3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MAGOIIt 31.07.20 12:47 pm

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt check cache (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

The problem is that many times do not put on check the game cache it always finds some new files. On, 3 MB, 4.5 GB, or even 8GB. What is the problem can someone tell me? Interestingly, sometimes what shows normal files. The computer is restarted check again that finds. With other games this is not. The game was set down again the same effect. It does not update after validation, updates.
15 Comments
Sort by:
D
Dmitriy Solodilov 31.07.20

Playing even possible?

E
Eraser101 31.07.20

MAGOIIt
Hard drive error test? Maybe the game is corrupted sector(s).

M
MAGOIIt 31.07.20

Dmitry Solodilov
Eraser101
You can play. Drive test Victoria 2-3 months ago.

E
Eraser101 31.07.20

MAGOIIt
With surface check and bad clusters?

M
MAGOIIt 31.07.20

Eraser101
Yes

E
Eraser101 31.07.20

MAGOIIt
And as bad sectors pop up?

M
MAGOIIt 31.07.20

Eraser101
Not really been a lot of them, and all of which you can restore critical was not. Normal drive in General

E
Eraser101 31.07.20

MAGOIIt
There's another hard drive to test? If Yes, then move back to the game and check whether caching again.

M
MAGOIIt 31.07.20

Eraser101
There is another screw there unfortunately. Maybe it's not the screw is guilty?

-
---VENOM--- 31.07.20

Out of interest I will ask - and what for to check the cache every time, especially if you can play ? Steam if updates are available, asks them to install or set.
And so - try to move the game to another logical drive (C, D, E, etc.) and see if this crap. Maybe true in those sectors bullshit. But again, to my question back - why even bother if everything works ?

E
Eraser101 31.07.20

MAGOIIt
Maybe not screw, but it's the only way to verify this 100%.
---VENOM---
The fact of the matter is that checking the cache starts automatically at startup. Steam, origin or Gog galaxy you won't be asked about checking the cache if they see that the checksum is not the same as the previous run.

M
MAGOIIt 31.07.20

---VENOM---
In Eraser101 answered. Eraser101
How much the game takes you?

M
MAGOIIt 31.07.20

I just have such volumes of downloads as I described in the first message, and the size does not change. I have 54,9 GB. And notice that it's until the GOTY edition came out, this was not. I had the regular version and the DLC I bought separately. So, when he published a game of the year began this heresy with this cache. Maybe coincidence I do not know. Just files can replace confused in the versions.

-
---VENOM--- 31.07.20

Eraser101
Strange, then why do I put crack for Tropico 3, which is the incentive I have in English language, it has replaced files, including .EXE file of the game and if you run any cache is not checked ? Maybe that should be a function which is included to check the cache when starting the game ? Although, if it is, it should be included, and I didn't turn it off...
MAGOIIt
Unfortunately, the game is not installed, and to install there is no possibility.
In principle, your theory is also logical, I played pirates when she was Rogowska, and there when you install some of the patch was the sort of thing that it patch set in 1 second, the registry changed the value of the game for a new one, but the patch is not established, as it were. Had the instructions of one user to change the game version to the previous one, or more correct, then the patch could be installed. So either try to remove the game completely, it is desirable and in the registry cleaned and see how it will behave in a new or another drive (maybe logical) - there is also a game and see how it will be.
Although I do not understand what I have then when you run the cache does not verify... Maybe there's a function that disables the check of the cache.

M
MAGOIIt 31.07.20

---VENOM---
The game was fully uninstalled and the registry cleaned did not help. Don't know what it is. The cache is also steam cleaned.