
Put a 3rd bar for the memory and will be odnokolernyh mode

C
Computer-MAN 20.10.19

lookaway
Now that iron, but there are more. There were two laths Crucial Ballistix Sport (4+4), speoial for you pulled from another computer Team Group 4Gb 1333, the default earned on 1333.
Spoiler
Spoiler

l
lookaway 20.10.19

Computer-MAN
thanks for a good example =)

t
tatunserg 20.10.19

I just do the trick...
there were 2 laths on 4GB 1333гц,but different firms - dual,worked without problems.
I bought 2 identical strips(NCP)-4GB 1600гц... Set of 4 trims - the computer restarts with an error every five minutes.
I removed the old strap, left new the same dual-channel mode: worked fine.
But when games start to shut down Windows with the error...
Removed 4th bar,old - went game.
In short, I began to twist, twist,and got this result: there are Three different trims for 4GB in this order: Hynix-1333,NCP-1600,NCP-1333. Running dual-channel mode for 1 and 3. The frequency was 1333.
Fig understand, and which is the same buggy. Maybe someone will be informative.

D
DirtyLol 20.10.19

don't know whether or not you know what 2ухканалка appreciable growth does not, I wouldn't worry and put

t
tatunserg 20.10.19

DirtyLol
checked: eyes can not see,but on the tests checked memory bandwidth: one channel ~15000, two channel ~23000 MB/s.
Now there are three different trims, 1 and 3 in dual channel, 2nd by itself, speed 19000

D
DirtyLol 20.10.19

tatun
when you run the tests in the benchmarks and measurements of fps in games, the difference in the games is from 3 to 7%. 2 Canali better manifests, for example, in rendering, archiving,