3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
Iduschiy po lezviyu 23.07.20 11:41 pm

A sharp drop in FPS in games.

Greetings,
There is the Asus k551l. Worked fine for 2 years. From time to time used it for games. In the last two months faced with the fact that the game is showing a sufficient number of FPS became after a certain time to slow down. Play itself and there is a reduction in performance several times. It is clear that the problem is overheating. Cleaning from dust, thermal paste, all that stuff. Disassembled the laptop, saw a minimal amount of dust-removed, removed the cooling system-I saw a minimal amount of thermal paste - removed, caused a new (thin (~0.5 mm) uniform layer. It did not help. After a certain amount of time depending on the game, fps drops. Checked the system for trolling through the software. Software loaded CPU, the temperature rose, but the drop frequency is not observed. Temperature of kernels in idle (HWMonitor) + -45C that much in games to 75C, the temperature of the video has similar results. What can you recommend?
5 Comments
Sort by:
i
inkernas 23.07.20

most likely the problem is in the OS or in drivers, try updating Windows to disable

l
linas9112 23.07.20

well, or buy a new laptop)xD

i
inkernas 23.07.20

if what I suggest to look at the laptop in the store becompact, there is a great choice

A
ArkisH122 23.07.20

Laptop just survived. The cooler doesn't cope, need a replacement most likely. The laptops themselves live from 3 to 5 years. Depending on the model. I changed 3 laptop for 6 years. Alas..

d
dmtcher 23.07.20

Running along the blade
The system BSOD with the complaint in the video didn't go? The ASUS in this line quite often the dump of the chip.