3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MadBadCat 25.07.20 09:04 pm

Modding (Sid Meier's Civilization 6)

All the best!

Came across a small pile (for me) small drawbacks in the original game, and therefore would like to create own mod for Civilization 6.
The mod will be similar to Realism Mode for the fifth part (i.e., a small change in game mechanics, capabilities of units and balance)

The thread created here for what: do you already have the software to create mods for the sixth part? (the fifth was for the SDK)

And now, actually I want to implement a (little whether, there are those who will support me and willing to help):
- workers - ability to build roads
ambulanceroid AI (more diplomacy, normal factors, and relationships)
- the normal balance of the barbarians
- advanced settings when starting a new game + save settings
- extended relations with city-States
new ideas (27.10)
- a new branch of upgrades for units
- the ability to rebuild the regions

Dug up on the Internet (24.10)

1) There are several threads on Steam about SDK (also no).Also, there is information from one of the Firaxis developers Dennis Shirk (Dennis Shirk) that the SDK will be released, but, unfortunately, after release. He also said that the SDK for the sixth part will be the same as for the fifth. If anyone needs a link to the source - write to the PM.
2) XML and Lua files have no compression and are open to change (for example some are at [ papkasseshow \base\ assets\ gameplay\ data]), this means that the game will be a huge opportunity to create their models.

Dug up on the Internet (27.10)

In the new future patch promising to add the ability to rename cities, the lack of this feature in the release is recognized as a bug.
10 Comments
Sort by:
D
Denis Zinin 25.07.20

I'd love to see a game editor (Ingame Editor) as in the 5th part of Beyond Earth, well, mod the map with the correct location of Nations on it, this is the most needed in my opinion

M
MadBadCat 25.07.20

Denis Zinin
The map of the Earth - this is not a mod, but a new map (as in Civ5). Here is a link to the topic on a large earth map on civfanatics (space clean):
forums.civfanatics. com/threads/huge-earth-map.601209

I think that once something can be done, the topic will be immediately messages. But on the editor is already a mod (add-on game), and it's already working on civfanatics also have a theme (he was looking for, I can see)

D
Denis Zinin 25.07.20

MadBadCat
Thanks for the info I know now, good luck to you !

C
ColonelJason 25.07.20

The first thing need a mod that will change the bastard fog of war on a normal blackout card. However, all the items specified by the author of the topic is correct and important.

D
DrAgon_steel 25.07.20

- How would another railroad to add, so they let an engineer build. By the way - I did not notice that the units use roads - Prut directly.
In aircraft carriers, more planes, for example 6 regular or 3 jet. Or, in the new era increases their capacity.
- bonus for the secondary attack - 5 that was awesome. In General, the branch of pumping units - dull.
- fog - it yeah, that's something.
- ability to demolish areas.
- ability in the new era to treat empty cells (tundra, desert, sea).

This is in addition to the author's list will be very useful.
About the graphic changes not mentioned here, though, damn - want T-34 in Russian and tiger from the Germans.)))

M
MadBadCat 25.07.20

DrAgon_steel
Will wait for the beginning of the SDK. Anyway, the cap threads I've written their notes, as if to say, ie is likely to be something changed.
But if my thoughts are interesting: I think in General the roads themselves should improve with the development of science, but because of the meaning of the Railways I do not see much (except for the visual component).
As for the system of improvements of units - fully agree, need to change, because the meaning is lost, swing of units. In the 5th part was not necessarily to push the number, it was possible with the help of pumped units intelligently to fight.
About handling empty cells I agree, but the tundra you need to put a non-farm (still there was nothing growing in my life). About the sea - you need to figure out what you can build on the cells with the coast, for example.
Demolish areas is necessary to add.

That's something I will add to the cap threads, to save the outline to create a mod. And while news about the SDK is not present, alas(

D
DrAgon_steel 25.07.20

Well, nothing - wait.
I mean the tundra had in mind - though the forest to plant. Terraformation, like the one in the last era. Well and the fish farms there to enable, in General, if a branch of science little to lengthen, it is possible to diversify the game. and the fact that something is not right.
Wait, civilization is not a game 1-2 days)))

G
Giermo 25.07.20

Anyone got that working build a little:
xxx\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Gameplay\Data\Units.xml
UNIT_BUILDER option BuildCharges=3 default put instead of three 99 and forward. Long enough.
In the same file, look for the artillery, machine gun, infantry gun, ballista, etc. according to the description hit on 2 cells, but in fact 1, the Range parameter=2 . The military engineer the change doesn't work, where else written.

G
Giermo 25.07.20

The nexus has a mod for road construction workers. There are 2 bug, there is no construction in antiquity(need to finish) and have to start a new game.

K
Kirlusha 25.07.20

MadBadCat
Well, would add battle units command to Stand on duty, well, that unit would Wake up when enemy in sight. Sooooo necessary!

And the button aggressive barbarians also would be nice. I usually train troops. (Put a few units near the camp and wait for them to appear)