3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Lesha Petrenko 24.07.20 01:45 pm

HDD 2TB vs 3TB

Want to buy HDD drive to 3TB, but sedusa question what is the reliability of the life cycle of such a volume?
13 Comments
Sort by:
S
SPR1GGAN 24.07.20

Alex Petrenko
if in football they do not play and the case like a laptop to lug around ,it will last for ten years ,and there is little change .

L
Lesha Petrenko 24.07.20

Given that in games the performance of the SSD and the HDD is no different, and their volume is growing, I decided to purchase the HDD company Seagate, this would like to get advice if the difference of reliability from 2TB 3TB or are they both the same.

T
Timur Asailov 24.07.20

Alex Petrenko
Given that in games the performance of the SSD and the HDD is no different, and their volume is growing, I decided to purchase the HDD company Seagate, this would like to get advice if the difference of reliability from 2TB 3TB or are they both the same.

All right, directly in the game there is no difference, except the games with bad optimization, there may be a benefit from SSD, but here's an example to load the level you'll be much longer, not speaking at all about the system.

Now the hdd 2 or 3 TB are not new, and producers of the mass, the hybrid 4TB, use more than 3 years and everything is OK. When choosing a watch manufacturer, Seagate - get round, a lot of marriage....

s
seva34 24.07.20

Alex Petrenko
Look, questions, if you please, next time check what you write, and just I can't read such blogs and posts.
P. S. Just pisses me off.

-
- Rick Sk1mmer - 24.07.20

Alex Petrenko
if the difference of reliability from 2TB 3TB or are they both the same
Here it is necessary to look at how many pancakes are arranged in a winch, the more plates - so in theory the higher the chance that some of them will start to fail.

L
Len4ik00N 24.07.20

Alex Petrenko
especially for you and other people who are asking this same question, the manufacturers specify 2 parameters: the number of hours between failures and the number of cycles a complete rewrite (or something like that). Of course, this information is not 100% reliable, but the General idea about the lifespan of a particular model W/e to still possible.

M
Miodrag 24.07.20

Klingin
While pronounced the student in this thread is you

R
RikoChiko 24.07.20

I heard that Seagate 3TR quickly fail out. In other cases, you need to read ratings and reviews about specific models.

R
Ryazancev 24.07.20

Alex Petrenko
Not suggest the Seagate. They are strongly heated. I have a model ST3000DM001-9YN166 (Z1F187RB) 3 TB. Had a Winchester to put on a 120 mm cooler. The temperature rose above 60 degrees in the open case. If you just store data I recommend a Western Digital green. They are not heated.

S
SUSUL1 24.07.20

Alex Petrenko
The life cycle of a disk does not depend on the volume, since structurally, they all performed almost identically (in the sense that if the model in 250Gb and 3TB model, is that 3TB can be 3 plates on the spindle)
But manufacturers can produce reliable products, and terribly mess up.
For example I have never been let down WD, Samsung and Toshiba, but the wheels from Niigata flew as many as 3 times. But that doesn't mean they don't make crappy models, and the percentage of married someone else not been canceled

K
Klingin 24.07.20

SUSUL1
OO, someone knows found.

D
Duhorez 24.07.20

Alex Petrenko
Alexey Petrenko wrote:
Want to buy HDD drive to 3TB, but sedusa question what is the reliability of the life cycle of such a volume?
I have all hard Samsung !!! 3 years as 3 TB and 4 years as 2TB , 1.5 TB since 2009 and one twin 1.5 TB grunted through 3 years (electronics) !!! See my friend Sam ... and hard drives , in my experience , there were many (Personal and work) ... IBM with a mirror finish in 2002 was garbage , 2 hard for 2 months was strewed with them (without the right to recovery) , quantum 60 gig ... worked for 12 years with no fights (I hung up on him , according to the blueprint) , and see for yourself .... Everyone decides for himself !!!
PS: actually , the warranty on hard drives , manufacturers - 5 years of stable work ...

D
Duhorez 24.07.20

Alex Petrenko
And do you have hard drives and what their manufacturers , and many years of service hard ?