3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
X
XiptiOnS 28.07.20 10:14 pm

Question about cooling 980печи!

I have this card:
MSI GeForce GTX 980 1216Mhz PCI-E 3.0 4096Mb 7010Mhz 256 bit DVI HDMI HDCP

I'm a little confused by the fact that the cooling is not working up to 60 degrees,but as I understand it this trick,actually there is a question whether to download software from MSI and put a forced cooling or not? and if Yes then how to do it?)

PS played doom on ultra it all the time, the temperature of the card was at 50-56 degrees,here is a thought wear cards which despite the fact that the temperature is always 50?,and the idea was what if suddenly when the temperature rises to 60 degrees the fans do not work :DDD
5 Comments
Sort by:
O
OakSorcerer 28.07.20

XiptiOnS
Don't worry, 60 degree is the norm. My stove at 90 since 2011, and I am sure that the same prorabotat.

p
pochtipushkin 28.07.20

GTX970. In most modern games at maximum load of about 70 degrees. Everything is fine, don't worry.

PS the desire to get 50 degrees load is very oily =))))

G
Goroooo001 28.07.20

the fact that the temperature is always a little high, it's even good, because of the heat of the body expands when cooled accordingly compressed.
Imagine you played, temperature 70 degrees, if your fans are not gonna stop, the temperature can fall to 30 degrees, and that's a huge range, and degradation of the chip will be faster.

Spoilered my theory, do not beat painfully

M
MagicHero 28.07.20

pochtipushkin
pochtipushkin wrote:
GTX970. In most modern games at maximum load of about 70 degrees. Everything is fine, don't worry.
PS the desire to get 50 degrees load is very oily =))))
Nothing chubby there, in the old games my video card is heated to 40-45 degrees and in new to 60 does not reach. So let the fan at least 20% and the temperature will drop soon.

p
pochtipushkin 28.07.20

Goroooo001
it's a huge range, and degradation of the chip will be faster.

While that is degraded only your avatar =))))
(no offense, couldn't resist)

If on, then a temperature difference of 40 degrees Celsius (for Silicon, which melts at 1300+ degrees and Copper - 1000+ degrees) is pshyk. In addition, the silicon temperature coefficient of linear expansion is very low, copper slightly higher, but 40 degrees is not critical.

So the suggestion is interesting, but, alas, not working.

MagicHero

Nothing chubby there, in the old games my video card is heated to 40-45 degrees and in new to 60 does not reach. So let the fan at least 20% and the temperature will drop soon.

Here as anyone. Tried to adjust points on/increase speed depending on temperature. Turned cold, but noisy.
Left factory settings. It is quiet, but at maximum load is about 70 degrees; I don't care because I understand that it is a safe temperature.