3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
O
Obrivus Denes 22.07.20 02:45 am

Mystical shutting down the computer during the game or...?

A week ago, faced with the inexplicable shutdown of the computer during Heroes of Might and Magic VII, the computer just passed out after a hour of play or less. It should say that before such shutdowns did not occur. Subsequent the passing game was successful.

And now, in the passing game Tyranny I have repeated this inexplicable shutdown of the computer. Launched in the new works. I want to note that brakes are not present.
My system: Intel Core i7, GTX 760 2GB, 8 Gb RAM.

The mystical color of these events adds the little caveat that in the first case with Heroes of Might and Magic VII, and Tyranny at the time the computer is turned off I pressed the buttons F5 and F6.

Anyone had something similar? Tell me, good people, what the hell could it be?
12 Comments
Sort by:
G
GG4 22.07.20

Obrivus Denes
Overheating of the CPU, what is there to think.

O
Obrivus Denes 22.07.20

And when it reaches what temperature the CPU usually shuts down the PC? In these games, at least in Tyranny, the more the graphics card heats up, judging by the Aida64 sensors.

-
---VENOM--- 22.07.20

GG4
Overheating CPU actually starts trottling, ie resets the CPU frequency to cool off, and only if this does not help - then it will shutdown the computer. So the logic must begin wild lags and freezes, if there is overheating of the processor. Not the fact that it overheated the CPU.
Obrivus Denes
Possible overheating and CPU, and video card, look at the website of the manufacturer's critical temperature and measure how much you have in games. It is also possible that the PSU starts to act up and if it runs out of power, the computer just turns off. In General, if possible, it is best to check, changing to another component and depends on whether the shutdown, because the computer a lot, and just say no one can, which in this case is fuzzy.

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 22.07.20

Obrivus Denes
Throw me. Actually, such actions are more typical for PD. Yes, CPU maybe, BUT it starts small, as noted, lowers the frequency. The operating temperature specified for the CPU in the spec, is it the maximum rate when working in nominal mode. Of course, can be more, but when it reaches 90, 95 degrees, begins to work protection. So if your processor gets to this temperature, and especially if you're not clocked and it keeps the factory figure, but it is usually around 70-75 degrees, the processor brushed aside.
The temperature for this card in the norm is 80 degrees.
In General, let load, and monitor all indicators. If it is not complete, then the problem might be in overheating of the Power supply Unit (PSU).
at the moment the computer is turned off I pressed the buttons F5 and F6 - responsible For what these keys? Why with them?

O
Obrivus Denes 22.07.20

VOVAN WOLF
Is key to quick save the game. Somewhere F5, where-F6.

M
MunchkiN 616 22.07.20

usually when it turns itself off the power supply and the fact that it involves

O
Obrivus Denes 22.07.20

If the power supply, then why not turn off computer during all other operations? Game it much load?

R
RPOCLABB 22.07.20

If after turning off,you can't turn on PC for 5-60 seconds,the case in BP,I had that when new PCs were taken,GTA V launch in 20 minutes, it cuts off in the end doflucan to such an extent that BP just burned from a voltage power supply of course passed to those at the center and returned to the grandmother,so was able to prove that BP is not producing the stated power[Instead of 450 issued 300W] Then bought a new PSU,the problem disappeared.

R
RPOCLABB 22.07.20

Obrivus Denes
Well, depending on other operations) N-R I have not turned off,so as when I played the CPU did not use the GPU in full,and when you consider that let's say you have auto fan speed,the speed is changed automatically depending on the CPU temperature,one can imagine the following picture:

Here you use the YouTube[He partially uses GPU] he sees that the temperature increases and sensitivity increases the speed of the cooler,okay BP pulls him short of power] and you think that everything is okay.
Now you run the game it requires more resources for the GPU->Allocated->Again heat,hence the fan speed increases and BP will allocate more W on the cooler,one day he realizes that is not able to allocate more as it will lead to the fact that it will burn. In the end, increase the temperature to increase. Reaches a critical level and the computer goes into emergency kaloidena,then for a short period of time, you not include how you would not have pressed the button power.

R
RPOCLABB 22.07.20

MunchkiN 616
Not the grip of power the PSU on the idea, he just faced it.

O
Obrivus Denes 22.07.20

RPOCLABB
If off next time, will try to check that what you're saying and include it immediately after the sudden shutdown.

K
KILLERVOVA674 16.12.21

I PLAYED THE GAME people playgroud and the computer turned off abruptly.After an hour of ishra, I tortured the dolls there