3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
serpen786 29.09.20 10:44 pm

Is it worth buying m.2 nvme at high speed if...

Is it worth buying m.2 nvme at high speed if the slot is located right under the graphics card?
I'll explain what this means: I won't be able to put additional radiators for the M2 drive if I want to because it turned out because of this location to the video card of the place back-to-back. Even the thinnest radiators do not push, the map will put pressure then on the drive.
I know that NVME is extremely well warmed and I am interested in the question of how good because in games the card basking in up to 70 degrees warms up the place with a slot up to 50-55 degrees. The card is not a reference, the air is scattered from the cooling board hot to the sides and including towards the m2 drive under the card, has already checked.
Does it make sense to buy a nvme that warms up heavily under these circumstances or a trotling drive will still save the situation? Or is it better to take the usual ssd m2 which will not be particularly basking in the slot working on the working range of temperatures?
I must say that with the usual SSD m2 I have already checked, without the radiator familiar gave the drive samsung 860 evo at 500 gigs, the result is 52-53 degrees when playing with it and seeing in 70-71 degrees.

A little confused in the forum, forgot how it works, sorry for the topic in the wrong section.
1 Comments
Sort by:
W
WarlokIII 09.05.21

serpen786
Everything depends on the need to install nVme. In practice - the system, games, programs, browser work + - the same on nvme as on sata ssd. Transferring small-volume files will not give a big boost either.