3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Reverrius 27.07.20 11:23 pm

Impressions of the game (The Banner Saga 2)

Share their impressions of the full game.

4 Comments
Sort by:
R
Reverrius 27.07.20

My impressions/review:

Immigrants from BioWare, Studio Stoic, two years ago gave us The Banner Saga, a game that I gave third place in a personal top of the best games of 2014. It was a true indie masterpiece. And finally, it was time for the second part of the trilogy. How could it bring? Was able to repeat the success of the first?

First, let's say that The Banner Saga 2 is a direct continuation of the first part, which begins where the original ends. So if someone never played the first, then begin the second part, I strongly recommend it. In addition, there is the possibility of postponing the elections of the last part, and with them, the surviving characters - with experience. The plot this time focuses on the story of two branches: the campaign in Arberry, the capital of the people, and the new hero berserk bol'verk Bloody Axe which Valka instructed strange, but important job - to deliver to the right place a large shipment of unknown contents. And although the plot here is essentially a bridge between the start and end, he has a lot of memorable moments and unexpected twists.

Regarding game mechanics, it remained unchanged - text events are combined with tactical fights and role-playing elements. But the battles and the leveling has improved a bit: the battles are more varied, and each parameter now possible to develop one of the two abilities (like blocking damage or critical hit chance). And among the text events that accompany us while travelling, still there are interesting situations and difficult choices. By the way, now in the camp can teach commoners to military craft, and also to pass training tests.

Another plus of the game is the variety of locations for our trip we will visit and ancient forest and dark caves, and on open plains. Will meet numerous monuments of the ancient gods. And all this under a beautiful, enchanting soundtrack.

In the end we have a great continuation of the first part, which despite the small number of innovations does not want to blame, the main thing here is the story, atmosphere and beautiful, unforgettable journey.

9/10

D
DartSeires 27.07.20

Screw those endings.

R
Rolento 27.07.20

+ interesting story, characters, world
+ nice graphics, animation
- the inhuman order of moves, the curve of Rand
- imbalance of classes - some are useless, others are too iMovie
conclusion: it's better to do quest

M
MU-admin 27.07.20

To be honest stuff, not a game. Miserable fights and stupid story.