3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Meceas 22.10.19 11:22 am

How to create a crack?

Recently installed the game Legacy of Kain: Revive. But it's in English, and because it is fan-made, it is likely not a development company so I decided to make my own but ran into some problems. In the folder with the game, in addition .exe file has only 3 files .dll. When opening any program (I tried to open with Restorator, Resource Hacker and Resource Tuner) displays only the version information. In .exe file it contains only the icon and something that resembles code. All. No pictures, code and other gaming resources. How do I in this case to make Russification, and are there any other programs for this? Or am I just doing it wrong.
Content .exe file
5 Comments
Sort by:
R
Rolemanser 22.10.19

Meceas
DLL is a library which is unlikely to be a text game. In EXE can be text, but open it need a Hex editor.

M
Meceas 22.10.19

Rolemanser
From the text I managed to find only This program cannot be run in DOS mode
At the end of the file too, there was something, but it's rather like a code.

A
Antisocial 22.10.19

Game text with a high probability is in the executable. And, in all probability it is not in plain test, and in the form of some tiles, so from any online hackers use will be exactly zero. The game is created with the Scrolling Game Development Kit 2. download this thing and try to play with it (although I doubt that it will open the finished executable). Well, or try as an option any tile editors, can then be released. Good luck.

M
Meceas 22.10.19

Antisocial
I downloaded several tile editors, but they are designed primarily for romhacking, and work with the corresponding formats (when you try to open .exe file just appear a chaotic set of pixels). I read that this (romhacking) and why you need it(for a better understanding of the situation). In principle, this is exactly what I need, but the problem was that romhacking implies a change in the resources of console games, mostly old. Despite the similarity of these games and the one that I want to transfer, due to the difference of formats are silovymi editors failed. But thanks to this I understand, what programs I need to look for. Now downloaded one program, through which I was able to extract resources from the game. Left to change the font for Russian letters and using HEX editor to replace the letters in the appropriate Russian.

A
Antisocial 22.10.19

Meceas
I'm glad it all worked out. In most cases, create crack is not as easy as it seems at first glance.