3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
r
rus_Inversion 30.07.20 10:13 pm

Fell FPS when changing \"Graphics APi\" (Doom (2016))

I was Vulkan (wanted to try what it is) and the FPS was around 140-160, changed to Open GL 4.5 so the FPS dropped to 30 and not rising above. What kind of disease? How to fix?
5 Comments
Sort by:
L
Listoman 30.07.20

On nvidia cards the fps is higher on openGL. So leave it. Look at the settings of vertical sync in the game and in the driver

P
PIRAT69 30.07.20

rus_Inversion
Fit 30 and not higher

m
m.a.r.r.a.d.e.r. 30.07.20

I have after the updates finally stopped the game to run, runs ads and then a black screen and hangs, even not helps the Task Manager, have to restart PC

r
rus_Inversion 30.07.20

In short, I am the sheep did not see the trick. The Graphics settings were set to Shade: Nightmare and Virtual Texturing: Nightmare and these functions require more than 5GB of VRAM (Ala 1070 and above) because they are all 8GB go. I thought the problem is in the drivers, but it turned out the problem was the graphics settings (which I didn't even know).

PS - 30FPS in the cartoon is that the Soup without potatoes. Especially in a dynamic shooter.

D
DarkTenshi666 30.07.20

Listoman

But I'm the opposite , I have card from NVIDIA , the volcano all sorts of texture artifacts in some places lost + increased fps and becomes less subsidence(not as strong subsidence fps) , OpenGL 4.5 there are texture artifacts in some places and correspondingly fps almost not playable + sags even tougher , settings minimal.