3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
ShepardME13 16.07.20 10:27 pm

The RAM problem (Grand Theft Auto 5)

At the beginning of the game uses 6-8GB of RAM(installed one strap 8GB), 40-50mins. begins to use only 1.5-3GB, appear terrible friezes. Turning the game and running the Manager, I see that the game is hanging in the background processes. Such nonsense happens in other games. What's the problem???
6 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 16.07.20

ShepardME13 wrote:
At the beginning of the game uses 6-8GB of RAM(installed one strap 8GB)...
What's the rest of RAM? - the profile contains the 16 GB.
Spoiler
One strap usually does not work in multichannel mode, which can reduce performance.
...40-50min. begins to use only 1.5-3GB, there are creepy friezes...
Possible RAM clogged up to the limit, then a portion of the data thrown off in the swap file on disk (if enabled). If the disk is slow (e.g., HDD), with him in the RAM data to sciatica will be much slower than inside the RAM. To better understand pomonitorit loading of the RAM during the game (e.g. MSI Afterburner) if it comes to the amount of installed - so be it.
...Such nonsense happens in other games...
For example? - if the game is new and graphite, can eat has more than 8 GB of RAM. If this happens in all games (even in some simple junk), possible problems:
* the RAM - check Memtest-Ohm, etc.
* with game software - install the latest version of DirectX, NET Framework, Visual C++.
* running - maybe not enough of some updates.

k
ksasha97 16.07.20

It could be a dying HDD, I, 7-8 years ago there were 2 laths on 2GB(not bad for that time), in the end, it was the same thing, freezes lags, despite the fact that used 1.5-2GB, in the end, it turned out that I began to die railway, and all the lag was because of him.

S
ShepardME13 16.07.20

ksasha97
That's what I fear the most...

S
ShepardME13 16.07.20

SonyK_2
Same level to remove had, she began to catch the blue screen. In the old games everything is OK, I wonder why, friezes begin only when the game dumped in background processes, what influences this??? It is only in the DMZ to terminate the process of this game manually and restart it so maybe the next 2-3 hours work fine.

k
ksasha97 16.07.20

ShepardME13
Maybe something with the paging file, MB lacks it, or for some reason he can not cope with the volume of information

S
SonyK_2 16.07.20

ShepardME13 wrote:
Same level to remove had, she began to catch the blue screen...
With the remaining strap sure everything is fine, tested?
...In the old games everything is OK, I wonder why, friezes begin only when the game dumped in background processes, what influences this?...
In the old games there is usually no large consumption of RAM and newer can easily use more than 8 GB may gradually clog the memory up to maximum, the result of hanging. Of course after completing the process the memory is cleared and you can play new until it is filled to the maximum. Not just advised pomonitorit consumption of RAM during the game - at most it was so, that after a long session of the game eats the more RAM and 9 GB of paging file on disk (it lacked RAM, most settings are set to maximum speed).
Spoiler