3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Mike Gens 24.07.20 09:51 pm

Create relief in Photoshop. Creating hybrid terrain (Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions)

I have previously written about how to create terrain, but only with the help of the program Paint.Net. But to create terrain using photoshop was an article from the Solaris project on the forum TASM2, but for many it was not clear. And so I decided to write my own. As you can see from the title, in this article I will consider not only create relief, but also a way of its hybridization with the original, so that is already in the game. Let's get started.

Part I

For a start, you should already be ready(or not ready, most importantly, to be able to use) skin. I, as example, took the texture from his skin Ghost Spider Concept #3(www.playground.ru/files/spider_man_shattered_dim.. Open it in Photoshop.

Srin textureimg.playground.ru/images/9/2/Tekstura.jpg width=780 height=415.69546120059 />

To work with the texture of we, for starters, will need to bleach it. Click above on Image > Correction > Desaturate. Or just prozhimaet on the keyboard Shift+Ctrl+U. Ready, our textures-present the dirt discolored. Then click above on Filter > Styling > Emboss.... See something like this:

Embossedimg.playground.ru/images/4/5/Tisnenie.jpg width=780 height=415.12445095168 />

Parameter Height, as written in the article Solaris, it is recommended to take up to 5. I only use five. But with the option Effect increasingly difficult. Its optimal value must be determined empirically. This option, as I understand it is responsible for the detail. That is, the larger this parameter is, the smaller particles will be displayed subsequently on the terrain. And it's not always good. For this texture will approach a value of 500, i.e. the maximum. The value of the parameter Angle what we need now is -90. Click OK. Now open the terrain file(if not already open). Go to the edited texture to suit and copy. I personally use for this command is Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C(Attention!!!it is the letters of the English alphabet, not Russian - not to be confused). Switch to the terrain and in the tab Channels that tab to the right of Layers click on Green and paste the previously copied. Should look something like this:

Relief 1img.playground.ru/images/8/4/Relef_1.jpg width=780 height=415.69546120059 />

Now back to our textures-present the dirt and cancel all the effects(Ctrl+Alt+Z). You can also close without saving and reopen. Now we have before our eyes should be discolored texture. Again prozhimaet Filter > Styling > Emboss.... This time we need another corner stamping. The parameters are basically the same, only Angle put 180. Click OK and copy the image. Again go on terrain and in channels select alpha 1 and paste the image there. And now I'm a little explain about the parameter Angle. So, the value of the angle to the green channel should always be -90, and for the alpha channel - 180. All terrain is ready, you can save it. The end of the first part.

Part II

In this part I will describe the creation of a hybrid landscape. For this we need only what we have done the terrain and standard terrain suit Ultimate Classic(as made suit was done based on it). Open both terrain. Relief Ultimate Classic suit looks like this:

Relief 2img.playground.ru/images/1/3/Relef_2.jpg width=780 height=414.55344070278 />

Now allocate and copy our relief on the original. Then select tool Magic eraser(click the right mouse button on the tool Eraser and select the desired). From the top, under the drop down menu find the option Tolerance, we have the value of 30, enter it and press Enter. Then click the eraser on any free areas of the texture and see some street magic mirror.

Relief 3img.playground.ru/images/5/5/Relef_3.jpg width=780 height=390 />

I intentionally brought the screenshot in the format Before/After". So it will be easier. It was only the main channel. it's time to work with an alpha channel. Copy it from our man-made terrain and pasted directly(without going to an alpha channel) in our hybrid terrain. Then again do the trick with the tool Magic eraser(just leave the Tolerance eraser 40) and see this:

Relief 4img.playground.ru/images/5/1/Relef_4.jpg width=780 height=415.69546120059 />

I would recommend to put a small blot, a small mistake in the bottom right corner as I actually did. Later I will explain. Now select and cut(Ctrl+A > Ctrl+X). Go to the alpha channel and paste previously cut. Now we handy blot, which I recommended earlier:

Relief 5img.playground.ru/images/5/1/Relef_5.jpg width=780 height=415.12445095168 />

After these steps we are left with an empty layer. We do not need, delete it and save. And all hybrid terrain ready.
33 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kapitan Rossiya 24.07.20

And can you show me how to do relief through the program, I was talking about?

M
Mike Gens 24.07.20

Captain Russia
I still did not understand it

M
Mike Gens 24.07.20

Captain Russia
The bad news is, the article will not be. This program can not work with channels and stores the image without the alpha channel, and it is needed for relief. Of course it is possible to make terrain, but in parallel, in photoshop paste it in the channels.

s
solaris8611 24.07.20

Mike Gens
what program is it?

M
Mike Gens 24.07.20

solaris project
ACDSee Pro 9

K
Kapitan Rossiya 24.07.20

Mike Gens
I Vot I tried using it a relief to do, but for games it is not suitable.

M
Mike Gens 24.07.20

Captain Russia
Now using photoshop to try, I'm kind of in detail painted all.

K
Kapitan Rossiya 24.07.20

Mike Gens
Ny posmotrim.

M
Mike Gens 24.07.20

Captain Russia
Anyway - no harm in trying

K
Kapitan Rossiya 24.07.20

Mike Gens
A what is your version of Photoshop?

M
Mike Gens 24.07.20

Captain Russia
Photoshop CS 6

K
Kapitan Rossiya 24.07.20

Mike Gens
Vmesto this:

I get this:

M
Mike Gens 24.07.20

Captain Russia
Quite acceptable, although I would increase the Effect

K
Kapitan Rossiya 24.07.20

Mike Gens
I'm talking about the channels: RGB y Mapa not orange, and purple; the color channels did to each other do not differ; channel alpha 1 white. What am I doing wrong?

M
Mike Gens 24.07.20

Captain Russia
In order for the relief was orange need to Red and Blue were white and black respectively.

K
Kapitan Rossiya 24.07.20

Mike Gens
Clear. I had to write about it or something to highlight.

M
Mike Gens 24.07.20

Captain Russia
I wrote about this, but in another topic. And in this to write just didn't think.

M
Mike Gens 24.07.20

Captain Russia
And I kind of wrote that the texture to which we apply the embossing effect will need to be copied into the green channel and the alpha channel of the terrain. And the standard of the relief the red and blue channel white and black, respectively.

K
Kapitan Rossiya 24.07.20

Mike Gens
A like delatь channels black and white?

M
Mike Gens 24.07.20

Captain Russia
Can copy colors from the original topography. And you can just delete the contents of the channel with subsequent filling.