3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Stanislavich 15.10.20 07:45 pm

We'll get squads and mix them up without "Hero." How to do it? (Total War Saga: Troy)

I did not understand how to turn on the functionality of the movement of troops without the Hero at the head of the army, as well as poking poking. but he never found a mechanism to hire units without having a Presence in the Hero Settlement.

Actually. How to fix? Or will the hired squads and move them exclusively under the leadership of the Hero - this is a new "chip series"?

Explain the nuances - the employment of each new hero increases the cost of the army for maintenance as a percentage (most factions, if not all). And when you have a little army, the cost of one new hero can be 700-800 provisions in one turn, but with a large army, the cost of one new hero can reach the values of 4,000 provisions in one turn, which is an extreme lot.

Therefore, to keep even 6 Heroes in the Army is already very expensive in their content.

The map is huge, there are many settlements. there are a lot of opponents. Sometimes you have to fight at the same time with 5-6 neighbors and when you go to 2 sides the main army (4-5 heroes in 20 detachments), then "suddenly". from the other side come 2-3-4 detachments of enemy armies and begin to "oppress" your civilian population, ruining and destroying settlements.

You've got a lot of protection, there's only one Hero in huge territory, which is limited to 20 units. And you can't physically divide this army into two or three units. to walk around the map of your own territory. And to hire units, you have to send the whole army of hero. along with this hero, to the nearest settlement. And to do so that the army without a hero to send to one part of the territory, and the hero - in another, for the replenishment of the army - I also did not find such a mechanism.

And at a certain point in the game, in a huge area, which includes 10 provinces and more than 30 settlements, you use 3, a maximum of 4 cities to recruit the Army. and it turns out a situation in which to hire new units, you lead your hero from the border of their territories 3-4 moves just for that. to "put" him in the right settlement to hire new units.

After all, there is a difference, to hire units with pumping of 6 to the level, or to hire squads with pumping 2 to the level.
4 Comments
Sort by:
V
VETER15 15.10.20

Stanislavic
There's also a quick look, the slags covered the holes)))

When I attached the floor of the map of the island part of Troy to (with the help of the confederacy), the same beliberda went. I had to radically change the economy in the country, that I thought about writing a topic for newcomers.

S
Stanislavich 15.10.20

VETER15
Well, it is logical that to create a confederation even in the middle of the game is not an option. there are troops, along with the fact that they go into your control - at the same time, the cost of maintenance then remain.
I took Mycena, now a thousand 15 vassals and sometimes it is more profitable to win over the faction - to make it Vassal. As such, you do not get an advantage, there is no income, but later, vassals can provide military support.
In a certain period of time he was able to make Vassal Sparta on friendly relations - so now the Spartan in the 4th Army is actively at war with the Trojans, has at the disposal of 5 settlements in his unit and has already pressed 3 settlements from the Trojans, and I did not even send a single military detachment to their territory.
In general, as a protection of the land - Vassala - this is a very good "innovation", especially when on the borders of your territory you are located on each side of 2-3 Vassal.

But the effectiveness of the confederation - I have not yet understood. Maybe - early too, but already 120 moves made, in his army of 7 heroes and Provisions consistently flies in minus 2-3K for each move, the benefit of diplomacy in his time pressed more than 300K provisions.

V
VETER15 15.10.20

Stanislavic
1. Playing Hector for Troy - tried to unite still and because, a lot of factions allied, until their moves need to spend time.
2. Also, watched what armies they create... Silent horror, an army consisting of peasants in underpants, well if they still have driftwood as weapons and so unarmed. Saw who is attacking and with which armies, came to the conclusion: I will make 5-10 armies - they will be well equipped to different types of combat as attacks and defense. Now I have to provide the last two allies to provide troops, because they have the resources but the normal army can not recruit in the consequence they capture. Gave the Allies a region with good buildings, they take everything to demolish and build a labuda to grow food, and they have food for 100,000 ...
3. And as if to perform tasks to seize land, to obtain seals.

To make cannon fodder from vassals, instead of combining the land and get a good income, hope that vassals live for a long time)))

I quickly dealt with the provisions:
- all the distant regions have been transferred to agricultural farming,
- Military buildings have been kept to a minimum,
- impact increased to 60% and above, for greater profit.

S
Stanislavich 15.10.20

VETER15
2. About armies - depends on the possibilities. It's AI if Vassal has 1-2 settlements. he will most likely play one army, base soldiers. If Vassal has 4-5-6 settlements, 2 of which are the provincial capital. he will play 2-3 armies with different types of troops.
Just looked at the map of the world, looked at the Spartan - his aggression completely broke, he lost all settlements. who seized on Trojan territory and went to his home. with two large armies. The strange thing is, the Spartan Mycenaean soldiers come from. but there are no own - Spartan.

I would single out only Sparta and Ftcia from the strong Vassals. And there and there now more than 5 settlements with 2 capitals.
Looked at the diplomatic map:
Sparta - 8 settlements; Ftia - 6 settlements; Ithaca - 6 settlements; Arkadyan - 4 settlements; Abants - 4 settlements.

About vassals: 26 vassals, received resources in addition to the exchange:
Provisions: 4,706
Tree: 4,706
Stone: 964
Bronze: 964
Gold: 364