3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Q
QL7 24.07.20 10:18 pm

If you do not connect the 12V 4-pin... what will happen ?

Oh, here's the answer...
If you do not connect the 12v 4-pin (http://www.3dnews.ru/documents/10821/05_4pin.jpg)
As I understand CPU power...
The computer turns on (fans are spinning) but the screen image would not be ?
The computer will not work ?

Check there is no possibility of dispute...:)
16 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sergey Travkin 24.07.20

on different mothers in different ways, if not included, you can buy an adapter.

S
SUSUL1 24.07.20

Yesterday went through the computer on the subject of dust, I thought something was off about 10 minutes poking different contacts until I noticed that 4пин processor did not podsoedenit. I just haven't started the BIOS, turned the fans, burned light bulbs, and the motherboard not started

O
Overclock[er] 24.07.20

QL7

Without this 4-pin connector the computer does not startanet...this cable is responsible for power delivery to the CPU.

-
-SK.art- 24.07.20

QL7
The computer will not work ?

Will not. Obviously.

S
Sergey Travkin 24.07.20

Without this 4-pin connector the computer does not startanet...this cable is responsible for power delivery to the CPU.
Will not. Obviously.

I have 2 computers worked fine without connecting this connector, so I would in your place so emphatically claimed.

r
requiemmm 24.07.20

For some older nurse this connector is the same old PERC only works from 5V. And the other nurse theparallel this connector with the corresponding contacts great contact, but because it can and stick. So everything individually.

S
SUSUL1 24.07.20

must add that the processor is the processor different. Who and 30 watts is a lot to be desired for whom and 115 at the time

F
Filis 24.07.20

On my old comp didn't start the BIOS without connecting this connector, the valves cool. On the Mat. motherboard ASUS M2N.

N
NikeSoft_RUS 24.07.20

I also have a question on this topic.
Wide sticker,it seems the 24-pin is stuck in the motherboard,and next to him,as if continuing it stuck little sekerak 4 pins.
Attention,question: what for to a goat a Bayan or what this sekerak???That with it that without it - I see no difference.

J
Joy McNally [Vernite Game 24.07.20

CPU power will not do and its cooler too

..I have 2 computers worked fine without connecting this connector....

=)))))))))

2NikeSoft with the advent of Mat boards with pci-e there are new ATX 2.0 units. they required the presence of 24(20+4 - added extra food 5красн , 3.3 V orange and 12желт in) pin connector to the motherboard , and ATX 1.3 for example is only 20 steric connector.

T
Threat to Society 24.07.20

Say what was on my Gigabyte matteri of the year 2008-9. The computer turns on, coolers working, but not loaded, Yes.

And then I look here a guess. I say it was.

N
NikeSoft_RUS 24.07.20

Joy McNally
I have a Gigabyte G41M-Combo,she has the most 20+4,and if not to stick this with a 4 next to the 20 pin (they are stuck together in ONE connector),then nothing CHANGES,so all the same why goat accordion?

J

essno, nothing changes. 20 without 4 on the motherboard too, all starts. it's just for reassurance made... for example , for those cases in which the author inserts 2 8600gt that are not equipped with additional power. or just when a lot of the extension cards is

just trajnosti was - on the motherboard with a 20 pin connector when attaching the pile of cards of the extension and even with overclocking some contacts in 20штыр connector burnt out. that's why I added the extra food.

O
Overclock[er] 24.07.20

I got on the Mat.Board connector to power the CPU 8pin, 4pin screw - all works stable.

p.s :D

J

need all 8 to be connected, otherwise half of the phase processor is idle, and the other half carries twice the load. When overclocking it is unacceptable (although I don't remember exactly have to look scheme)
+ 4пин connector to the CPU during heavy acceleration can burn out

D
Daniil Shapkin 24.07.20

forgot to plug this 4пин cable and the computer started and worked, but often blue screen of death would pop out... not that very often and say more than usual. apparently the CPU is more or less enough food on the main line...