3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Grig04 27.09.20 08:16 pm

Heating the graphics card

Hello, my PC
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU 3.80GHz (in games 4700-4900), 3792 MHz
Mother's 490 AORUS ELITE AC
Видеокарта NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
Super Flower Leadex II Gold (SF-750F14EG) 750W
CCД Samsung 970 evo M2
32gb kingston 3600mhz
Cooling in a PC is like this: 1 fan behind, 2 on top,3 in front. (The corps is quiet! PURE BASE 500DX)
The tower also stands quite dark rock pro 4

I came across a video from the Tech Imperium channel by Apex Legends (Timecode 1:26,1080p Full HD)

And very surprised, the fact that the video card on the video is loaded by almost 100 percent, and the temperature is kept in the area of 65 degrees at 2200rpm

I have in the same apex the temperature reaches 78 degrees, at rpm about 2500-2700 (I do not remember)
And the question is, how did you manage to achieve such a low temperature? (The settings of the video card did not change and did not warm up, screenshot from below) and this despite the fact that I have a limit of 144 phps

Although there is an assumption that the build of YouTuber is water, but can it eat so many degrees?

20 Comments
Sort by:
R
Ryazancev 27.09.20

Grig04
Water can eat more. Children have a water-watering water for 1080th - max paverlimite-dispersal. Temperatures above 50 have never been seen before. But this is a copper three-section (Not caste, just a collective farm redistribution of water from Corsair). With a catohom water temperature can still be thrown 5-10 degrees easily, keeping quiet. You can throw more, but here is a compromise with silence it is necessary to look.
So yes, you just have a different cooling. And the cooler itself is different.

G
Grig04 27.09.20

Ryazancev
Thanks for the response

P
Protocol10 27.09.20

Grig04
Target the pace put on 75 and everything will be fine, you have a map with acceleration goes, that's heating. I have Aorus Extreme 2080. If you put the default card heated and the valves make noise. If it's 75, it's quiet. I'm the only one who's putting an after-drill in the msi.

A
AnPei 27.09.20

Protocol10
The graphics card has dried up so it gets heated and noisy.

P
Protocol10 27.09.20

AnPei
No

M
Marsj 27.09.20

Protocol10
The strange thing is that with a power limit fan 73% does not make noise.

G
Grig04 27.09.20

Protocol10
And how can you turn this acceleration off?

a
anotoleololo 27.09.20

I have a tower large at 9700k with acceleration, the system is closed, the cooler in it is weak. so the map can bask in up to 76 degrees when the download is high. Here either water per cent, or cooler as vacuum cleaners in the system.
and with the last driver there is a function of the auto-brain, there you can put the temperature in the overlay of the unseeded.

A
AnPei 27.09.20

Open the case, add turntables and even less reduce the power limit all from hopelessness and why to tolerate it for their money, the thermopast replaced and no problems

M
Marsj 27.09.20

AnPei
What brand is the thermopapata?

A
AnPei 27.09.20

Marsj
Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut.

a
anotoleololo 27.09.20

AnPei
I don't have a guarantee. Can you also smear the thermal-pump chain of the rm, bridges and the systemer whole? Because why would you put up with it? Oh yes, backplay vidyi, too. the temperature will immediately become like in the Arctic.

R
Ryazancev 27.09.20

anotoleololo
AnPei
guys enough to figure out a subjective point of view.
Comrade AnPei is right to speak out about the lousy thermointerface applied by the vendor. On this issue, I support his support. In the current market conditions, vendors save on everything. And the savings of $0.5-0.7 on the thermointerface, give a good profit when the model diverges in a circulation of several million dollars.
If the card is bought for a period longer than the warranty period, it is very rational to monitor it. And in the near future, change the gum to a normal thermointerface. And the whining lot of another category of citizens, for them more important seals, warranty and "drop" card six months or a year before it expires. There's a Logic in it, too.
Guys, let's live together! You're both (subjectively) right.

G
Grig04 27.09.20

Ryazancev
I wanted to ask you, I have a graphics card in the hottest conditions (100 percent load a few hours in a row) maximum warms up to 78, is it normal for her temperature?

R
Ryazancev 27.09.20

Grig04
Unfortunately, my opinion does not reflect the views of the majority. But I'll try to express it.
If you change the thermointerface to normal. Temperatures will drop decently. I tried on top solutions myself. That E.E. vendors have the sin to smear even the top models in the Line of Fihneus level GD-900 at best, and even worse. Asus, Gnilobai and others with them. Not to mention the Palitas and the zotaks.
You and everyone have only two options for development. To smear, losing the guarantee and play in silence, Or...
Personally, I've been on two PCs. On his smear and carried Vidyukha from the systemer by a raiser.
On the children-water - water brings heat up. As a result - Silence and lack of heating of components of DRAM, SSD NVME and Custhus Towers with mosfets.
In general, the classic line-up of components in a standard ATH case, as for me, is not per. A good solution for hot graphics cards.
There is a channel on YouTube - "This computer" there on the theme of air flows and cooling there is a loop (pederach).
The questions you ask affect a narrow stratum of enthusiasts. You and only you decide which category of users you are closer in spirit. Within reason, without bigotry.
If you are just beginning to "float" such questions, my advice, chase these thoughts before it's too late, otherwise the games may not have time to stay. A certain thermodynamics will be interested with entropy (joke).

G
Grig04 27.09.20

Ryazancev
So, I'm not particularly interested in these crutches, I was just interested to know about the temperature, and still you have thoughts about my question?

Ryazancev
I wanted to ask you, I have a graphics card in the hottest conditions (100 percent load a few hours in a row) maximum warms up to 78, is it normal for her temperature?

G
Grig04 27.09.20

Ryazancev
I mean, is that temperature within the normal range? (Just a full kettle in temperatures)

R
Ryazancev 27.09.20

Grig04
The Video card won't burn! But these temperatures are edtified by a lot of unfavorable factors. The main one is the poor quality of the thermointerface (thermopast). As for me, then on the face of a global conspiracy of vendors, in the old days it would be called a pest and a half-term for awareness (correction). 78 degrees for TDP less than 300 wat is a ember (IMHO). A sign of defective cooling. You can check by opening the systemer on all sides (Give a little air), if the temperature does not fall by 5-8 degrees, the reason is to save the vendor on the thermal shepherd. If it falls to 70-73, there's a lack of cold blowing from the outside. Again, I don't know the percentage of turntables and the number of air flow (pressure) being driven. This idea is a fortune-telling in the thick of it.
I suggest you forget and not hover your brain. The video card will not burn, and if and what happens, then 3 years of warranty (Although service workers strongly recommend the change of thermopast already in the first year of operation).

G
Grig04 27.09.20

Ryazancev
Thanks for the answers

G
Grig04 27.09.20

Ryazancev
Hello, I think I've found a solution to my problem with SIV
After it started, I found out that my enclosure fans were working at about 20-30% all this time.
Adjusting the parameters were the results:
100% load,Battlefield 5,ultra settings,1920:1080
Worked for 2-3 hours
Temperatures did not rise above 75 (average 73-74)
And there was not much noise.