3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vstorspb 27.09.20 06:22 pm

External drive compared to internal for games

I do not want to open the body of my PC, I am not friendly with the equipment at all, and on my built-in two-terabyte (HDD) I stopped short of space (besides the installed games, I swing a bunch of UHD BDRemux). That's actually the question was born. Naturally, there is USB 3, and if I buy an external SSD and connect it on USB 3.0 - will it be possible to install games on it? Perhaps it is possible to install something, but the most important thing - whether they will not slow down??? Once again, it is a question of infinitely far from iron man, please do not kick, and chew, if you can. Thank you.
3 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 27.09.20

vstorspb wrote:
will they slow down???
Yes they will. so to say to be fit sometimes. for example, that's the kind of kind of kind of kind of cam deverishone. some might not. don't know how to score ssd but sshd plus box on Yuks 3 where the idea of a narrow meth is Usb
and yet this means the moment this disk should be switched on before the baking system. because if the bake sees cho he has no discs or he has to swap the letters all sorts or in the process of furious drive accidentally dress gamelauchers about it will learn about it and so aa1111 you do not have a game let's download it before you play.
so it's a way of hemorrhoids and pain. Buy 4H 2-4tb on all sata ports and install all games.

V
VETER15 27.09.20

vstorspb
First, why become the custodian of long-forgotten junk? Or do you go to all the games around the clock and don't really play any games? Or the Internet does not allow you to download what you want and when you want?
Everything will be laid, as Windows is installed on a clogged disk. It is best to put Windows on a separate disk without any divisions, and only on the sd. Then when you connect any disks, everything will work steadily fast.

If I've helped you, you can slap yourself in the back of your head instead of bati)

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 27.09.20

vstorspb
Yes, I did. The SSD is capable of 3.0 3.0 to give a speed of 200 Mb/s (I don't remember exactly). But you also need a cable connecting the same version. 2.0 forget, and pick very carefully, at 2.0 the speed has dropped to 20-30 Mb/s, and this will bring obvious problems in the game.
Example:https://aliexpress.com.au/item/4000512021052.html?spm/a2g0o.productlist.0.3df54859pAO6Gv'algo_pvid'8e9c72f2-6f29-4379-ad1c-579b17773 algo_expid'8e9c72f2-6f29-4379-ad1c-579b1765173-21'btsid'0b8b15cb16011189096176842ee592'ws_ab_test'searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_.searchweb201603_
This example is relevant for 2.5-inch drives. They are followed by a 5 Volt line, as well as USB. The 3.5 format requires and 12 volt lines.
Of course, I highly recommend you not to make and collect everything as it should be. There is no need for great knowledge and skills. There are plenty of guides, and it will not be possible to collect the wrong one. In general, all your unclaimed files are on the outside. You can watch movies from it.
By the way, the above point is marked about the priority of the launch. Of course, the game's launcher is removed from the auto-start or completely sent to the drive. Then everything will be normal. He remembers the media, so there will be no problems with the letter.
The speed of the drive can be checked, for example, AS SSD Benchmark. For SATA 100-180 discs. For SSD 300-600. With the SSD even external, will load faster wills even on par with the internal SATA.
By the way, I have a 240GB flash drive, and it's been a long time.