3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MunchkiN 616 13.10.20 10:57 pm

An older version of bios and a newer processor (Intel)?

I have a mate fee on x99 lga2011v3. without a processor. Most likely bios (bios from the plant and never updated) it supports generation processors and 7 5hs (and there is no support for the 6h series since they were not released at the time of manufacture), I want to install a 6hs series.
Will the computer start up to some stage of download without updating the bios or will it be a brick?
how do other intel chipsets behave in such situations?
10 Comments
Sort by:
P
Patrick Star Online 13.10.20

That's how lucky you are. Maybe a brick. Or maybe just a warning at the start that the processor is not supported. Followed by "Press F1 to resume."
If it does not start, the bios can be updated in the service center for 500 rubles.

b
bazilews 13.10.20

Patrick Star Online
And what's the problem with biosusing itself?

K
KAPRAL27 13.10.20

bazilews
To update yourself, you need a processor that supports the mainland.

M
MunchkiN 616 13.10.20

Patrick Star Online
it's unlikely to update it because there's going to be a programor nearby or some crashing and 5930k, specifically waiting for such an event.

M
MunchkiN 616 25.10.20

for the time being rather the answer is that Peka turned into a brick but it seems because of the new memory. anyway the post throws out her mistake that with a memory that is absolutely without her.

I
IlovePS4 25.10.20

Gera95
Socket is more responsible for the iron level of the processor, the bios should correctly define it and know the principle of work, and if there is no necessary microcode, he just does not know what he slipped, as a result of which the computer will not pass the postcode check.

V
VOVAN WOLFovich 25.10.20

Gera95 wrote:
The main thing is not BIOS, but socket. If THE LGA2011v3 percent works.
First, you manage to track the swap file separately and get lost in a nutshell. Then you have the best body with the upper BP, and bp in this position is the coldest. And now all of a sudden you're going to get a percent off another socket. Okay, hammer and strong. But suddenly:
Gera95 wrote:
there should be an updated version of BIOS to this mate.
Spoiler
Gera95 wrote:
It was necessary to specify what mat.fee and what processor.
Uh...

M
MunchkiN 616 25.10.20

Gera95
It was necessary to specify what mat.fee and what processor.
if you will be pleased asus x99-E WS and i7 6900k
so in theory the processor should work as an unidentified but everything gets stuck with the code 53 that in the manul all sorts of memory errors are.
I once encountered a similar problem on the 775 socket but didn't give a value. such problems happened to 1366 some there who wanted to expand the frames of the new memory. and although I have acquired a very close memory on the passport but 19 year and there timings are different it all made a bunch.

L
Lex-one 25.10.20

Gera95
Gera95 wrote:
another idiotic theme for local clowns
That's the way it is.

M
MunchkiN 616 25.10.20

Gera95
as the nameless of the Gothic said -- and how am I going to do it?
For the link of course sincere thanks but to update the bios I need PKA which is a cut-up before this bios can load. and if he had a PKA speaker, he'd be yelling like a baby and couldn't do anything like a technical malfunction. The meme ok function can also kick off.
as if I now only option like to look for old memory.