3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MagicHero 27.07.20 08:34 pm

Question to experts on iron

more power phases on the idea allow you to apply to the chip a higher voltage which is important when overclocking and at the same voltage with a different number of phases, the chip has to be heated equally.
10 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kahran Ramsus 27.07.20

Terminegger
Which has the better cooling. Let's your example, ATO is not clear what you want.

K
Kahran Ramsus 27.07.20

MagicHero
In theory, a greater number of phases = less heat, more stable power under load, but in practice it is more important components, well, if we talk about the temperature, it is best to look at the cooling system.

K
Kahran Ramsus 27.07.20

Terminegger
I chew inappropriately, throw me links to these maps.

K
Kahran Ramsus 27.07.20

Terminegger
I think I've seen all nerey 1070, and so that the only difference was in the number of phases is not met.

M
MunchkiN 616 27.07.20

hypothetically more phases should mean that everything will be cooler. but in practice, this will be a minor fraction of a degree.
by and large they are necessary for the stability of the power chip Yes overclocking.

G
Glavnyy inzhenegr 27.07.20

What is meant by the term phase power? we have electrical outlet single phase any phase A or To or With. How it turns into 6 or 10 phases? Or is it totally something different to the classic phase is not relevant?

X
X_ray_83 27.07.20

Terminegger
More phases of acceleration and correspondingly more heat ! Th so hard to understand ? Not the same card so different settings and ahlad ! Tin it's so easy ((((

D
Dr_Drift_RU 27.07.20

Terminegger, more phases means more reserve for acceleration. In normal operation there is no difference between 6 and 8 phases(spherical phases in vacuum), as the temperature or performance.
The determining factor for the temperature of the chip is its power consumption. The power consumption of a chip depends on its frequency and design features.
Now the reviews on the product have more effect on reliability than the number of phases)) Pun, yeah.

D
Dr_Drift_RU 27.07.20

Terminegger, with a standard load, heating of the phase - insignificant factor. Whereas 6 phases power consumption of the chip will be limited to more than an 8. However, I confirm that 6 phases under full load will be warm more than 8 phases, with the same load.
You can imagine that electricity is water, then the phase is channel. The more channels you have, the easier it is to supply water. If you put too much water, the channel can be destroyed, while the conductor may melt.
Here's an interesting read about this: http://www.modlabs.net/page/faq-po-sistemam-pitanija-materinskih-plat-i-videokart#.V_4HUzxkhaQ

S
Sidorovich12 27.07.20

MagicHero
With a larger number of phases increases the power and strength of the current supplied to the GPU. Accordingly, there will be more heat and the heat from the GPU, but the output moshnosti (FPS) will eventually be more.
And the voltage you will not be able to submit more than gives your power supply. Not well, of course you can apply to your video card 220V, but I think you know what will happen.
But there is another point. A large number of phases influences local productivity, if the GP does not use the entire supplied power.