3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
O
OverKill-312 15.10.20 04:23 pm

Artifacts

Welcome, connoisseurs! PG has repeatedly helped out with advice, so once again I hope for your help.
Bought a couple of days ago Rtx 2080 Super from MSI with three turntables, set, all well. Played for fun, everything suits. But yesterday, playing in Rdr 2 noticed that after 15-20 minutes began to appear some white, ragged, small stripes on the screen, and mostly when you jump on a horse, get out literally a millisecond and disappear, but it happens often. Rebooted the game, the same stuff. Today launched in the morning, they began somewhere in an hour and a half, but appeared already less often. Of course I play on ultra settings, the fps are excellent, the temperature of the card is within 65-67 degrees, does not make noise, constantly checked. The percentage doesn't jump above 60 either, even though it's weak in relation to the pm. In other games like this did not notice. What could it be? Power supply at 650watt, this should be enough on the idea, the drivers are the latest. Man, I paid so much money for a card and that's such a disappointment. Tell me what the problem might be. Thank you guys in advance.
12 Comments
Sort by:
p
pekabir 17.10.20

OverKill-312
Did you check the furmark under load?

O
OverKill-312 17.10.20

Pekabir
No, I didn't do any tests with progs, it's a dark forest for me. Should I go through?

p
pekabir 17.10.20

OverKill-312
Yes, let it go. if the problem is in the species, the test will show artifacts. There 100% load for a long time is produced

M
Marsj 17.10.20

Maybe a monitor...

O
OverKill-312 17.10.20

Pekabir
Yeah, I get it! I've already set the proga. How much time to run the test? And which better settings to choose? I have a full hd monitor, 2K and 4K does not support.

Marsj
No, I don't think it's a monica.

p
pekabir 17.10.20

OverKill-312
hs dude, look at youtube guide. I only know that furmark helps to detect defects in the vidy, and checks the cooling efficiency. So look didn't sleep her to hell.

E
Evil Clown 17.10.20

Pekabir
It should not, there is a default like 90 degrees critical mark, and then either the test will be cut off, or the video card in defense will go away.

p
pekabir 17.10.20

Evil Clown
You know, maybe there's a fuflying sensor the Chinese have put in, which shows the temperature is 10-15C lower than it actually is.

E
Evil Clown 17.10.20

Pekabir
Well, it's either a risk or not. I have not always been at my place, not at the others have not burned any cards so far :)

b
bloomm 17.10.20

OverKill-312 wrote:
Bought a couple of days ago Rtx 2080 Super from MSI with three turntables
Does the guarantee have a guarantee? Or a shop?

v
vitalik76 17.10.20

OverKill-312 wrote:
Bought a couple of days ago Rtx 2080 Super
If bought a couple of days ago, and the card itself is not among those that are bought for change, I would return to the store. Climb into such a card until the guarantee is over well so the idea. Yes, there may be overheating, but not necessarily a GPU graphics card. Memory chips can warm up, but the monitor from the temperature will not show. In any case, if the map is new, there is no sense to climb there yourself.

Q
Quebeq 21.10.20

Very, very strange, on such a video card overheating should not be in principle! It's probably a factory marriage and you urgently need to carry it in warranty. It also happens from RAM, check it - wipe the alcohol and clean the slot vacuum cleaner. What a plank to the click