3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
GetJet 26.07.20 10:40 pm

Problems with i7 4790k

good time of day! yesterday changed Intel core i5 4430 for i7 4790k in the BIOS didn't touch anything, just in case, reinstalled Windows, ran a test for GTA 5 and.... frame rate I've seen is 25fps-32fps, while the percent loaded on 40-60%, the temperature of 52-55 degrees, the frequency of 4.4 GHz. Climbed in BIOS manually limit the frequency to 4 GHz, and voila GTA 5 at max gives 80-85 fps. Question: what's the matter? rest of system: msi gtx 970 gaming, 16gb kingstone fury, ga-z87m-hd3, aerocool kcas 600W, cooler on percents zalman 5x perfomance.... when the mother all in the car, frequency of the processor increases, but the games slow down, put in manual frequency 4 GHz - everything is perfect....
22 Comments
Sort by:
V
Vinni-Pukh 26.07.20

GetJet
4.4 GHz
You were broken up?
manual limit the frequency to 4 GHz
Hand restricted how? Put the multiplier to x40 ?

v
vvvjust 26.07.20

GetJet wrote:
good time of day! yesterday changed Intel core i5 4430 for i7 4790k in the BIOS didn't touch anything, just in case, reinstalled Windows, ran a test for GTA 5 and.... frame rate I've seen is 25fps-32fps, while the percent loaded on 40-60%, the temperature of 52-55 degrees, the frequency of 4.4 GHz. Climbed in BIOS manually limit the frequency to 4 GHz, and voila GTA 5 at max gives 80-85 fps. Question: what's the matter? rest of system: msi gtx 970 gaming, 16gb kingstone fury, ga-z87m-hd3, aerocool kcas 600W, cooler on percents zalman 5x perfomance.... when the mother all in the car, frequency of the processor increases, but the games slow down, put in manual frequency 4 GHz - everything is perfect....
You have a mother with a Z87 chipset!!! For 4790К need the Z97 chipset, only with him it will work as intended. Even if your motherboard updated BIOS, it's still not the same. The Z87 chipset does not natively support these percent.

S
Ser777 26.07.20

Overheating can?Or the PSU dies and 12v sags

D
DjDuke 26.07.20

vvvjust wrote:
You have a mother with a Z87 chipset!!! For 4790К need the Z97 chipset, only with him it will work as intended. Even if your motherboard updated BIOS, it's still not the same. The Z87 chipset does not natively support these percent.
Che for delirium? All there is is supported.
Spoiler

v
vvvjust 26.07.20

DjDuke wrote:
Che for delirium? All there is is supported.
Smoke articles on international forums. For normal operation 4790К need the Z97 chipset. Z87 only supports in case of dressing the BIOS, and not the fact, it all depends on the motherboard. In this case, the dude is a conflict motherboard with turbo mode, it already proves my point. His mother is unable to correctly support the overclocking of this CPU.

V
Vinni-Pukh 26.07.20

vvvjust
Smoke articles on international forums.
Had a smoke, and?
For normal operation 4790К need a Z97 chipset
No.
Z87 only supports in case of new clothes BIOS
without updating BIOS-but 4790К the Z87 simply not start, even in BIOS not to come in, what do you mean?
In this case, the dude is a conflict motherboard with turbo mode, it already proves my point.
What turbo are you talking about?
His mother is unable to correctly support the overclocking of this CPU.
Acceleration support, like on the bus and multiplier, because it is Z87

v
vvvjust 26.07.20

Vinni-Pukh
Had a smoke, and?
well?
No.
Yes.
without updating BIOS-but 4790К the Z87 simply not start, even in BIOS not to come in, what do you mean?
I wash it and said no!?
What turbo are you talking about?
Strasse arrived, Intel has an automatic overclocking, you can read about this lazy!?
Acceleration support, like on the bus and multiplier, because it is Z87
Z87 driving of the previous line, Yes, but for this it doesn't quite fit. I have Already written about this above!

E
Eroppo 26.07.20

GetJet
changed the Intel core i5 4430 for i7 4790k in the BIOS didn't touch anything
Likely to reset the BIOS is necessary after replacing the processor, else I will try to work on the settings for the old CPU

V
Vinni-Pukh 26.07.20

vvvjust
I wash it and said no!?
As it can be a problem, even if the Windows starts?
Strasse arrived, Intel has an automatic overclocking, you can read about this lazy!?
and? any Mat Board supports with sed
Z87 driving of the previous line, Yes, but for this it doesn't quite fit. I have Already written about this above!
The lool. What did you write?
eroppo
Likely to reset the BIOS is necessary after replacing the processor, else I will try to work on the settings for the old CPU
So.

G
GetJet 26.07.20

BIOS was reset after replacing the CPU, manually set the bus to 100, multiplier to 40. Everything works great, just put on the auto fps sags tightly, everywhere....

V
Vinni-Pukh 26.07.20

GetJet
Tightly drop everything, and do not put any multiplier, not the bus, run and test where

o
omskcity 26.07.20

Since Core i7-4790K, there is no change on the micro level, it is compatible with any LGA1150-motherboards like new, ninth series, and the old eighth. But keep in mind: for older boards may need a firmware update for correct operation at the highest frequency in turbo mode at 4.4 GHz.

And best of all with such questions to contact will tekhpodderzhka, not here, and the result is these tips can be sad.

-
-SK.art- 26.07.20

vvvjust wrote:
what nonsense are you talking about?
No need to confuse people. Originally nutplate on the chipset Z87 supported processors 4770к/4670к. Support of processors of 4790к introduced with updates to the BIOS since they came out a little later. 4790к no different from 4770к, in addition to frequency.
PS: if what I have works great 4790к at a frequency of 4.7 GHz paired with a mother Board on chipset Z87.

GetJet
Update the BIOS to the latest version. Make sure that turboboost and HT in the BIOS is enabled.
If you won't overclock, to prevent overheating, it is better to manually limit the CPU voltage in the BIOS. At auto the mother Board it is usually overstated. Put empirically, start with values of 1.150 V.

vvvjust wrote:
Z87 driving of the previous line, Yes, but for this it doesn't quite fit. I Already wrote about it above
)))
See PC config in profile
PS: https://forums.overclockers.ru/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=121340

-
-SK.art- 26.07.20

GetJet wrote:
just put on the auto fps sags tightly, everywhere....
probably, as I wrote above, in the auto voltage range overstated. In General, update the BIOS, then reset full make. And then handles frequencies bet.

G
GetJet 26.07.20

-SK.art-
tried, reduced the frequency to 1,150 - sags, put less than 1,150 blue screen when you start the game. Disabled turboboost and a fixed multiplier and bus all the rules on and at 1,150 and 1,100 and 1,250

V
Vinni-Pukh 26.07.20

GetJet
Wait, let's okay. You have a starting voltage of the processor ?

-
-SK.art- 26.07.20

GetJet
BIOS new sewn?

V
Vinni-Pukh 26.07.20

-SK.art-
I think he's simply a marriage of the processor, the victim of the plant came to

-
-SK.art- 26.07.20

Vinni-Pukh
the scrap processor is a rare thing.
Rather, the point in the BIOS of macplay. In any case, it is necessary to make sure that is the latest BIOS firmware in order to make any conclusions.
PS: looked at his profile - gigabyte z87-hd3. Gigabytes BIOSes often kosyachit))
Although, there is a possibility that the mother Board is simply not remove this processor turboboost. The motherboard itself is quite puny, the power subsystem is her weak.

V
Vinni-Pukh 26.07.20

-SK.art-
that the mother Board is simply not remove this processor turboboost. The motherboard itself is quite puny, the power subsystem is her weak.
But such a thing cannot be, because according to the specs it fully supports 4790К, so fully and boost should work on it