3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
[
[Reez] 26.07.20 05:00 am

Low fps (Doom (2016))

Where to begin?
To start, I think, is with the fact that the release of the game (when Vulkan had not yet added to the game) it went well and I was happy the story mode. Even on my bucket as noted by many regulars of the blog, the game was on the settings of Ultra with a reasonable 50+ Framatom.

What happened?
A month ago I decided to reinstall the game and re-take it, but using the API Vulkan. And the first level went really smoothly, and the framerate was higher. However, at the level oak fps greatly subsided still on the splash screen at the beginning level (and I am now on about the loading screen are two different things). The iron is loaded to the eyeballs (or almost, indicators of in-game monitoring tools are in the red zone). Frame rate is highly dependent on the scene that is seen on the screen. Googling a bit I found this video.
Spoiler
Indeed, this crutch helped, but not for long. The launch of the game this trick ceased to work, and to increase the fps helps only setting shadows and page size in a virtual texturing on Low.

I highly doubt that my config can't pull DOOM if not on ultra, then at least on high. If anyone knows what is the problem - write.

PC configuration:
CPU: AMD FX [email protected] Ghz
GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X (3Gb)
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
RAM: 8Gb
32Gb SSD (system)
1Tb HDD
Windows win 7x64
Radeon Software Version 16.9.2

UPD
Topic can be closed. Problem found and solved. The problem (as usual) to my curve pens) the fact that DOOM is heavily dependent on the number of lines in the PCI-e video Card inserted in PCI-Ex4, and as soon as I put it in PCI-Ex16 less than 70 shots on Vulkan I have not received. So. Thank you all!
3 Comments
Sort by:
n
nestrbob 26.07.20

[Reez]
If the game worked fine on OpenGL, it can run on Vulkan (API) for the sake of comparison. Vulkan (API) showed worse results - use OpenGL. Not all pieces of iron is sharpened by Vulkan (API).
https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulkan_(API)

S
SanSanZ 26.07.20

[Reez]
For this system, definitely need to put Vulkan (API), try to update the wood.I have 380H and FX6350 flying is not just below 60fps on Ulrich(in multiplayer, rarely below 90фпс), despite the fact that OpenGL was such as you say. you know what the volcano is demanding on VRAM, maybe this is the problem?
Here asked and quickly made the video when the volcano came out

+20-30фпс

[
[Reez] 26.07.20

SanSanZ
So the fact of the matter is that the firewood cost new (16.9.2), demolished the previous one using DDU, cleaned after the registry using CCleaner, manually deleted remaining folders, and then put the new. At first I thought that with Windows is something wrong, reset it but the problem remained. Already the game and re-downloaded. It remains as Vulkan and OpenGL. And the problem is shown not always. Sometimes you start the level and everything is fine, and the next start of the drawdown, which remain even in the main(!) menu. And sometimes as soon as I load level - the load on the hardware becomes very high and I get 3 to 20 frames.
And one more thing, when using the Vulkan game has a low priority in task Manager. The priority can be increased, but as soon as I return to the game he again flies to low. OpenGL with normal priority.
And this problem not just me. My friend with similar config (FX [email protected] Ghz, R9 270(2Gb), 8Gb RAM) the same problem.