3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
o
omican 20.07.20 10:37 pm

Game freezes for 10-20 seconds.

At the moment it is Dungeon Siege 1 and Gothic 2, both the Russian version, Gothic and even license. Freezes the same way: during the game stop picture, after 8-10 seconds hangs and sound. Then everything comes back to normal for a few seconds and then hangs, the computer does not respond to anything until you droop. Such freezing has been observed before, I do not remember any games.

System:
NVidia NF4-A9A chipset
AMD 3000+ 1.8 GHz
NVidia GeForce 7600GT
Operatively 1Gb of memory.
Drivers for chipset and video card just put the newest, didn't help.

What could be the problem?
18 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kovik Stal aka Messi777 20.07.20

maybe RAM not enough? I have 2 gig - everything is OK.

o
omican 20.07.20

For DS1? ^ ^
No, of RAM enough remains vacant more than a half (for DS1), I look through task manager.
Oh, I forgot to say, OS - XP Pro.

R
RussianQuaker 20.07.20

omican
Maybe this: open your system unit and clean it from dust with a vacuum cleaner and a brush. I had the same garbage. Even Quake 1 Visla, although Quake 3 in normalem able computer finally flies O_O When I cleaned it, everything was OK :)

o
omican 20.07.20

O_o
To get. The dust was very small (by the standards sistemnika ;) ), but the computer to slow down it seems to have stopped! At least DS1 worked fine for about 5 minutes, but before 20 seconds, vis. I hope unresponsiveness does not resume, at least until the next dusting :)

Thank You, Rossinver! :)

o
omican 20.07.20

Alas, Gothic 2 again for this. Started later than usual, but just as dead :/

R
RussianQuaker 20.07.20

omican
When you clean the computer, then the most important thing is to clean the fans. As I understand it one of them is visible and sticks out the back, and the second is somewhere inside (whether for gestao, whether for vidyuhi). Here is one of them should be VERY GOOD again Khatyn ... subtract a brush and a vacuum cleaner. When the fan will start to revolve with high speed (creating the visual impression that it is not the fan, and the circle) while the vacuum (suction tube of the vacuum cleaner is put to the fan), then you can assume that you're more or less cleaned their valves. Most importantly, when you get to climb a brush, don't break anything :)

o
omican 20.07.20

All three coolers work freely, so I cleaned again. Unresponsiveness in progress :( remember, a percent is at the moment depend on 100% loaded - it shows the task manager.

Got any other ideas? :)

S
Shadow of the Dominion 20.07.20

Try to reduce settings, there is a memory overflow due to the fact that the world is underachieving loaded.

c
cLorox 20.07.20

overheating is, 100 percent minus 1, don't forget the thermal paste, and peregrevaetsya can not only percents and video card, screws, the Southbridge, memory....

v
vitaminich 20.07.20

Graphics card Hoover renew the wood.

A
Alon[inquisitor] 20.07.20

I have the same garbage was froze up only certain games too, Gothic 2 from Akela, the blitzkrieg and the couple more. So I solved the problem buying over 150 ruble of ventilator Titan hard and now everything is normal.

a
adrax 20.07.20

Either overheating... or the swapping... Disable the pagefile, all vacuum coolers

v
vitaminich 20.07.20

Yes, adrax right, turn off the paging file, and it is only for the graphical editors rushing and the system slows down

A
Alon[inquisitor] 20.07.20

yeah play Gothic 3 on the same gig without a swap I will look at you :)

A
A.Soldier of Light 20.07.20

Yes a pancake, well when they do sistemnik with automatic internal cleaning iron from dust? and then to disassemble, assemble... and not everyone can, not everyone is advanced like to do it yourself, right?

A
Alex Liquid 20.07.20

Wow back to the past, 2007...

Okay, maybe someone from the future will stumble on this crap:

TURN OFF THE COMPUTER
TAKE OUT THE RAM
INSERT THE RAM
RUN COMP

Can help.

Z
Zhenya Metelica 20.07.20

And you are right!! I came across)))