3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Mihail Kazakevich 13.10.20 10:58 pm

What does the damage depend on? (Baldur's Gate 3)

I realized that there is a cube throws, but after all, I do more damage than the allowable range. How do I basically know what damage a weapon will do?
7 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kazuma Sato 13.10.20

Mikhail Kazakevich
for example, you have a weapon that causes damage 2d6/2 it means that two cubes of hexagonal will be thrown, the result will vary from 2 to 12, depending on the result, plus to it will add 2 (i.e. from 4 to 14) if you have the skill in possession of these weapons then to this figure will be added to the bonus of skill if it is equal to the 2nd , the result is already from 6 to 16 will be, about resistance and vulnerabilities I will not lie, do not know how much they change the indicators, like so calculated, I do not know the rules of the fifth edition and bg3 if you forget something correct (just have to still attributes for a good influence but I'm not sure just)

S
St_Slave 13.10.20

When you create a character, you have three characteristics that affect the damage done in close combat:
1. Power
2. Agility
3. Charisma (for The Warlock Build through "The Blade Contract")
A characteristic modifier is used to calculate the damage, such as 16 force to damage, it will be added to 3. Always strive for an even value of the characteristic. At the start, you can take two odd characteristics and level them out on level 4.
Each weapon has a certain damage 1d4 (1 to 4), 1d6 (1 to 6), 1d8 (1 to 8),1d10 (1 to 10), 1d12 (1 to 12), 2d4 (2 to 8), 2d6 (2 to 12). Also, the weapon can be enchanted by the enchanted 1, 2, 3, 4 (i.e. additional bone to attack and damage)
The final damage formula (in general form):
Characteristics Modifier
A warrior can increase damage using the dice of superiority
The monk (Kensei) can increase the damage using the bones of martial arts (in the game this class is not yet represented
The paladin has a "divine punishment" etc.
In addition, do not forget about natural damage, weapons can be poisoned, set on fire, freeze

K
Kazuma Sato 13.10.20

St_Slave
thanks for a more detailed response, if not difficult to prompt please, the bonus of the characteristic will be added to the weapon if there is no skill to own it? for example, a wizard does not have the skill of possession, but can equip a long bow say, how does this fact affect the formula? thank you for your attention!

S
St_Slave 13.10.20

Kazuma Sato
I quote from "The Player's Books d'd5e"
"..... Possession of weapons allows you to add a bonus of skill to the shots of attacks committed by these weapons. If you make an attack using a weapon you don't own, you don't add a skill bonus to the attack."
Hence the withdrawal of the use of weapons, which do not own - the damage does not affect, and affects only the accuracy.

S
St_Slave 13.10.20

The skill bonus for all classes is the same and depends on the level.
Level 1-4
Level 5-8
Level 9-12
13-16 Level 5
17-20 Level 6
In addition to accuracy, the skill bonus is used in saving and performance checks. Some klass (thief) can double the skill bonus when checking characteristics, so they are masters of stealth, hacking and theft.

A
AngelV777 12.03.21

I understand correctly that crit. only drops at 10 per die for any weapon? If this is not the case, then where can you see the crit. weapon range and multiplier?

S
St_Slave 12.03.21

But dnd5e (the version of the rules on which the game is based) does not have a critical range for the weapon. You will inflict crit strictly under the following conditions:
1) You need to roll 20 when attacking. (The obvious thing, we will not stop)
2) Playing as a warrior (subclass - "champion"), you can crit at 18 -20 on the die.
3) and finally (the most beloved), taking only 3 levels of rogue-killer, we get the skill "elimination". That will allow you to always critically catch creatures taken by surprise. What does this mean in practice. The enemy sleeps - crit, came unnoticed - crit, shoot from stealth - each attack is crit (until they notice), etc.