3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SteveY 15.07.20 10:56 pm

Question on diplomacy!!! (Medieval 2: Total War)

In short the situation is this, I play for the Holy Roman Empire on hard, OK so played only captured the rebel cities, developed virtually all of Europe have made alliances, trade agreements, and at one point,as they say rushed PI*Yes over bumps, first Veneza(which I had a Union and I never touched) is suddenly attacked me, of course I'm in but*ye armies in there, all in the North, well, I was there as I could pulled troops demolished several armies and conquered their capital, Venice, put an army there well actually forgot about them, they've just been knocking about in this city(I'm special then values are not betrayed), but with a difference moves 8 I was also betrayed Milan and Sicily, I of course again a*UEL barely strayed(from Milan stsuko armies were many, from such a strict*dulini did not expect) again, collecting all that was destroyed Sicily nah, Milan have almost all endured stayed there maybe 2. Then I thought, what's up with me for no reason trying to make. But I haven't had time to think about this as I was attacked by Britain and France(and it's not Milan and Sicily). So this war continues to this day with varying degrees of success. Well, and to top it I was attacked by Poland, Hungary, Russia. In short, at war with all with whom border. So here's the question - since I*BALSYA to FIGHT WITH EVERYONE. I through diplomacy, if it is possible to recover the unions????????, I tried everything - loot, give the territory - but nothing happens. You our mortal enemy and that's it!!!!(The main one I never touched). Give a detailed answer of plizzzzzzzz!!!!!!
11 Comments
Sort by:
S
SpecialHammer 15.07.20

Everyone already knows that diplomacy is a weak spot in the whole Total War series. As soon as the computer will capture all the rebels, will pay attention to its neighbors (and very often on the player :) ). So, when you start to play Medieval 2, immediately get ready to war with everyone :) .

A
Alex 77 15.07.20

The computer is not on player attacks and a neighbor with which it shares borders. I have a diplomat(played for the Spaniards) in the Milan area was standing and I saw them there together all with all the fighting and the territory was divided. Me here Spain declared war only the French, the Portuguese, the Moors yeah. The unions here will not help as the only powerful army and a buffer zone of rebel cities. And about diplomacy, so it vzhizni weak spot.

p
petja5 15.07.20

Diplomacy in life is not weakness. It's just a way to finish strong without war. If one is strong, another is weak, diplomacy is not needed: this is not a relationship of equals, a relationship of master and slave. :( So in my life, although much more complicated, but the basic principle is still the same.
But in MTW don't realize what the principle is valid... My faction is one of the strongest, and then on to Maine with the war climbs some trifle! Naturally gets the horns. Then climbs another with the same success. Of course sooner or later it will truly be a worthy enemy, which is likely you'll get the same, but it comes to me it is expensive. But the sense to climb the small, half dead factions on the strong power I don't understand...

B
Borat 15.07.20

100% agree with petja5. It's a blatant flaw in the AI (((. This is nonsense-when the weak faction, not even together-as I understand - and is fragmented and inconsistent attack on the giant. Nonsense.
petja5 you Mojito troops were far and those don't, like, noticed how awesome you are?)) Or all of them-were from 1 region and flooded at the same time?

p
petja5 15.07.20

No, different factions, each of its oblasti pearl. Yes, and they attacked simultaneously, and as if lined up. First one. As soon as I got the horns (lost shock army and the closest city to me) - climbs the other. Ogrebaet in the same technology. Then he climbs a third. In the end, someone out there of the real prisoedinimsa, but the behavior of the first three reminds me more of a kamikaze, the only difference is that kamikaze damage the enemy inflicted, and the city I almost gave.
With the troops already don't remember but I do remember that I didn't pass any city. :)

e
eDzeer 15.07.20

people! I tried lots of mods, but in the end left only one AI Ultimate - spec. mod for diplomacy. Without it, now do not think M2TW.Someone may not like it, as major wars are in the first 50-100 years and then all live more or less peacefully. But the unions and things now much more real and meaningful. And yet the computers form a sort of blocks France-Milan-Poland vs SRI AND I sobssno(Rus). And France signed an Alliance with Poland only after it was attacked by SRI at least some intelligence, however. =)

S
SLON78 15.07.20

eDzeer +1 this mod also. However right now, put the patch 1.2, the new Ultimate AI to put it is not understood. New mod by the way takes as much as 10 meters, I wonder what changes.

L
Letuchiy Royal 15.07.20

Che, too. I even tactics has developed. First saluces with all the unions, and then begins MIRV war with me. all countries are divided into two blocks, rarely disappears. and the heat is gone!!!

D
DenKuz 15.07.20

Well, what else to say to the author, all who betrayed you should not live. Destroy them all without mercy. This is the only way in your position... especially, well, come to a truce with someone thread. At you again the same faces attack, so to all friends and sorry not a solution... Destroy!

L
Letuchiy Royal 15.07.20

eDzeer cool mod. once I even did not understand why Spain so harshly lowered. One city, one village. And playing almost a different game. (imagine my surprise when the crossbowmen have forgotten how to shoot a canopy)))))

P
Podrik_Pein 15.07.20

SteveY
You can poison these States to each other. Gained one province from the one who is fighting with you. Take it and give this province the other, a neutral power.
Method of the buffer zone, so to speak. Often this is used if the war with this faction, I was tired.
Sometimes to help huge amounts of money. But once you're on hard, that makes all the difference. All will be with you to conduct military operations.