3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Protocol10 28.07.20 10:22 pm

Much important processor for graphics performance?

Fan_Tiesto
I advise you to watch

Conclusions.

1 the Paradox, but that video card is often a bottleneck in most systems.
Better a weak 2% from a good map than powerful percent and a weak video card.
3 All depends on the game and graphics settings.
19 Comments
Sort by:
-
-SK.art- 28.07.20

Fan_Tiesto wrote:
Much important processor for graphics performance?
Much. The more powerful the graphics card, the more powerful the desired processor. Very much depends on the graphics settings in the game and from the game resolution. The higher the graphics settings and higher resolution, the less impact the CPU.
PS: and Yes, a lot depends on the game. There are games where the influence of the processor is not so great, and there are those where very much depends on it.

W
WWQ 28.07.20

-SK.art-
if the resolution is 4K+ then the power of the CPU has almost no role , of course, I exaggerate, but everywhere overclocked i5 will suffice. If Vidic is greater than one , there is already a great role plays the number of lines pci .
But up to 4K resolution the number of lines is not particularly important, x8 in total missing, but the load on the percents above.
So we can safely take solo Titan + i5 under 4K...
Or, for example, 1070 SLI + i7 6700\4790 for 2K
But if you need absolute power in the 4K+ without the 2011-3 platform is not enough. (5820\6800 does not count)
The most interesting model 5930\6850 - if only game , and if we work better 5960х or 6950x , and 6900 , generally neither here nor there... and not being chased and not the top....

M
MunchkiN 616 28.07.20

the classic situation is the average closer to the low processor in the area i5 and some low-middle end card.
in this case installation *infinitely fast* maps can give some extra fps.
the potential is opened and the graphics performance will always be scarce in the future.
the disadvantage of a balanced build where it is impossible to say exactly slow CPU or graphics card - is the difficulty further upgrade if the Assembly is mid-price.
in other cases, for the venerable knights of the game should be guided by the following logic. one of the most efficient CPU at the moment and for him to equate graphics system. sooner or later the graphics will be outdated but the processor part of the pitch will be at or above the mid-price segment so it will be possible to update current requirements under the peck-peck.
in other cases, the Assembly of something productive but disillusioning in favor of the processor is justified to purchase a card of the next generation

-
-SK.art- 28.07.20

WWQ wrote:
So we can safely take solo Titan + i5 under 4K...
Or, for example, 1070 SLI + i7 6700\4790 for 2K
SLI 1070 + 4790К, even with overclocking, for some games for 2K is pointless. At all.
I don't think there's much 6700к will help.
I just yesterday, at the request of one of the man made measurements in games GTA 5 and the Witcher 3 in folk the resolution of 1920x1080 with a single card and two 1070. Chosen specifically protsessorostroeniya scenes - urban travel in the GTA and Novigrad in Witcher. 4790К even in overclocking powerless against two 1070 in this razreshenii in these scenes. And, frankly, I doubt that the processors on the platform v 2011.3 what is essential will give in this situation.
Link to playlist of little videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLN-BtZRq9h1TVF0XderJL4hX50rj9PPcV
WWQ wrote:
there is already a great role plays the number of lines pci .
I don't think these lines PCI-E play a big role. Bandwidth PCI-E 3.0 x8 for eyes should suffice for any combination of cards. Gain from switching to PCI-E x16 in SLI mode, for a bunch of the modern high-end solutions certainly will, but not essential.

w
warp 37 28.07.20

Now comes a time when graphics cards become overkill for 1080p. Now there is no reason to buy under FHD GTX 1080 and above. Processors since Sandy Bridge have practically no progress, but the video card became every six to eight more powerful. Clearly, to solve the problem can only battlecom high resolution.

M
MagicHero 28.07.20

-SK.art-
-SK.art - wrote:
Link to playlist of little videos: www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLN-BtZRq9h1TVF0Xd..
I don't understand how you were testing? The CPU usage is not nearly as high as 99% in overclocking. What about the lack of CPU power are you talking about? if you are not fully loaded. Here we can conclude that the growth of fps limits RAM which just does not have time to digest the data, but the CPU nothing to do with it for sure.
Try to overclock the memory and see whether to change the fps as the ideal of change notice is not possible.

L
Listoman 28.07.20

warp 37
And why am I not enough for 1080p gtx 1080? Where is the excess?

w
warp 37 28.07.20

Listoman because of the game - crooked shit without optimization.

L
Listoman 28.07.20

-SK.art-
WTF? Why such poor fps? When I drove their 1070ые on the minimum fps was 98, and you have as many as 84. I have one 1080 87 minimum salary in the place.

L
Listoman 28.07.20

warp 37
Well then what kind of redundancy can be a speech? Izbytochnoi would just be that video card even with poor optimization of the games will be to give very high fps for that resolution. And yet, even for 1080p there is no excess graphics cards.

w
warp 37 28.07.20

Listoman, well, this is utopia. I have won, S. T. A. L. K. E. R.: Clear Sky stable 60 frames does not issue, although the game for nine years almost.

S
Sidorovich12 28.07.20

Protocol10
Video confused, as the man says one thing then says the opposite and can't formulate a sensible answer.
WELL, without video one thing to say. If you take a good map, and the percent and all the other glands shall be of the respective segment, as in the case of saving on which the thread of the component, it will limit the performance of the entire system.

M
MunchkiN 616 28.07.20

warp 37
and you would have harrowed me this Chernobyl clear sky on howecome of those years in the then popular resolution PEK-PEK

w
warp 37 28.07.20

vtlk760, why did I have 1366x768 stable 60 FPS in 1920x1080 there is a drawdown of up to 35 FPS and 4K 15 FPS with 15% CPU usage? Although Call of Prypiat gives 60 FPS in 4K.

MunchkiN 616 when it came out, and I am grief in half, was playing in 1680x1050 on a Core 2 Quad Q6600 and 8800 GT 256Mb on medium in DX9.

W
WWQ 28.07.20

-SK.art-
Want to say that 4790 is not over two 1070?
although the Witcher and GTA maybe... the game can easily gobble up 20 threads and not choke.
I think if you run 4-5K resolution , everything will become norms and the ordinary i5 overclocking will be enough.
I'm here on my 6850 do not have any problems , God forbid, see the download at 30% ,although both Vidic plow 98-100%

-
-SK.art- 28.07.20

MagicHero wrote:
I don't understand how you were testing? The CPU usage is not nearly as high as 99% in overclocking. What about the lack of CPU power are you talking about? if you are not fully loaded.
zdraste-arrived. Who told you that the CPU should be loaded at 99%???
Look closely at the download GPU. Video card fully loaded only resolution 3413х1440. And then not always.
MagicHero wrote:
Try to overclock the memory and see whether to change the fps as the ideal of change notice is not possible.
And again if you look closely? With narisovannyi processor tested nominal memory 1333 MHz. Accelerated - 1866 MHz. And do not just say that the memory have to drive further and that is awesome growth. The memory frequency is now nothing rests. Can rest except in quantity. And here it is in bulk.
WWQ wrote:
Want to say that 4790 is not over two 1070?
In these games the most processorsamsung Yes.
In other areas, these games are much better. In the Witcher in the forests, fields, maps loaded much better and the fps higher. In the GTA outside the city, in the grass of the GPU are loaded to full. In the city all the stone rests.
And in GTA stone exports even in the resolution to 3.5 in one case - when flying a helicopter at medium altitude in the city. The processor has not time to process the data, loading the GPU falls through the floor and the fps is very low, about 40.
Listoman wrote:
When I drove their 1070ые on the minimum fps was 98, and you have as many as 84. I have one 1080 87 minimum salary in the place.
because you have 6700к.
On overah a couple of months ago we had a battle with one brow. He 6600к 4.8 GHz, I have 4790к 4.7 GHz. Both have two 1070. Specifically, in GTA 5 it fps was much higher. Tested in resolution of 2.5 K. Then was very surprised all in the topic. His stone was loaded at 90-95% (the fifth AI in GTA 5 are loaded so sickly), I have loaded less, but FFS he was higher.
Hike the new architecture in this game steers and here is bangin'.

-
-SK.art- 28.07.20

-SK.art - wrote:
The memory frequency is now nothing rests.

:)

M
MunchkiN 616 28.07.20

in actual fact if the processor is not loaded into a game, which pravelo designed for 8+ threads. the bottleneck problem somewhere in the CPU part.
and as I peck I believe somewhere either with the memory controller, which has its own bandwidth limit regardless of memory. or even some problem with bandwidth or something.
another issue is that this performance problem to beat TK to do this, most likely have to drive the bus and so far to catch up will not work.
and the proof of the missing CPU performance will be that with a significant underestimation of the reference frequency of the processor load is 100% while during normal operation it let's say 80%.
therefore the principle is the same as with a good graphics card - when something bothers her the download.
and i7 sounds kind of right cannot be one hundred percent time employed virtual cores. in theory, just for example, the deceleration reference frequency when the maths is very weak and the speed of the cache will block it several times.
just the memory frequency as I peck poma can only go on the payment of its own costs memory

M
MagicHero 28.07.20

-SK.art-
-SK.art - wrote:
The memory frequency is now nothing rests.
Actually depends on for example fallout 4 in which the memory OC gives visible result in comparison for example with the standard 1600.