3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
c
corncoolio 24.10.19 11:55 am

The game all the time loaded from the beginning (Middle-earth: Shadow of War)

After a crash during a game (red screen, I think vidyuhi overheated) and restart the computer the game stopped loading the save, every run offers to start a new game and overwrite the saves to zero, i.e., resets all the passage. The game was uninstalled and reinstalled, did not help. What could be the problem and how to resolve?
24 Comments
Sort by:
c
corncoolio 24.10.19

a solution is found.

B
BOOOLEG 24.10.19

corncoolio
What happened? Interesting....

u
umdrgmu 24.10.19

so what still was?don't be silent

c
corncoolio 24.10.19

BOOOLEG
umdrgmu
The folder with the saves I found at C:\Users\Имя user\Documents\WB GamesShadow of War and calmed down, began to experiment. There were 6 save file - one without a number (00000666_ShadowOfWar.sav) and five numbered from 1 to 5 (00000666_1_ShadowOfWar.sav, etc.). In size they were different and created at different times. Only the saves without a number and with the nomen 1 was the same size and created at the same time, and were very fresh.
I understand that the save game without a number is the boot, and saves with the numbers of the backups. However, no data manipulation saves did not lead to the restoration progress, all the time the game was offered only to start a new game and immediately after starting is reset to zero saves without a number and with the number 1, i.e. just rewrote them adding a zero game progress.
I deleted the folder with the saves and started the game from the beginning. A little bit played out in the start menu, and there again I suggest starting a new game. Then I got to the first tower with the eye, he went out again to the menu and to me the joy of a point to continue the company. Apparently before playing long I just did not reach the first point of the AutoSave. Out of the game again, deleted the folder saves, run the game. And lo and behold despite the remote saves the item to continue the game left and when you bore me to the tower.
Then I realized that the boot saves apparently is stored somewhere else. And after a short search I found it at C:\ Users \ Public \ Documents Steam CODEX \ 356190 \ remote. While the other 6 digits in the address may be different. There was only one save game without numbering. And now after replacing it on the last save from the first folder with the saves I have restored your progress.
So in the end. After a failure caused by overheating of the graphics card, saves in the remote, and also the setup file of the game were incorrect. As a result, the game demanded again to configure and start the progress from scratch. This suggests that either the failure occurred for an unfortunate circumstance in the moment when recording the save game (and it apparently is written together with the configuration file, and can be in itself contains the configuration of the game, not checked do not know), or the save game appears in the remote only at certain moments (e.g. when exiting to the game menu or when you exit the game, at the same time it creates the copy in the folder ...WB GamesShadow of War), the rest of the time is not there. If the second option is correct, it means that there can be a loss progress while the game crash and re-start, if you do not know the details that I described here.

c
corncoolio 24.10.19

IBRA4LIFE
no difference. Only the name must be without number. Even before that, try to save archiver compress if the compressed file is only a few bytes, the save game broken, I do so with extreme save game was he, more than 600 kilobytes, and compressed 56 bytes. Normal saves archive is not compressed, it remains the same size. In this case, the desired previous time saves.

Z
Zeppppelin 24.10.19

corncoolio
I abruptly remembered that I already started a new game and overwrite the saves and deleted the comments )))0))) where have you been man,when I needed you most(

c
corncoolio 24.10.19

IBRA4LIFE
try program to recover files, there is a chance to restore the save game from the disk

Z
Zeppppelin 24.10.19

corncoolio
they are not retired ... they presepialis..there is nothing to restore

c
corncoolio 24.10.19

IBRA4LIFE
on the hard disk when overwriting files physically, the information is written to a new location and the old one remains in place, just agolook file is overwritten, and the file name is assigned to the new disk space is to overwrite data. So there is something to recover.

B
BOOOLEG 24.10.19

corncoolio
Thanks for the clarification!

S
SKOTSHOT 24.10.19

corncoolio
I tried your method but saves Serono no I understand that from the folder plants war you need to upload the file without the numbering in the remote folder?

c
corncoolio 24.10.19

SKOTSHOT
any save game folder plants war in the remote folder, but removing it the numbering (I have so 00000666_ShadowOfWar.sav)

S
SKOTSHOT 24.10.19

corncoolio
nadoli and before that go to the tower and zasavica?

c
corncoolio 24.10.19

SKOTSHOT
no, it is not necessary

S
SKOTSHOT 24.10.19

corncoolio
SPS helped only the first 3 saves refused to work and 4 normally started

A
Axel1993 24.10.19

I have not worked out. This way and that. From the very beginning with the game settings. it says that the save is not suitable.
In came far. 4 Chapter 7акт. And level 51. Galoot.

c
corncoolio 24.10.19

Axel1993
well, you can say the game went, leaving only the ending to look. Look in YouTube and do not worry. I 4 have not mastered a bit too boring.

M
MAK17111983 24.10.19

found a solution to the loss of saved games.go to the folder where you installed the game,I have so D:\Middle-earth Shadow of War\x64 and delete the two files there 00000666_1_ShadowOfWar.sav and 00000666_ShadowOfWar.sav then go to the address C:\Users\HATAB\Documents\WB Games\the Shadow of War there will be a save file,you need the same two files 00000666_1_ShadowOfWar.sav and 00000666_ShadowOfWar.sav copy them and put in the address where you installed the game D:\Middle-earth Shadow of War\x64 I have it worked.

88serg8888 24.10.19

Oh, thank you, redeemed) will summarize in Short for CODEX
Really check archiver, beating not only 0ый and 1st save. I also only 4th start!

I
Ilya Losev 24.10.19

corncoolio
Comrade, thanks for the instructions! I'm on a binge I was ready to go, having a game on 35% and ditching it for 12 hours.