3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Voltraiser 22.07.20 10:08 pm

the game freezes (Doom (2016))

solved one problem (see cropped fullscreen) as a new: after some time (there about 10-15 minutes) on the different segments of the level the game freezes but the sound keeps going and only helps forced termination of process in task Manager, also when you turn the game goes a system message windows: video driver is the device has stopped responding - I rolled back, updated, removed, again updated the driver and nothing helped, in one subject wrote that it is necessary to disable punto switcher, but I don't disable nothing, run as administrator problems are also not solved. The geforce gtx 1060 dual 6g (formerly sapphire radeon hd6950 2gb and similar hangs were not) in the game settings exhibited Vulkan graphics API, Windows 7
PS in other games such as Shadow warrior 2, Quantum Breake, Atilla:Total war, Fallout 4, the Witcher 3 and other such problems with freezes and fails to work the video driver was not seen.
7 Comments
Sort by:
D
DarkTenshi666 22.07.20

Voltraiser

To help can not help , but I have exactly the same stuff on a Volcano was , and OpenGL was not , but on the Volcano but I have fps less playable , on the same OpenGL it was impossible to play =( (but freezes not was , except that he could occasionally hang out and all , but such a blatant hang-UPS was not), and while hangs on a Volcano in the game either operative was perestavali be used at all or were azalas but in General a little bit(a drop) , or even the processor was used at the very minimum , although my apparatus as a whole maintains the Volcano , so I don't know what the problem is.

d
danene 22.07.20

Voltraiser
Lower the clock frequency of GP in Afterburner step 50-30 MHz. Most likely the card with factory overclocking, and therefore falls off the driver. Still as a variant it is possible to raise the voltage to the GPU it will improve the stability and the driver will cease to fall off.

n
nestrbob 22.07.20

Voltraiser
Such unresponsiveness can be from overheating of the card.

V
Voltraiser 22.07.20

nestrbob
no, it's not overheating msi afterburner shows the temperature 65 degrees under load (temperature limit for gtx 1060 at the official site of the manufacturer 94 degrees )
during the freeze the system message windows with this text: Video driver has stopped responding and has recovered but after that the game is already out of the coiled form is not restored and it has to close through the task Manager

V
Voltraiser 22.07.20

danene
I'll try to do as you recommend with decreasing frequency, and then the question is: how many it is necessary to increase voltage on the GP, so nothing to burn on the video card?
P. S. found in the system tray active programs included thunder master utility from Gigabyte which shipped on the PC without my knowledge during the Express installation of the drivers from the disc, this program can automatic start overclocking without the user's knowledge during the game?

d
danene 22.07.20

Voltraiser
Nothing will burn, even if you want. Add at 5mv. I don't even know what utility there might be something that controls the turbo boost automatic overclocking. By the way I solved the problem raising the voltage to 31mv, without lowering frequency, even dispersed on 230Мгц on GP and 480 memory. Everything works stable.

V
Voltraiser 22.07.20

actually figured out what the problem was: the card was already factory overclocked +360 MHz from the GPU on top, during loading the video driver was tadawal due to the fact that energopodachi on the map was insufficient and at peak load the game freezes - increased in msi afterburner energopodachi to 4% and hangs are gone, but the temperatures under load increased to 6 degrees (previously, the limit was 66, was 72), but holding steady and further growth is not.