3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
Cardinal Fikalis 15.10.20 07:47 pm

Texture format (The Witcher)

I categorically welcome you, the problem with displaying textures, after editing. I chose the format DTX5 and many others, but the result is one - either first the texture is normal, and after the dialogue becomes black or transparent, or initially all translucent pixel, with left colors. I use Paint.net. Did anyone have such a problem and how did they solve it? And what format is right to save, normal textures do not have to see the full info.
22 Comments
Sort by:
b
blackopsmaniac 15.10.20

Cardinal Fikalis
On the nexus, the textures in DDS are.

C
Cardinal Fikalis 15.10.20

blackopsmaniac
And? Dds still have at least 4 settings with save, which I need. Why write something if you don't understand?

p
pekabir 15.10.20

Cardinal Fikalis
Mip mapa did not generate the sky

C

Pekabir
Even the icon in the inventory? I think it's in the format. And I edited 2 textures, in one smeared scars from the claws of the screed on the neck, and in another texture of the sword did, the oomkh already has a mip mapa, unless, of course, implied something drouro

C

Pekabir
And before that edited, as well as traces of claws cleaned and normal was, and here either before the first dialogue with Nps is normal, or immediately

p
pekabir 15.10.20

Cardinal Fikalis
Well so doesn't want to perceive the game texture saved through page.net. Try to export or better photoshop through THE GIMP

C

Pekabir
Yes that's the point, I did textures in the menu and they are normally displayed, in the same format the face do or the sword - no longer. But okay, thanks for the tip, also thought to try through photoshop.

p
pekabir 15.10.20

Cardinal Fikalis
skin on the cloud the texture with which you have problems. I'll open it in photoshop, I'll see what you've got.

C

Pekabir
This is it. When you save, you chose DXT5 (and tried a lot more), compression optimization is appraisal. changed and on even compression, and the generation of textures tried to include

https://yadi.sk/d/979VuXyR0_hNtw

p
pekabir 15.10.20

Cardinal Fikalis
as I expected, there is no mip map. You don't have a problem in the interface because the texture of icons is always the same size and doesn't scale

p
pekabir 15.10.20

Cardinal Fikalis
Here's your texture

and here's the texture with the mip-generated map

Can you smell the difference?

C

Pekabir
yes, I Googled what a mip map is, I understood the essence. at first I thought you were about the relief texture. Well, thank you, I'm going to pick up what I'm going to do in a pinta.

p
pekabir 15.10.20

Cardinal Fikalis
Skin screen box export. I've never used a paintball.

C

Pekabir
Here, the generation of textures. although I kind of pressed it somehow, apparently there too need to pick up more necessary. I'm going to try.

C

Pekabir
all, thank you, the problem was solved, apparently the reel still needed the right generation to pick up, because I had previously included some other (not a super-choice) and after the dialogue with nps head became black or translucent points was.

p
pekabir 15.10.20

Cardinal Fikalis
very poor functionality. here's a window in photoshop for example

here you and the setting of the format, and the mipmaps, and the sharpness, and the compression

C

Pekabir
I know how to photoshop, I have there constantly with plugins problem, then does not see on DDS, then something else. And it's easier for me to use the point.

p
pekabir 15.10.20

Cardinal Fikalis
Cardinal Fikalis wrote:
he doesn't see on the DDS
I mean, can't he? swears at the opening or what?

C

Pekabir
Well plug-ins on the dds for some reason do not become normal constantly, I have their pieces 5 somehow downloaded different, on instructions in the folder tossed, and in the end still writes that is not supported.

p
pekabir 15.10.20

Cardinal Fikalis
Here's a working plug-in http://3dg.me/ru/2d-graphics/nvidia-plug-ins-s-podderzhkoy-adobe-photoshop-x64
You don't have to throw anything. download only the correct version under your photoshop. 32-bit plug-in won't work for 64 photoshops and vice versa