3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
S.V.A.E.I.G. 24.10.19 11:55 am

The combat system Warband (Mount & Blade)

I propose here to discuss the changes in the combat system and weapons. Has changed not a little, I half hour he studied again (and this is after almost fifteen years of playing in original) to cut with a sword at full gallop, stabbing with his spear and trained new chip - parry (not block). Write about a single, multiplayer is not digested.
The animation of the swings became smoother, which could not be achieved by manipulation actions.txt have worked on it for the glory. Immediately visible change was sandwiched in side impact can a slight movement of the mouse translate into slashing blow from above. The usefulness of this function is evaluated immediately, because the first time could not get at all. And a pretty necessary thing.
Knight strike has become more difficult, because the lens now passes through the head of the horse, and tolerated by the player over her head, which is harder to get. But the usual stabbing blow easier, take aim it is easier and the damage is significantly increased.
Kick. Not Dark Messiah, but not good enough, you can teach the presumptuous bot and with one blow to change the course of the match.
Parry. In my opinion, the best innovation. When the enemy swings, you should produce the most desired swing time (vs stabbing stabbing right swing vs left, etc.), then the weapon has parryed the blow, the enemy's attack is interrupted and my attack continues and damage.
Now, about the weapons and shields.
My dream is finally fulfilled - the protection zone of the shield is now the same size as the shield. Now there will be stupidity, when a small round shield covered the whole body, even feet, and were magnetic to his arrows. You can now get an arrow in the uncovered shield the plot without any problems. And immediately noticeable another innovation when the shield is inactive, i.e. hanging on his left arm, he still protects from arrows. Before the arrow passed through him like he's gone, and now gets stuck in it.
Crossbows have now become an effective weapon. Damage of them have risen significantly, you can kill with one bolt that was almost impossible when healthy enemy, increased accuracy. At low pumping still can be a good idea to aim provided that you stand on the spot. Archery also can be aiming, standing still, important not to hold your aim for a few seconds. And the higher the pumping, the longer you aim.
Throwing axes. The opportunity to use them as melee weapons, and pick up the single axes on the battlefield, put their lethality. Hit someone over the bonce threw this axe in the other. Now it makes sense to pump throwing.
Correct, if where was mistaken, or something add that I haven't noticed.
12 Comments
Sort by:
S
ShamomahS 24.10.19

Um...right now, not any bow and arrows pierces armor strong, simple unable to penetrate the scaly armor

G
Genka12 24.10.19

After reviewing the forum and reading the enthusiastic posts, I came to the conclusion of the necessity of the topic. To show that there is nothing special about this addon not. Rather the opposite! Well, let's start. Clap her hands and calm down. Play, carry, drive, and drove and fought, think - and what, exactly, has changed dramatically? Surprises, radical changes, dizzying effects in normal (singlee) mode no! New quests are also the biggest innovation quest - to find and destroy the secret camp of bandits( by the way not original, it was in one of the mods on the original). New map too, no surprise, this stuff all you want in the mod. And who may surprise new faction - the snow Bunny the Sultanate of Barrandov with units yellow, like chickens, only complete noobs in the world mount_and_blade who haven't played before. Nothing new appeared in the arena and the jousting tournaments, the rules are the same armor and weapons as in the original M & B. the new Armor is extremely small, when compared with such monsters as modostroeniya Sword of Damocles - Invasion and Lords and Realms a Small and pleasant innovations of the game engine is good. But it is equally a setback. Because almost any innovation that is in single player games, and I emphasize any, have been done previously on the old Mount & Blade engine, namely in the mod that were created on its basis. Even screenshots of Warband virtually indistinguishable from screenshots of Mount & Blade. Warband by and large - just... looks like another mod where there is nothing new that is not met in any other mod. One single exception - the game has a network mode. But it does not pull weak hack created solely to play on the popularity of the original and earn more money. In the end, the Warband in the form as it is now - likely to be only a few significant and common example of when developed parasites on the fame of the original, producing a fairly mediocre and weak in all respects of the product.

v
vidgin 24.10.19

Genka12
Then you're a snob))
Yes, I agree with all points, but you did not consider one aspect that turns all of your claims turned on its head:
In Verbande brought to mind the gameplay and the balance due to the many small minor changes, most of which are impossible to feel or see after playing a couple of hours in this game. MIB quickly bored, as the player could hire 100 soldiers, because the game became too easy. In Verbande same complexity persists at almost all levels of gameplay.
Yes, I agree that Warband cannot be considered as the second part. But it is and is not. The title clearly States Mount & Blade Warband. The number " 2 " there. The game tells the story of several cases where developed has released a new game, a little different from the previous one, but improved. And in the end the result was a game with very interesting gameplay and almost no disadvantages. Take for example the Universe X, where one part was a copy of another. But in the end we got the X3 Terran Conflict with the unmatched gameplay. Go ahead: GTA. As many parts and by all the world saw the GTA4, which is a masterpiece in its range of games.

Unfortunately, MIB is not a very popular game, developed and get not so much money, such as Infinity Ward (MW2). So they have to create a new part, but a resource to change is not enough. Fortunately, these small companies have an advantage: they can listen to players and bring the game to Shine, of the part in the part of adding new and new features and gameplay elements. And the only way we, the players eventually will be able to get a masterpiece.

And if you're hoping that the creators of the IIB will be served to you on a silver platter the second part with the new engine, new gameplay and all the features that were in the mod, you're just a naive schoolboy. Because after the release of this game developed just splurge and go into debt. And we won't see anything like it in this genre for many years.

n
nitrousoxide 24.10.19

The game - cool, I've never had this much fun. Clean atmosphere of the middle ages)

P
PunisheR2018 24.10.19

The banal opinion of the player who played the game and heard enough noobs who don't like such games and smear their

A
Arantir_3000 24.10.19

In super new part. Added a lot of new and desirable. Now you can legally to become king (i.e. without mods), etc...

But 1 small flaw at the stroke of the sword dies, only 1 enemy, although the sword would have ripped up all ahead of the player... I expected that it will add massive damage, so to speak.

S
ShamomahS 24.10.19

To Varthmathr
Well, if not to be cut, only cut, leaving a deep wound, it is quite possible and the second hook.

A
Arantir_3000 24.10.19

If face not covered by helmet (or no helmet) there do not care what armor - arrows skull strikes a Bang xDDDD

P
PunisheR2018 24.10.19

Well, if not to be cut, only cut, leaving a deep wound, it is quite possible and the second hook.
And how, I wonder, are you his through and through hurt, while not killing?))))

D
DARKNEss1414 24.10.19

PEOPLE help me before the fight icon will appear to plan but even without a plan I can't control their people asking for help

S
Sheogorat. 24.10.19

DARKNEss1414
This is the fashion. Plan allows you to give orders to the soldiers before the battle.

O
One Energy 24.10.19

ShamomahS
Then I had to do so to the armor Israelis