3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
andreygusev 23.07.20 10:49 pm

Are you an optimist, realist or a pessimist?

Here I am a realist and you?
82 Comments
Sort by:
w
warp 37 23.07.20

A pessimist.

M
Mr.Murchick 23.07.20

Realist

r
rPeBoJL 23.07.20

About me...unbalanced mental state... prone to aggressive inappropriate behavior...in a word...Bunting.

D
Dakota 23.07.20

Pessimist-nihilists.

B
Balda716 23.07.20

Are you an optimist, realist or a pessimist?

No, bro, I'm bold.

A
Aips95 23.07.20

Well, I do not believe that everything in the world is good, but it's not all bad. Apparently I'm a realist.

N
NightHawkreal 23.07.20

I'm a train driver. )

S
StrideForge 23.07.20

Realizimit

J
Just Stand 23.07.20

Heterosexual.

R
RussianQuaker 23.07.20

I kikinit!

N
NatanieLzZ 23.07.20

All-conquering optimism.
Spoiler FOR TOOOOO?! — under the arches of the throne room came the desperate cry of a man, already rolled the guards and displayed the door.
A court psychologist of king Tion of the Fourth frowned. During the week of his tenure, it was the fifth case. And, judging from the stories of old-timers, this incident was not isolated. Looks like it's time to get to work.
— Your Majesty, ' began the psychologist, turning to the king. - Don't you think that You are too cruel to the poor guy? After all, he didn't even do anything.
— He brought bad news, gloomily muttered the king. - For it to be executed.
— Since when is the news of the birth of the child, especially at one of the official wives, Your Majesty, is bad? - surprised the Advisor. - We must rejoice in the appearance of the heir!
Not at this fools, Countess Cotai! — still grimly muttered the king. — On the face-it is good, but they have in the family a solid mental disorder. Why should I dumb, or worse, the mad heir?
— Your Majesty, you exaggerate. Or... the psychologist thought for a moment. — Or are You a pessimist?
— Who?! — surprised the king. Is that an insult?!
No no no no! — hastened to justify the EA. Just all people are divided into two types. Some prefer to see in all only good things, such we call optimists. Others, opposing them, noticing only the bad — pessimists. Your Majesty, it seems, come in the second category. I was watching you. Any news, even the good, seems very bad. I was wondering why to give You the news charge has been sentenced.
And where do I see this good? with sudden interest asked the king. - Here, for example, a few weeks ago from the neighbors to us the dragon came and burned down several villages before he was hit. What's good about it?
Well, as the dragon flew from the neighbors, he was already tired. Is he in full force, with several villages would have ended. And the neighbors probably dragon something burnt, than at least to a small degree have weakened them.
Hmm... And if we are invaded by a wild army of orcs?
— A good reason to shake up a lazy army. Yes, and many exploits are sung by minstrels and sculptors, which again will increase the glory of the Kingdom.
— What if we fail? — asked the king.
— Then the army sucks. There is reason to think and try to correct the mistakes to prevent them in the future — cheerfully replied the Advisor.
— And if the orcs and even the capital burned?
— Build a new, even better! And that poke of houses without any plan, you can get lost.
— Hmm... — the king again reflected, casting a glance his court. — In Baron wood is a big wart on his nose. It is good for him?
— Very good! - said included gambling Counselor. — This makes it noticeable among other people.
I think it's ugly just makes it stand out in a bad light.
Is that the opinion of Your Majesty first came to him, says what distinguishes the good. This man You will not forget.
— Hmm... - the king again ran his eyes over the court. — But the count TUCANO wife is cheating.
Is good, he has a wife. In his life there is an island of stability.
— And the Duke of Piggy no wife, sarcastically tried to seize the initiative king.
— So he is free in soul and body. He has yet to come!
— Well, that General of the Royal Paladins only interested in boys, too, okay?
— Of course! For many young people seeking a mate, one competitor less.
— Enough! — suddenly barked the king, anticipating a defeat in this dispute. All the places you are looking for a good. But if, in his voice appeared gloomy notes. I'll have you executed for being rude, that's fine too?!
On the back of the psychologist ran chill, but he wasn't going.
Of course it is good! — as cheerfully and happily he replied. - First, the abolition of my position will save a lot of money that could be spent on more useful projects. And secondly, according to my faith, violent death is equivalent to martyrdom, so I will automatically go to heaven. Is it so bad?
— It's good! with a stunned look said the king, struck by a persuasive argument. — But... but ... how to learn this?
— Here, this is my post — hiding a sigh of relief, started the Advisor. — I have a lot of training techniques that will allow Your Majesty to change the Outlook on life Well, let's begin...
The court gradually dispersed, throwing on a new expert Advisor awesome views. Tion of the Fourth, nicknamed the Dark was a real disaster for his subjects, and if anyone can change him, that man must become the hero the whole Kingdom.

Ten years later.
The leader of the ferocious Eastern Orcs, the Horned Rodent solemnly walked through the Royal Palace towards the throne room. Who would have thought that everything goes like clockwork. His Horde, a week ago invaded this rich Kingdom, easily crushed the local army, just a day seized the capital and have now begun to plunder. The rich booty, of course, was in the Royal Palace. But Horned, considered by orcish standards, a very smart, decided that this is not enough. Now, if a local Governor, and even recognized all the neighbors. But for this former ruler, as it is there.... Tion of the Fourth, had to sign a renunciation in favor of the Rodent.
In the throne room was silent. All the courtiers fled their homes, trying to hide away their treasures from the greedy clutches of the invaders. And only the king with an air of indifference sitting on the steps before the throne and played chess with his Advisor.
— Tion Of The Fourth! — furiously shouted the Orc. — I crushed your pathetic army!
— I agree, not taking his eyes from the Board, said the king. Next time we will be smarter and pay more attention to this issue.
— I crushed your generals!!! - do not let the leader.
— Muggles. And was still called elite. It will be necessary to open a Military Academy.
— I broke the gates of the city!!!
— Be sure to execute contractors. Now I know where they are saved.
— Why to execute? Better to confiscate their property in favour of the Treasury, and themselves sent to correctional work, to repair the damage. At the same time the problem of cheap labor decide it's okay? - entered into a dialog counselor.
— It's just wonderful! - smiled the king, making a move. - By the way you Shah.
My soldiers took over the country! — angered by the fact that it ignored, growled Horny.
— It's good, I hope they have like.
— They will rape your wives!
— The next generation will be stronger and stronger.
I'll burn your house!
— At the same time get rid of this archaic architecture.
We will destroy your cities!
— That's the reason for the redevelopment of the capital.
— We'll take all your riches!
Gold corrupts the soul. We will develop spiritually.
— Take your throne!
— At rest, and the almost twenty years I can't properly relax.
We! We are!... — nervous leader, dumbfounded by such resistance. — Then we'll kill you!
— A good reason to canonize me, - still without raising his head, said the king. — Posterity will not forget my name.
And statues, Your Majesty! — enlisted Advisor. — Heroic statue of the deceased King! If anything, I know a couple of young and talented sculptors, they will do all that is necessary. You by the way mate.
— See, but this time I almost won.
— Your skill is escalating, Your Majesty. That's what it means to look at the world positively, without breaking the Board after a dozen defeats in a row.
Stunned Orc leader fell to his knees. Prior to that, he had met many rulers, crushed them. Some he openly despised, some respected, but such a terrible rebuff he had not met yet never. Despite the fact that the king agreed to all his demands, Horned somehow felt like a loser.
— You are a great shaman! hoarsely he said. I won, but lost! What have you done to me! How did you manage to beat me?!
— How? the king scratched his head.— Well, you better talk about this with my Advisor, he knows more than me.
— With pleasure, Your Majesty, happily jumped Advisor. — At the same time will study in detail the psychology of wild conquerors, and, going up to the Horned, began. Well, before I explain I would like still to know, what are the causes of your aggressiveness. Why so wild and proud people suddenly appeared from his seat and went to the great March?
We warriors are great — Horned choked replied, feeling like his mind is blinded by the darkness. - We have to be stronger than all!
— Like an inferiority complex, — exclaimed the Counselor. But nothing, I think that next week we'll deal with it.
Cattle were powerless. All his power and fury somewhere evaporated, and he, weak-willed slave in the Palace labyrinth, tangled obscure words, said walked close about his childhood, about family, about the lives of orcs.
And the king... the King quietly opened his diary, which has long been the advice of a psychologist, and, smiling, left him another message:
The population of the city increased significantly, and, it seems, I solved the problem with a set of the new army. It would be necessary to double the salary of his Adviser. All-conquering optimism combined with apathy is really a terrible force...

The End

W
Walter Benedict Sullivan 23.07.20

Realist

r
rPeBoJL 23.07.20

the protagonist

S
Self-Relliant 23.07.20

Realists don't exist. All illusorily

T
T.T.G 23.07.20