3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Mihail Kazakevich 13.10.20 11:06 pm

What is the difference between "light" and "heavy" weapons? (Baldur's Gate 3)

There are no explanations in the game
6 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kazuma Sato 13.10.20

Mikhail Kazakevich
well the easy one can be taken by instance in each hand

S
St_Slave 13.10.20

All weapons in the game are divided into 3 categories:
- by type (simple hand-to-hand, simple long-range, military (combat) hand-to-hand, military (combat) long-range, exotic hand-to-hand, exotic long-range)
- by properties (light, heavy, special, universal, double, fencing, two-handed, ammunition, etc.)
- by the type of damage (crushing, stabbing, chopping)
Light weapons - you can take in two hands at once, without any additional damn. All the light weapons that I've come across in early access have a property - fencing means that a dexterity modifier, not force, is used to calculate accuracy and damage. If you create a character focused on doubles battle with 8 strength and 17 agility (at the start), then your choice - short swords and daggers.
If you want to do more damage then come to take a fighting style (warrior, pathfinder, paladin) - "battle with two weapons" (adds a characteristic modifier to the damage from the second attack) and the damn "Use of two weapons" (allows you to take two rapiers)
If you play through the Force, the damn "Use of Two Weapons" will effectively fight - two long swords, two axes, two maces and any combination of heavy (not two-handed weapons)

E
Ex_Vandal 18.10.20

St_Slave
Is this an 5th edition infusion?

s
sobr21 18.10.20

St_Slave
Thank you, very intrecingly, in the game with hints of trouble.

S
St_Slave 18.10.20

Ex_Vandal
Yes

I
Ilya Lyapin 18.10.20

sobr21
such an infa, already on the subconscious