3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Reverrius 27.09.20 09:19 pm

Impressions of the game (Rock of Ages 3: Make & Break)

The theme for the experience of the game.

1 Comments
Sort by:
R
Reverrius 27.09.20

The third part of an absurd-humorous project from the studio ACE Team. As Elpenor, a companion of the legendary Odysseus, we travel across the seven seas in the company of the Stone of the Ages, trying to remove the curse imposed on the team by Poseidon himself!

As before, Rock of Ages 3: Make and Break entertains the player with boulder racing, platforming and tower defense elements. And, in addition to the classic for a series of battles between two fortresses, the gamer is offered secondary modes: race with rivals (who will quickly roll to the castle), destruction of goals with a set of points, protection of the fortress from a horde of boulders, race with a certain set of obstacles, roll boulder-bomb in the fortress for a limited time. Separately there are locations from Wonderland for Humpty Dumpty, which needs to get to the castle without getting on the way. And, of course, the battles with the bosses.

And despite all the above variety of modes, personally I liked the third part less than the second and first. First, the game has little memorable cards in terms of design. Secondly, those same secondary modes quickly get used, and the main battles have too few innovations compared to the previous parts, so as not to seem like the same eggs (more precisely, boulders!), only secondary. There is no balance between the different "stones of the ages" again. It's the same with units-"obstacles": there are goofy, and there are almost "imbecible" things! In the middle of the story campaign I collected a "winning" combination of "units" to protect my castle from the enemy. The situation could brighten up the battles with the bosses a little, but out of three battles, two - came out frankly weak (both in complexity and in concept). As for Wonderland, I can highlight only the final level - which brings at least some challenge and is remembered by the end.

What else? In Rock of Ages 3: Make and Break there is a map designer, which on the one hand is easy to master, and on the other - not very convenient from the point of view of the interface.

Thus, Rock of Ages 3: Make and Break is the average performance of a triquel that ignores hereditary "sores" and tries to "swim away" - loses in quality.

5.5/10