3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Net_Nomad 27.09.20 08:23 pm

Which troops are better? (Crusader Kings 3)

I don't quite understand which is better to recruit. What's better in terms of characteristics? Or those who have more opposition? Or maybe it's better to score all the regiments slots 1-3 types of troops? (For example, the Heavy Cavalry with countering the shooters and the Heavy Infantry.
11 Comments
Sort by:
J
James_Mails 27.09.20

Net_Nomad
Depends on who you're playing. Personally, I for example, first of all recruit cultural troops (in Africa it is an improvement version of the light cavalry), after the situation. At the end of the game for Africa I had two African cavalry, 2 heavy infantry, 1 crossbowmen, 2 siege (the top ones that opened in the late mid-range), 2 halebarists and all were to the maximum (i.e. 1,700 soldiers in the regiment) well, plus a personal guard of 100 soldiers (opens with a wreath for the recognition of the dynasty, I really thought it would be possible to improve to the maximum, but there is a current of 100 soldiers to take and all...). So in the middle of the game with such an army I took only the guard without thrashing and went to break up all the terrain I just broke the army in the dust over mine 3-7 times not paying attention to the terrain and the possible outcome which predicted the system, there were even once 60,000 troops of The Byzantine and my 12500 guards, thought I would salt my guard and have to call again not, my troops smashed everyone into a complete rout)
In general, look at the situation first, what terrain surrounds and which troops are better suited, and after when you swing take the best at least 2 stacks and drag everywhere)

A
Alpharius20 27.09.20

Who's got better stats, take them. It's not a total brew, just will be the dials calculated taking into account the factors and abilities of the commander.

N
Nurp 27.09.20

For the tribe and beyond

N
Net_Nomad 27.09.20

James_Mails
How do you call them without militia? I know that they can be divided later... And during the call how?

J
James_Mails 27.09.20

Net_Nomad
In one video saw when you call the troops, the Guard and the knights immediately appear without gathering, the militia only then begins to gather. In general, hold The Ctrl (left) and press them to move and the collection to stop. That is:
1. Put/move the mark where you need troops
2. You'll gather everyone (on pause)
3. Collected troops (guard) make out on the map of the company and holding the left Ctrl you press somewhere in the neighboring district and order them to move

N
Net_Nomad 27.09.20

James_Mails
Cool! Thank you! Didn't know about ctrl, it's tricky)

J
James_Mails 27.09.20

Net_Nomad
I was surprised when I first found out)) It is quite convenient in the middle/late stages of the game, because I had about 50,000 soldiers and wait until all gathered - then I could be robbed and conquered, and once and the guard quickly assembled)

V
VETER15 30.03.21

Net_Nomad
James_Mails
Alpharius20
Nurp
Ctrl - stopped working on version 1.3 as before ... have to split.
Or even what kind of button did they come up with ???
Now this is the only way:
By holding down the Ctrl + key, move the troops to another location. The recruitment of the militia stops.
When you click on the Gather troops button, hold down Ctrl so that everyone gathers in the same area.

J
James_Mails 30.03.21

VETER15
that yes, this is done purely so that the elite troops do not instantly move, otherwise I myself often used to transfer them from one map to another in order to suppress the uprising, then something else, but now this cannot be done ... And from - for this, now the troops are mixed with the usual ones, ideally they would have done so that the elite, at least the first ones, would gather, albeit for a long time, but the first in line (or, in general, a separate button for them), but alas, first there is a militia and already then somewhere at the end of the professional troops

V
VETER15 30.03.21

James_Mails
In order to reduce the militia, we had to set flags. Now they are going less, but not the same ...

V
VETER15 18.03.22

Fixed! 1.5

Hold down Ctrl and collect professionals on the flag of all.
And the militia button is now separate!

Playing as Novgorod as the Vikings, you can recruit housecarls, and after that, take root in Russian culture.