3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Deathspell Omega 25.07.20 10:21 pm

The title of the armed forces of the Alliance (Mass Effect 3)

ENLISTED PERSONNEL
Ordinary seaman / Ordinary•
Sailor / Corporal•
Senior seaman / Corporal•
SERGEANTS
Sergeant•
Sergeant•
Sergeant•
OFFICERS
Lieutenant•
Lieutenant•
Senior Lieutenant•
Captain 3rd rank / Major•
Captain 2nd rank / Colonel•
Captain 1-St rank / Colonel•
Rear Admiral / General•
Admiral•
Admiral of the fleet•

what is the title of the shepherd? after all, it should be at least above what Kaidan (major)

(source - manual ме1)
49 Comments
Sort by:
B
Barzee 25.07.20

Shepard is a Lieutenant commander (lieutenant-commander), which corresponds to the major.

D
Deathspell Omega 25.07.20

as Shepard can be a Lieutenant commander as Ashley and the major, when cayden too major, but not Lieutenant

l
le_Sab 25.07.20

All these translation problems ;)

Original http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Systems_Alliance_Military_Ranks#Systems_Alliance:_Military_Ranks

RENLISTED (sailors/Marines)

Serviceman 3rd Class/Private 2nd Class
Serviceman 2nd Class/Private 1st Class
Serviceman 1st Class/Corporal

NCOs (non-commissioned officers) - the unterofitser (sergeants)
Service Chief
Gunnery Chief
Operations Chief

OFFICERS (officers)
2nd Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Staff Lieutenant
Lieutenant Commander (Shepard's and Ashley's rank)
Staff Commander
Captain/Major (Kaiden's rank)
Rear Admiral/General
Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Captain/Major (Kaiden's rank)

Сарtain - Starfleet rank
Major - Marines
Both titles belong to the same rank - captain/Colonel

Cayden is called major, but the title it corresponds to the Colonel. His rank is higher than that of the shepherd - because he grew up in the service of the two years while Shepard was resurrected. But the special value it has, both spectra, i.e., out of the ranks ;)

This system ranks originates from the Royal Navy (Royal Navi), the Russian close to that of Germany (rather, Peter the First, the Germans and Dutch took ;) ). The same names in these systems do not mean the coincidence of real rank.

b
brazilium 25.07.20

le_Sab
The confusion is that Shepard was a marine. He's not Starfleet. I don't know how the writers made so many mistakes. Ashley is also not naval, in МЕ1 she was in non-commissioned ranks. In МЕ1 she is Gunnery Chief, and in ME2, Operations Chief, in the M3 - Lieutenant Commander.
One shepherd in the ranks is not growing, but a growing level of responsibilities. Is just as great. instead of having to command his unit runs at the Beck and call of a Junior officer (shepherd), although he was already a senior officer with your own unit. All the rules of the title of shepherd is classified, he is the officer on special instructions of fleet command. Therefore he is called the Commander, this is not a classic military rank and special rank. When Anderson was in command of the Normandy, he was a captain (a Colonel), and when Shepard became captain of the Normandy and remained a Commander. Because of this Commander can hide any title.

b
braynson000 25.07.20

so it is quite possible that our shepherd General...always knew it!!!))

l
le_Sab 25.07.20

In the list of ranks of the Alliance through / going the title Marines. if not, then the title match. There are two is a title and position (captain). Anderson was a captain in rank and position. In the Russian Navy he was captain of the first rank in rank, and the captain of the Normandy in the post - by the way, his rank is too high to command a frigate, albeit fancy ;). Shepard on the post of captain of the Normandy, and the title, Lieutenant-commander. When accessed, the word Lieutenant is dropped, is quite often practiced by the younger lieutenants called lieutenants, etc. In the first part of alenco call him Lieutenant, although the title was the second Lieutenant, in English sounds even more horrible Lieutenant second grade (can you say, Lieutenant second grade ;)). Too long and confusing to pronounce when communicating ;)
And in the first part called translators Shepard captain instead of commander, and went all confused ;)

Is just as great. instead of having to command his unit runs at the Beck and call of a Junior officer (shepherd), although he was already a senior officer with your own unit.

Dual subordination. He is running not as major, but as a spectrum from the spectrum ;) Plus on Board Nomandie Cayden is unable to command the commander of this ship ;) I Think if the commanding officer of the Marines assigned to some ship, I would have tried to command the commander of this ship, we'd know about a lot of new and interesting ;)

D

so Udina was dead, therefore escu/cidence spectra do not have time to do

D

The captain of the 1st rank of the shepherd (eng. Commander Shepard) —the protagonist of the games Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3, the player can choose the appearance, skills and background.
http://ru.masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/%D0%A8%D0%B5%D0%BF%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B4
The 1st grade corresponds to the Colonel!
OFFICERS
Lieutenant•
Lieutenant•
Senior Lieutenant•
Captain 3rd rank / Major•
Captain 2nd rank / Colonel•
Captain 1-St rank / Colonel•
Rear Admiral / General•
Admiral•
Admiral of the fleet•

D

Rusko just couldn't figure out how to best translate commander and for some reason decided to call the captain

D
DamnedComrad 25.07.20

in the us Navy status of the commander give commander of the fleet,not having the Admiral's rank.
(C)A. Stepanov,Port Arthur

s
spellcustomer 25.07.20

For what, I wonder, Kaidan Shmakodyavka Deer raised?))) The program for the advancement of the victims of the L2 implants? Just cringe. In two years?! And Ashley That Believeth Not?! Well it is generally up to the heavens in rank advanced. For new gear?! One(one) shepherd through hell on all fours and all in one rank.

K
K.I.L.L.J.O.Y 25.07.20

I think that the title of shepherd classified, type he(a) spec. agent, no way he could(a) be a rank lower than those of roundnose alenko/Williams may not be such in principle; just the title of captain is about the same as Anderson in ME1. But the real title is classified. The title of the Spectrum of alenko and Williams, they don't deserve this, this is bullshit... They are full of Fuckers standing in front of Shepard!!!

P. S. I still think that Shepard is in the Alliance office (Captain of the 1st grade no less) is a type of Colonel...

J
J.Harper 25.07.20

brazilium
Well, if it comes to that the shepherd is not a marine,and COSMOTECH,the original marine - an infantryman serving on a ship,a ship which belongs to the Alliance fleet.And with the title the shepherd's standards.In IU-1, he carries the title of Lieutenant Commander(in 29 years is pretty cool,because Cayden,who is 2 years older than him,his Junior in rank),which in use is reduced to a simple Commander,after the events of ME-1 he was awarded the rank of Staff Commander,which,for obvious reasons,is reduced in the same way.Kaidan, too, probably raised from Staff Lieutenant which he wore in the ME-1 to Lieutenant Commander.Then Shepard died(died in the rank of Staff Commander) and since then he has not served in the ICA,so in the beginning ME-3 rebuilt it in the same rank.2 years until Shepard was picked Miranda and Wilson,Cayden continued to serve in the army and we meet him in the next title - Staff Commander,later a floor of year(the events of ME 3) he gets the rank Captain/Major(that's what the title of IU-1 was carried Anderson).And about Normandy.When Shepard had replaced Anderson he was not the captain of the Normandy,a commanding officer.Captain is a military rank,commanding officer - office.Position and rank are different things.Although the position TO often equal to the rank of captain(the captain the boats not so much how the title of the post,remember the loyalty mission for Tali),this is not always the case.As for the subordination of Kaidan and Shepard,they both Spectra,so it submission it's his will(remember the conversation between Kaidan and Shepard in the Elevator after the capture of the Citadel)

le_Sab
his [Anderson's] rank is too high to command a frigate, albeit a fancy. Command of the Normandy rather be regarded as a very important task which was entrusted to one of the best officers.

x
xSaimanx 25.07.20

Well apparently they use a system of ranks United States Navy

I'll give examples of titles for character like:
(the original title of the U.S. Navy(and valid title characters) - land analogue of the US army - analogue of the Russian Navy - the analogue of Russian army)

Shepard: commander - Lieutenant Colonel captain 2nd rank - Lieutenant Colonel

Cayden, Pirli, the Joker: Lieutenant captain captain Lieutenant captain

Ashley МЕ1: chief - Sergeant 1st class - chief stashina - Sergeant
(a small digression Ashley МЕ1 - in the non-commissioned composition, the system ranks the US NCO ranks much more than in Russian, so you gave the most suitable analogue)

Ashley in ME3: Lieutenant commander - major - captain 3rd rank major

Anderson: captain - Colonel - captain of the 1st rank - Colonel

Hackett: Admiral - General - Colonel General - Admiral

Shepard certainly not a marine, US Marines generally a separate caste in the armed forces of the United States (unlike those Russian Marines), they don't even belong to the ground forces as such :)

well, in order to simplify the situation will bring examples of officer rank on the same principle
(the title of Navy of the United States - land United States - the title of the Russian Navy - the rank of Russian army)
there is no equivalent - no equivalent - second Lieutenant - second Lieutenant
ensin - 2nd leutenant - Lieutenant - Lieutenant
Lieutenant - 1st Lieutenant - senior Lieutenant - senior Lieutenant
Lieutenant captain captain Lieutenant captain
Lieutenant commander - major - captain 3rd rank major
commander - Lieutenant Colonel captain 2nd rank - Lieutenant Colonel
captain - Colonel - captain of the 1st rank - Colonel
rear Admiral ml rank - Brigadier General - no equivalent - no analog
the article rear Admiral rank - major General - major General - rear Admiral
Vice Admiral General Lieutenant - General Lieutenant - Vice Admiral
Admiral - General - Colonel General - Admiral
Admiral - General of the army - General of the army Admiral of the fleet

sergeantcy analogue not cite because again the sergeants in the US, more than we have and parallel it is difficult to conduct,
Sori for the many bukaf, but on the other to clarify the situation don't know how :)

J
J.Harper 25.07.20

den01
Well apparently they use a system of ranks of the U.S. Navy
Definitely - no! Not least because in the code,with the 1st part,stated that the title system was CHANGED!
The shepherd: commander - Lieutenant Colonel captain 2nd rank - Lieutenant Colonel the Title of shepherd to the captain\captain-Lieutenant T. K. in line goes immediately after the three lieutenants.After saving the Citadel, he was probably promoted to Staff Commander (the abbreviated reference to it remains the same as in the previous rank - Commander)
Cayden, Pirli [Presley,as I understand it] the Joker: Lieutenant captain captain Lieutenant - captain
Cayden holds the rank of 1st Lieutenant (Events ME-1,2-th of the three lieutenants analogue likely - Lieutenant),after saving the Citadel, he was probably promoted to Staff Lieutenant (the most senior of the lieutenants and 3rd in a row),if we draw an analogue to the modern rank is senior Lieutenant.Joker has a unique rank of Lieutenant Fly which is not present in the code and that for the whole game never changes,it's probably something more along the lines of our praporshikovo that do not increase the rank(ensign, we can grow only to the station warrant officer with no special education,you can also recall the first visit of the Citadel in ME-3, operator(this is not a bug,it's censored -_-) called the Joker Fly Lieutenant,although he was not personally seen and she was not).
Ashley МЕ1: chief - Sergeant 1st class - ship stashina - senior Sergeant.
Ash in the ME-1 has the rank of Sergeant in the original Gunnery Chief (2nd in the three sergeants),the probable analog of the Sergeant).
Ashley in ME3: Lieutenant commander - major - captain 3rd rank major -
The title of shepherd in ME-1.
"The shepherd is certainly not a marine...
Shepard really not a marine,at least because has no relation to the sea.
...US Marines generally a separate caste in the armed forces of the United States (unlike those Russian Marines), they don't even belong to the ground forces as such :)
No one can draw an analogy because
1.It is a different system and there is no absolute analogy as it is not in 2 different languages.
2.Everyone who serves on the Normandy's attitude to the military-space forces of the Alliance(IU-1, with some of the conversations Shepard can be represented exactly.Ashley although he served in the garrison,and not on the ship - was also cosmobeam,she tells all of this to ME-1).

x
xSaimanx 25.07.20

J. Harper

Yes, the code I title somehow missed.
But still, the title is too similar to the system of the United States Navy

I still tend to believe that Shepard was(a) the eternal commander, raised, yeah, but the shoals were breaking the planet there and everything. Captain-Lieutenant, he hardly fits because the word already implies the commander, major (Lieutenant-commander) or Lieutenant Colonel (commander)

Another oddity with the lack of growth ranks can be explained by the fact that the US soldier is the title in accordance with the position, (not in Russia - for years of service)
Ie if you have any Sergeant 1st class and worked as a drill instructor at Fort Bragg :) and you are temporarily seconded to a hot spot command a company, you are temporarily assigned the rank of captain, the war is over, you return to a Fort Bragg instructor you again assign the rank of Sergeant 1st class.

El in IU-1 has the rank of Sergeant in the original Gunnery Chief (2nd in the three sergeants),the probable analog of Sergeant

Mmmm, rather Gunnery Chief, the word Chief is the Boss and not Sergeant) again, the similarity with the U.S. Navy
As, for example nebezizvestny our Chief Casey Ryback from Nico, assumes the title of Chief Petty Officer (Chief petty officer) petty officer in our analogue. Sergeant English and will - sergeant

[Presley,I understand]
Ay. Of course Prestly :) played in X3 terran conflict

Title Shepard in the ME-1.
Not a fact. Why is Shepard in МЕ1 hard no one wanted to call Lieutenant-commander
And Ashley always called, with surprising regularity.

J
J.Harper 25.07.20

den01
the similarity with the U.S. Navy is not surprising,because in the code says that the Alliance is using the old modified system,however, does not say what kind of system had based.There are similarities with the United States,though, there is also no small resemblance to the canadian Navy(http://dic.academic.ru/dic.nsf/ruwiki/639252),which is combined with a nationality BioWare - I think they tried to combine several Sz+add something of their own.
...Shepard was(a) the eternal commander, raised... maybe,Maybe not,but the logic after what happened on the Citadel it should have been to increase(Kaidan\Ashley resp. too).In any case, this situation explains the rise of Kaidan.However as Ashley for half a year from St.Sergeant (Operations Chief ) has turned into a LC... impressive(she jumped 3 officer ranks).
the schools were the Shoals was after his first death.
the soldier bears the title in accordance with the position When Shepard became TO Normandy, it did not call the captain(as Anderson).
The English Sergeant is sergeant - the code there is no such title,there are some of Safi.
Not the fact - I agree,but Why is Shepard in МЕ1 hard no one wanted to call Lieutenant-commander And Ashley always called, with surprising regularity. - not an argument because in the NW Alliance has only 2 titles that can be shortened to Commander is Lieutenant Commander and Staff Commander,the latest in the ME-2 was worn by Cayden,but he was called as the full title and just Commander.I think the fact that Shepard МЕ1 hard no one wanted to call Lieutenant-commander is of a purely ethnic nature,in other words just sounds better(it's all the same game),and Ashley asked using the full title is likely to preserve the individuality of the title of shepherd(which in my opinion is not well turned out) the reason is again purely ethnic character.

x
xSaimanx 25.07.20

Well Biovar see those experts titles. Not experts it may have just not wanted to bother and to bring the system to a common denominator, because very few people these titles all care about.

Me personally, a bit strained this, and the attempt localizers to adapt these titles under the Russian. Why? This should not be done at all.
Do not adapt the same rank of Roman legionaries. Don't make the same centurions - captains, tribunes - colonels and lieutenants - generals.

Playing with Russian sabam and seeing the commander Shepard Sergeant Williams once that's cut ear, when I distinctly hear a commander Shepard, chef Williams

And adapted in two ways: well, let the commander on the Russian is correct, Shepard - cap 2
but with Williams Bong, chief is the boss, and not a Sergeant, then Sergeant, and means petty officer

By the way ME3 title Lieutenant commander was adapted as Lieutenant yeah, phonetically and visually, they look like more, but in fact they are downgraded one rank, LCDR meets the captain of the 3rd rank (or major if on land)

J
J.Harper 25.07.20

Well Biovar see those experts titles. Not experts it may have just not wanted to bother and to bring the system to a common denominator - so, what denominator can lead?It's supposed to be invented by Sz,and not a copy.Given the fact that the Alliance represents all nationalities of people,and Sz can logically be a merger of several different.
chief Williams - I think many Russians would have been in disbelief upon hearing the rank of Chief :)
then the Sergeant, and Sergeant major of the marine means chief we have one,and there are as many as 3 chief. (I think VZ the younger foreman would have sounded weird... xD )
LCDR meets the captain of the 3rd rank (or major if by land) - but it is not a fact.LC comes after three lieutenants,we have, after them comes the captain, or l-K,i.e., if LC is a major,a captain,but there are titles less so it is definitely impossible to say.

x
xSaimanx 25.07.20

J. Harper

I think many Russians would have been in disbelief upon hearing the rank of Chief :)

Well, at least, like no one was confused when Casey Ryback (Seagal) already in two films called this title.
Also, is the movie GI Jane where demi Moore done Navy seal. Her instructor was also the title of master chief is the higher option.

Sergeant, we have one,and there are as many as 3 chief. (I think VZ the younger foreman would have sounded weird... xD )

The land then Yes - he is one, and in the sea
strashin 2nd article (Junior Sergeant)
petty officer 1st article (sejant)
chief petty officer (senior Sergeant)
the main ship strashin (strasin)

they are there as much 4

but it is not a fact.LC comes after three lieutenants,we have, after them comes the captain, or l-K,i.e.

do not confuse sea and land titles, theirs sea and the Lieutenant is land captain, sea the captain is land the Colonel